PDA

View Full Version : Those Damn Old Folks

hockeybronx
01-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Embarassing moment today, pull up to a light next to some old Geezer with his bride in their $60,000 Cadillac. I figure I got no problem (he's probably driving an automatic), light turns green and he rapes me, with his old saggy wife laughing beside him.

I've now found my future retirement plans!

1badPT
01-09-2004, 03:02 AM
HP usually has more to do with the car than how crusty the drivers are. And most old people want the Deville, which has a V8 - which tends to have some power. Did you think you had a chance?

Speed_Dreams
01-09-2004, 07:30 AM
those northstars has some Go juice. Cushy ride as well as enough power to get that hunk of tin moving. STS's handel pretty good aswell. but devilles are perfect sleepers:dunno:

hjr
01-09-2004, 02:08 PM
haha, good story. You got to be careful. Old folks can go just as fast in a strait line, just slower reactions...

A_3
01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah i got a 1990 Deville, you'd be surprised how fast those things go. All my friends are like man your car must be so slow then they ride in it and there like damn. It's a good cruiser and it can take pretty much anything on the road, save the higher end sports cars.:thumbsup:

maximus
01-09-2004, 03:55 PM
ummm....why the hell were you racing in your 2.0L?? I'm prorbably the only guy on here that stands up for it but not as a street racer. WTF? Any V6 will kick its ass. Now if you had a 1.8 this story would be interesting....
:nut:

Xtrema
01-09-2004, 04:26 PM
0-60 times:

1995 Cadillac DeVille Concours 6.9
1995 Cadillac STS 275-300HP 6.4

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 115HP 7.8

You see your problem?

hockeybronx
01-09-2004, 08:33 PM
"Any V6 will kick it's ass"

Not true man, not true at all. I realize that the 2.0's are slow as shit, so are the diesels too but I have raped quite a few V6's since getting it. Weight has a lot to do with it to, I've beaten a Cherokee Limited with a V8, a Chrysler Cirrus with a V6 and an S10 X-Treme with a V8.

It's not like I'm a avid street racer because I'm not, but it doesn't matter what you are driving if you get beat by somebody 3 times your age you feel like shit.

ninspeed
01-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
0-60 times:

1995 Cadillac DeVille Concours 6.9
1995 Cadillac STS 275-300HP 6.4

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 115HP 7.8

You see your problem?
thoes are old numbers back when they where still rwd with 5.7l

T5Bird
01-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Not true man, not true at all. I realize that the 2.0's are slow as shit, so are the diesels too but I have raped quite a few V6's since getting it. Weight has a lot to do with it to, I've beaten a S10 X-Treme with a V8.

It's not like I'm a avid street racer because I'm not, but it doesn't matter what you are driving if you get beat by somebody 3 times your age you feel like shit.

How do you know it was a V8, FYI unless it has been swapped she's a V6.:rolleyes:

maximus
01-09-2004, 09:11 PM

Not true man, not true at all. I realize that the 2.0's are slow as shit, so are the diesels too but I have raped quite a few V6's since getting it. Weight has a lot to do with it to, I've beaten a Cherokee Limited with a V8, a Chrysler Cirrus with a V6 and an S10 X-Treme with a V8.

I find that VERY hard to believe. I barely beat my cousin in his V6 Dakota and I have a 16v which is faster than a 2.0L. I'm all for VW and an advocate for the 2.0L but I know its limits. My brother has one and I've driven it alot. Weight does have a lot to do with it and your car is not light by any means. Your car and the diesels are totally different. The diesel has probably twice the torque as yours. If yours was a diesel than I may believe your stories but not in a 2.0L. Maybe these guys didn't know you were racing them.

nex
01-09-2004, 09:40 PM
umm to my knowledge they didnt make the cirrus in a v6 (someone correct me if im wrong here)

FiveFreshFish
01-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by maximus
Any V6 will kick its ass.

Mazda Precidia V6 is pretty weak: 128 HP / 115 ft-lb / 0-60 8.5 sec (http://www.absolutions.baremetal.com/andy/cars/mx3-spec.htm)

bart
01-09-2004, 09:49 PM

...so are the diesels too but I have raped quite a few V6's since getting it.

want a head start? lol

the person which i embarrased the most in my deezal was some mid-age asian gentlemen in his c230 kompressor, stayed ahead the whole time, but was i ever shifting through the gears, never grinded 2nd to 3rd before, lol, had to keep that turbo spooled.

the funniest part is the guy knew it was a diesel, later he was talking to my friends in amazement.

l m f a o

hjr
01-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Weight has a lot to do with it to, I've beaten a Cherokee Limited with a V8 man, that sooo bogus. im not saying you didnt beat him, but the dude wasnt racing. i bairly beat a cherokee V8 with my 16v A2 VW. your car is heavier and a fair amount less power and gearing. Thats all im saying.

But anyways, street racing is bad...

MistaBrent
01-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Embarassing moment today, pull up to a light next to some old Geezer with his bride in their $60,000 Cadillac. I figure I got no problem (he's probably driving an automatic), light turns green and he rapes me, with his old saggy wife laughing beside him.

I've now found my future retirement plans!

why would you race a caddy in a jetta ?

VW's are like fat girls, there fun to ride until your friends find out.

:poosie: homo

Toms-Celica
01-09-2004, 10:56 PM
hhahahahha :eek:

hjr
01-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

:poosie: homo hahaha, wow. sooo witty. :thumbsup: you are my new hero. I need to get a mustang GT so I can be cool.

damnit, where is the sarcasm button when you need it...

ramminghard
01-09-2004, 11:22 PM

S-10 extreme's don't come with a v8. It would have been a swap if it was and in that case you would have stoodno chance unless you raced on ice or something. The extreme that you raced probably had a 2.2 inline 4. Not a fast engine but i would still be suprised if you beat it.

Xtrema
01-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by bart

the funniest part is the guy knew it was a diesel, later he was talking to my friends in amazement.

l m f a o

Love the premise of TDI and really wish there will be more super car based on diesel. But the problem in North America is, Diesel here sux!

There isn't one TDI I followed (on matter how new) that doesn't chuck disgusting exhaust at me. I think it's because the sulfur content is too high for North American diesel compare to European but man, for the amount of gas you save, it pollutes the air like crazy!

bart
01-11-2004, 08:12 PM
if they were selling the 150hp diesel here, i would buy that in a second, with that chipped it does 0-60 in 6.4 sec, still gets the same mileage.

but the problem is the diesel here. its shitty ass, and it wouldnt run on it.

i buy low sulfur diesel, its available at only a few gas station here, and also i add additives. mine doesnt smoke very much compared to all others. i even have the injection quantity cranked to the max.

finboy
01-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

:poosie: homo

and mustangs are like assholes, everyone has them and only fags like them.

back to the thread :D

ICEBERG
01-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey bart,

Did the guy in the c230 you beat knew how to drive?:dunno:

Idratherbsidewayz
01-11-2004, 08:33 PM
^^^^

Keep in mind buddy, that TDI ain't stock...

CalgaryB5
01-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by bart

want a head start? lol

the person which i embarrased the most in my deezal was some mid-age asian gentlemen in his c230 kompressor, stayed ahead the whole time, but was i ever shifting through the gears, never grinded 2nd to 3rd before, lol, had to keep that turbo spooled.

l m f a o

I am with Bart. Mine just an Auto TDI. Just close my eyes then jam the gas paddle. Stop-n-go uphill is fun. Indeed those M-B C-Kless is heavy mothertrucker, but safe car tho.

ICEBERG
01-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
^^^^

Keep in mind buddy, that TDI ain't stock...

I didn't know his car was moded.:)

bart
01-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

I didn't know his car was moded.:)

:)

the merc was an auto, so i dont think much skill is involved. i did love the sound of his ubercharger though.

1badPT
01-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by nex
umm to my knowledge they didnt make the cirrus in a v6 (someone correct me if im wrong here)

The LXi's had otional V6 - 2.5L 168 HP. The added weight of the engine ate the HP advantage - the 2.4L I4 actually can beat it with its 150 HP. But neither are "race" ready stock-they are both tuned for comfort. A few wire snips though and you go from high 17s to low 16s.

Seanith
01-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by finboy

mustangs are like assholes, everyone has them and only fags like them.

back to the thread :D

LOL omfg :rofl: :rofl: :clap:

slvrchr203
01-12-2004, 09:55 PM
arent the 0-60 times for tdi's 12-15sec
why do u seem to think they're fast

bart
01-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by slvrchr203

:) i dont know, no g-tech here.

maximus
01-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by slvrchr203

I think its a phenomena called torque :confused:

finboy
01-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by maximus

I think its a phenomena called torque :confused:

apperantly a feature not well known in the honda world :rofl:

maximus
01-12-2004, 10:26 PM

:D :thumbsup:

bart
01-12-2004, 10:36 PM

AHAHAHAH

Scott
01-12-2004, 11:42 PM
I have raped quite a few V6's since getting it.

Just curious what your definition of raped is? Cuz being a doorlength ahead for 2 kms, isnt exactly a "raping"

That would be like me saying i "raped" a **insert cool car here**