PDA

View Full Version : Valentines just around the corner....

BlackRadon
01-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Well it's just around corner, does anyone send there special someone flowers too there work place anymore? Ive never done it before but I think I might this year... Any thoughts on this topic?

Since were on the topic too, what are the plan(if any) you guys planning? Maybe give some other guys good ideas.

eblend
01-30-2011, 10:03 AM
I have sent flowers to my GF (now wife) like 4 years ago, she really enjoyed it and said all the girls at her work were super jealous, so I think it is a good way to show her that she is special. Have also sent flowers to my mom on mothers day. I always used Simon Says Roses, mainly because it worked out well the first time and all the other times since.

ekguy
01-30-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm thinking of attending an anti-valentines punk show haha.

Fuck everyone who has a gf!!! Bastards hehe.

Kona9
01-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Valentines day is the biggest cash grab ever! What is more dumb than the day itself, is the chicks who get pissy when they aren't noticed on that day. Sorry, expectant bitches.

If you choose to fall in the Vday trap, DON'T get roses! They are so cliche and the easy way out. Put some thought into it. Personally, when sending flowers to girls or family, I use Pushing Petals in Kensington. For the extra buck or two, you will never be forgotten when giving an arrangement from them. Go exotic if you can.

Tik-Tok
01-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I always do, but there's a super cheap, good quality flower shop in the same building, and they know my wife, so they always over do the bouquets I buy for her, lol.

codetrap
01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Valentines day is the biggest cash grab ever! What is more dumb than the day itself, is the chicks who get pissy when they aren't noticed on that day. Sorry, expectant bitches.

If you choose to fall in the V-day trap, DON'T get roses! They are so cliche and the easy way out. Put some thought into it. Personally, when sending flowers to girls or family, I use Pushing Petals in Kensington. For the extra buck or two, you will never be forgotten when giving an arrangement from them. Go exotic if you can.

We don't do anything at all for V-day. It's a totally manufactured spending spree created by marketers to part you from your money after you're hopefully done paying down Christmas bills. If you're in a relationship where the woman gets all hung up on it, then you seriously need to examine that relationship. Any woman worth her salt won't care, and will happy with being treated well throughout the year, not just on that day.

Yes, I'm extremely anti v-day.

BlackRadon
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Hmm, good to hear that everyone has different views. I still think I'm gonna spend a few dollars on flowers too make someone feel great that day. I will for sure not get roses. I've never been a fan. I always just make up my own bouquets anyways, more fun that way.

I do understand why ppl dont like doing anything that's for sure, I was the same way when I was in highschool lol. But it's your choice and opinion of course.

Thanks for sharing.

derpderp
01-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey everyone, it turns out we live in a Capitalist nation and people want to give us an excuse to spend money? Who would have thought! I never knew!

It isn't like we all already spend our money everyday, pointlessly, all the time, but this time they actually pretty much make it obvious, so I hate it, I want to be ignorant of our consumer society.

:rolleyes:

Canucks3322
01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
^ didn't you know it's cool to be against consumerism and that everyone on Beyond is a cool hipster?:dunno:

roopi
01-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Return flights to Jamaica on Feb 14 for $296 including taxes. :thumbsup:

Jlude
01-30-2011, 09:23 PM
I was thinking about getting flowers sent to chickies work... but I dunno... might just say fuck her.

Always send flowers to my mom and sister, every year.

Destinova403
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
The day is creeping up... does anyone have any new creative ideas?

Myrrinda
02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Edible Arrangements. So much tastier than flowers.

pf0sh0
02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
^^ +1 I always go for edible arrangements.

Zephyr
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Is it bad that I remembered because Angry Birds Seasons had a Valentines update?

Need to find flowers to send.....

mr2mike
02-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Sorry, expectant bitches.

:D

Str1der
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
We don't do anything at all for V-day. It's a totally manufactured spending spree created by marketers to part you from your money after you're hopefully done paying down Christmas bills.

Are you suggesting that Christmas...or for that matter...any of the other holidays aren't manufactured by marketers to part you from your money? lol?

K3RMiTdot
02-09-2011, 11:19 PM
bought my gf flowers and decided to give it to her personally xD

CaptainReboot
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm sending her to the spa for the day and then we're just going to make dinner together.