PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 3rd Gen TL owners

punky
01-30-2011, 09:57 AM
I've got an 07 TL and there's one thing it has always been bothering me with is the car's heat. No matter how long i leave the car idle, the inside is never warm. I've tried idling for up to 35 mins to see if it'll warm up, but it still doesn't (the engine's temp gauge is at about half). As soon as i start driving, within two minutes the car's heat is warm. Is this a normal thing with these newer car? or is there something wrong? My maxima's interior is room temperature after about 15min of starting. So far i've done these to try to fix the problem, but none of them worked: new thermostat, new heater valve, coolant flush, coolant burp.

ddduke
01-30-2011, 11:43 AM
I think that's pretty common. Both my gf's suv and my truck barely warm up when idling but as soon as I drive away it gets hot quickly.

AE92_TreunoSC
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Very normal, its a large cooling system that wasnt engineered to warm up from idling.

Cars are meant to be driven.

punky
01-30-2011, 01:03 PM
too bad, i like my car warm when i drive it in the morning. oh well if thats how new cars are by design, then there i'll just have to dress warmer instead.

punky
02-07-2011, 07:30 PM
for anyone that may have this problem:
I had our mechanic looked at the problem, and he traced it back to the heater core, which he said there was a valve that wasn't completely open that restricted the coolant flow. He opened it completely and now my heat is 10 folds better, and now the car actually is warm if i leave it idle for long enough.

CMW403
02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Glad you solved the problem my friend.

Odd that the valve was half closed, think there was some work done in there before you bought it?

K3RMiTdot
02-08-2011, 12:26 PM
my car is like that too, and its pretty much brand new =X

dimi
02-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Ummmmm heated seats?

civic_stylez
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I have an 06 TL and I just plug it in. Thing blows heat no problem!!!

punky
02-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
Glad you solved the problem my friend.

Odd that the valve was half closed, think there was some work done in there before you bought it?

possibly, i'm 2nd owner. I didn't look much further, but i didn't even know there's another valve other than the heater valve.

Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
my car is like that too, and its pretty much brand new =X

if your car is pretty much new, i'd check if your coolant level is good. other than that i don't see any components would fail this early for a new car.

Originally posted by dimi
Ummmmm heated seats?

my heated seat is pretty slow too, usually not warm until 10 - 15 mins after i drove the car. It may be the combination of my heater not working well before and the fact the i park outside.

Originally posted by civic_stylez
I have an 06 TL and I just plug it in. Thing blows heat no problem!!!

too much work haha.