PDA

View Full Version : **January Photoshop Contest: Comments Thread**

nismodrifter
01-09-2004, 03:58 AM
January's photoshop contest is brought to you by the admin here at beyond.ca

Thanks to rage2 for this months prize......which is a FREE Beyond.ca lanyard

http://forums.beyond.ca/beyond.gif

Post your comments/questions/feedback about entries in this thread. Also feel free to post any "work in progress" entries you may have and would like comments on

Additionally, if you have anything you are unsure of when working on your entry feel free to pm me or zephyr...we'll be glad to help

nismodrifter
01-09-2004, 04:05 AM
hope you guys like the pic I chose......I think it looks pretty good....really nice quality

I'll let you guys mess around with the background next month :D

not sure if I'll have time to enter a really crazy entry but I'll try and put something nice up

best of luck to everybody

edit: I hope the link to the rules is working fine...........let me know if it is not

TurboCarrera
01-11-2004, 12:28 PM
comments please

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/car0/uploads/jano4-2.jpg

cycosis
01-11-2004, 12:40 PM
not bad man, thats pretty clean. maybe try to clear up the rear door seal, other than that:thumbsup:

um.... call me a newb, but whats a beyond.ca lanyard?

hyperwhite
01-11-2004, 01:13 PM
i think it's one of those keychain straps things. After the last few month of no votes.Like i said last in last months comment thread "if I dont get one vote from other than myself i'm turing whatever the car is in to a dump truck or fire truck or some thing dumb"

cycosis
01-11-2004, 01:58 PM
go for the fire truck:thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
01-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Loks good TurboCarrera

nismodrifter
01-11-2004, 05:10 PM
nice "el-corvetto" :D :D

looks good man

TurboCarrera
01-12-2004, 10:37 AM
im gonna extend the cab a little, and i just want to know if anyone noticed the ssr flares on the bak? (hence the new doorline)

cycosis
01-12-2004, 11:50 PM
i sure hope that there will be more people enterin. it would be nice to see a turn out like last months contest.:) lets start seein some submitions

nismodrifter
01-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
i sure hope that there will be more people enterin. it would be nice to see a turn out like last months contest.:) lets start seein some submitions

still plenty of time left for people to submit their entries...don't worry...they will slowly come in :)

Speedstick
01-15-2004, 11:47 AM
I hope more people will enter...

Mine almost done but I dunno how wild to make it. I sorta morphed it into a stately sedan.

Also - I don't post much on here other than in the contest/photoshop threads. :( I not trying to steal your prizes (I most likely won't want them anyway - too much shipping) I just want to practise - and there aren't many car photoshopping places out there.

Speedstick
01-15-2004, 11:51 AM
oh - can you change the background?

Kona9
01-15-2004, 11:53 AM
^^^^ NO lol

nismodrifter
01-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
^^^^ NO lol

hehehe thx :)

no background change for this month......makes things a little harder since you have to focus just on the car

Speedstick
01-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Does this colour look normal to you? Testing a new technique.

I don't know if it looks odd to anyone.

nismodrifter
01-16-2004, 01:20 AM
looks pretty good to me :thumbsup: you maintained the color of the reflection which looks REAL good (ie...the reflection parts stayed yellowish)

wish I would have tried something liek that on my entry last month....my reflection from the sun ended up just matching into the color of the car

nice work, pic looks great

hyperwhite
01-17-2004, 10:14 AM
i have no clue what mine is turning in to.Mine has borowed parts from a case tractor,a HUMMER h1, a volvo dumptruck and a c5 coevertte:dunno:

6thGen.TUNER
01-17-2004, 06:49 PM
:zzz: lets get some more action!!

cycosis
01-19-2004, 12:36 PM
well this is certainly dissapointing. common people, lets see what u got. last month there were over 20 entreis by now!:D

nismodrifter
01-19-2004, 03:32 PM
well this is certainly dissapointing. common people, lets see what u got. last month there were over 20 entreis by now!:D

:werd: Let's see some more entries people!!!

Dj_Stylz
01-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Looks good Kona real good

Kona9
01-19-2004, 07:12 PM
thanks man. :thumbsup:
the color was too good to change with what I wanted to do with it. Same with the wheels. I would have had to use some wheels from a Ferrari or something similar to maintain the look I have achieved. I guess it's basic but effective.
Lets see more entries people. Hell there was even an entry from Windows paint last month.:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
01-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Ryoslide that thing is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

kona: yet another clean piece of work from you, very sleeeeek design, looks nice

I'll throw up a half decent/simple entry if I have time....

let's see some more:thumbsup:

Ryoslide
01-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Thanx NISMO I hope I have chance this time of at least second place. Get in gear and get one in everybody 8)

cycosis
01-20-2004, 03:32 PM
hey nismodrifter, the quality of my pic came out real bad when i posted it, not sure why..... when you're done a photoshop file, don;t u change the image size and then export it to compact it?

Kona9
01-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Cycosis, thats some great Pshop work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ Lazy
01-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Well I haven't entered in a while so this really tested my skills to see if I even had the basics memorized...
But my entry is up. Enjoy, and Good luck to all

PS: Both Kona and Cycosis, your chops are sweet ass. :thumbsup: :werd:

Idratherbsidewayz
01-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Cycosis you're chop is king...

nismodrifter
01-20-2004, 06:43 PM
hey nismodrifter, the quality of my pic came out real bad when i posted it, not sure why..... when you're done a photoshop file, don;t u change the image size and then export it to compact it?

no I never do that....simply go file--->save as and then select filetype as .jpg

edit: Cycosis, e-mail me the .jpg version of your pic. I will edit your entry post and put up the proper quality version that you will e-mail me. That is just to make sure that there have not been ANY added modifications. Thank me later :)

[email protected]

nismodrifter
01-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
Cycosis you're chop is king...

hrmmm....after reading that comment I may have to submit an entry that will "dethrone" the king muahahhahahahahahah :D

I'll see if I have some extra time on friday night or something to work on my entry and give it a "pwnage" factor ;)

ALL ENTRIES UP TO THIS POINT HAVE NOW BEEN SAVED ON MY HD

Let's see some more entries people!!!

cycosis
01-20-2004, 06:54 PM
goddamnit greg. u and your big polish mouth!:banghead:

nismodrifter
01-20-2004, 07:01 PM
goddamnit greg. u and oyur big polish mouth!:banghead:

plz see my post that is like 2 above this one about your entry situation

thx

prepare to be pwn3d

cycosis
01-20-2004, 07:05 PM
ya, i thik the problem is the version of my photoshop. i got 5.0 limited edition. when u save as, the only option is to save as a psd file. u can't switch em to a jpg or gif. the only way i can get it out is to export them which jsut saves it as compressed file but also deminishes quality. il try sendin the psd file tp u if u want????:confused:

nismodrifter
01-20-2004, 07:34 PM
ya, i thik the problem is the version of my photoshop. i got 5.0 limited edition. when u save as, the only option is to save as a psd file. u can't switch em to a jpg or gif. the only way i can get it out is to export them which jsut saves it as compressed file but also deminishes quality. il try sendin the psd file tp u if u want????:confused:

you should be able to save as a .jpg man, go FILE-->SAVE AS
NOT file-->save
Then choose .jpg as file type

send me the .psd if it doesn't work out

cycosis
01-20-2004, 08:38 PM
fuck man. yea i tried the "save as" and it still wont let me save as anything else tehn a .psd file. and my psd file is also to big to send to u using my hotmail account so don't worry bout it. sorry:dunno:

Speedstick
01-20-2004, 08:55 PM
For whoever did the racecar one (I'm too lazy to go back and look) - it's very nice but you should have put that yellow covering on the headlights. :) I love that look.

Dave P
01-21-2004, 01:50 AM
Ill throw mine up in a day or two

hyperwhite
01-22-2004, 02:45 PM
i'm still working on the fine details of mine.I'm going for the last minuite approch:thumbsup:

cycosis
01-22-2004, 08:54 PM
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:( wher the hell are all the entries? oh well i suppose its just less competition:D

nismodrifter
01-22-2004, 10:50 PM
almost done mine...........its nothin tooooooo fancy ;) ;)

will post up at last minute as usual :D

cycosis
01-22-2004, 11:05 PM
but i suppose your out to "dethrone" the king as you say?:D

cycosis
01-24-2004, 12:45 AM
common................. its last minute..... kinda, lets see everyoones shiat!:(

Dave P
01-24-2004, 01:40 AM
Mines up.

nismodrifter
01-24-2004, 02:34 AM
but i suppose your out to "dethrone" the king as you say?:D

first you need to get your shiz straight........here is a list of the things that you should know about me

#1 I AM the king......so I cannot dethrone myself :D :bigpimp:

That is all :D :D :D ;)

ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY 11:59PM TONIGHT

hyperwhite
01-24-2004, 12:38 PM
mine is up
the corvette HC-1:D

cycosis
01-24-2004, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nismodrifter

first you need to get your shiz straight........here is a list of the things that you should know about me

#1 I [B]AM the king......so I cannot dethrone myself :D :bigpimp:

Hey, lets remember that you said it first. I never actually called myslelf "the King". that was greg and then you.:D

Redlyne_mr2
01-25-2004, 12:18 AM
My votes for Kona9 thats how the vette should have looked...wow

Ben
01-25-2004, 12:29 AM
hahahaha, that El Camino is awesome!

cycosis
01-25-2004, 01:02 AM
awwwwwwww, no entry from nismo? too bad, maybe he was too scared, sorry bud but your past the dead line

nismodrifter
01-25-2004, 01:15 AM
I was out........could not get to a computer to close the contest,

cycosis: no need to tell me I am past the deadline, it would be completely unfair if I would have posted my entry after the deadline

oh well.....I'll post up what I have done once I am able to get onto my other pc

Best of luck to ALL CONTESTANTS!!!

voting will be up ASAP!!!

btw...cycosis: there is always next month if you are looking for a good OWNING ;) ;) :D

cycosis
01-25-2004, 01:32 AM
hehehehehe, u know i was just playin:D , no hard feelings i hope:dunno:

DJ Lazy
01-25-2004, 02:58 AM
wheres the voting thread???
:dunno:

nismodrifter
01-25-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
wheres the voting thread???
:dunno:

haha man....give me a break.....I'll post it up tomorrow morning....too tired to make it right now:zzz: :zzz:

DJ Lazy
01-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

haha man....give me a break.....I'll post it up tomorrow morning....too tired to make it right now:zzz: :zzz:

Come on Nismo.. its 1:15pm on Sunday... where is the voting thread.. ?????? :D ;) :rofl:

air_mikey
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
i think next months contest should be a toon.

DJ Lazy
01-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey
i think next months contest should be a toon.

Toons take alot of time man.. Alot of ppl in school and stuff wouldn't have time to do a proper job... I am speaking for myself right now, but I am sure I speak for others too... :dunno:

cycosis
01-25-2004, 03:21 PM
agreed, toons arnt as fun:(

Kona9
01-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
My votes for Kona9 thats how the vette should have looked...wow

Thanks Man!! I appreciate it!!

nismodrifter
01-25-2004, 06:21 PM
hey guys real sorry about the delay, I am kind of stuck with a shiz load of HW to do today :( I'll TRY and get the voting thread up by APPROX. 9pm tonight

thx for your patience!

6thGen.TUNER
01-26-2004, 12:28 AM
damn mine blows i couldent finish in time

hyperwhite
01-26-2004, 03:37 PM
no voting thread???:dunno:

DJ Lazy
01-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
no voting thread???:dunno:

:werd: I was gonna raise this lil point,. But I been hasslin Nismo enuf... ;)

Your slippin Nismo.. :whipped: :guns: :rofl:

cycosis
01-26-2004, 06:12 PM
y doesnt someone else set one up cause th guy is probably pretty busy...:dunno:

DJ Lazy
01-26-2004, 07:40 PM
He is the Moderator that runs the Photoshop contests every month. He's always the one that sets up the thread. That way its legit.

We just gotta be patient... :)

nismodrifter
01-26-2004, 07:59 PM
thx for your patience

you guys have to understand that I run this contest as a VOLUNTEER. I DO have more important things to do. I do my BEST to stick to deadlines and I think you guys can agree that I have stuck to deadlines quite well in the past (I know that I usually shutdown the PSC RIGHT at the second it turns to 11:59). I am now a fair bit busier than usual with more school work....have to focus more on the IMPORTANT things that I am doing....so if I am a few mins late here and there plz forgive me. :)

DJ Lazy
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
thx for your patience

you guys have to understand that I run this contest as a VOLUNTEER. I DO have more important things to do. I do my BEST to stick to deadlines and I think you guys can agree that I have stuck to deadlines quite well in the past (I know that I usually shutdown the PSC RIGHT at the second it turns to 11:59). I am now a fair bit busier than usual with more school work....have to focus more on the IMPORTANT things that I am doing....so if I am a few mins late here and there plz forgive me. :)

Hey man.. i was just pulling your leg.. hope it didn't come across any differently.. :)

rage2
01-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Kona9's entry is fucking clean. cycosis has just huge number of mods while looking *fairly* realistic.

Man it was a hard decision between these 2 :).

FadeaWAY
01-27-2004, 10:28 AM
What photoshop do you guys use or what is the best one i have photoshop 8.0 <---is that one any good!?:dunno: :confused:

cycosis
01-27-2004, 11:01 AM
i dont know, i have photoshop 5.0 limited edition. it came with my mom's digi cam.:banghead: i really really want 7.0 though, then i could pump ut some nice stuff...:poosie:also, im just kinda curious as to what people think of the "supra vette benz". please no negative criticism, just "constructive". i would also like to know what seems fake. thx:)

Kona9
01-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by FadeaWAY
What photoshop do you guys use or what is the best one i have photoshop 8.0 &lt;---is that one any good!?:dunno: :confused:
I use photoimpact 8 by ulead. Wouldn't mind messin with photoshop 7 or so, but thats alot of new learning. We'll see.

nismodrifter
01-27-2004, 11:55 AM
nice to see a good voter turnout this month :thumbsup: 33 votes in under 24 hours!!!

use whatever version of photoshop you want, they are all essentially the same IMO. Maybe a few small changes here and there in menu design and looks of the program but all of them are pretty much the same. I am currently using Photoshop CS....havne't really seen many differences other than better menu design in a few places and a couple of better tools.

FadeaWAY
01-27-2004, 12:11 PM
nice to see a good voter turnout this month :thumbsup: 33 votes in under 24 hours!!!

use whatever version of photoshop you want, they are all essentially the same IMO. Maybe a few small changes here and there in menu design and looks of the program but all of them are pretty much the same. I am currently using Photoshop CS....havne't really seen many differences other than better menu design in a few places and a couple of better tools.

PhotoShop CS is 8 right!?

hyperwhite
01-27-2004, 02:46 PM
i dont know, i have photoshop 5.0 limited edition. it came with my mom's digi cam.:banghead: i really really want 7.0 though, then i could pump ut some nice stuff...:poosie:also, im just kinda curious as to what people think of the &quot;supra vette benz&quot;. please no negative criticism, just &quot;constructive&quot;. i would also like to know what seems fake. thx:)

i got 7.0:nut:

nismodrifter
01-27-2004, 07:46 PM
please no negative criticism, just &quot;constructive&quot;. i would also like to know what seems fake. thx:)

here's what looks fake:
- brake caliper is too bright of blue (should be darker)
- CF front splitter thing should have just been left off....ruins the clean front look IMO and it is way brighter than the rest of the bumper
- not sure if you tried to make an intercooler but whatever is in the front middle grill things looks "cheesy" imo

overall a great chop :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
01-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Man.. I am getting PWNED this month.. I thought I had a good chop to compete.. Clean, well modded... Damn... :(

I guess I will have to step it up next month.. :)

Any critique would be nice... :thumbsup:

Dave P
01-29-2004, 03:00 PM
well so much for clean chops haha

nismodrifter
02-03-2004, 01:14 AM
A great competition this month!!! Good to see a REALLY high voter turnout as well as a bunch of great entries ranging from completely crazy with flip doors to the ULTRA smooth lines of Kona9's winning entry

Keep an eye on the pshop gallery tonight (feb 3rd) to see what you will be working on for the February Contest.....a great prize is up for grabs this month.... make sure you have your madd skillz ready....