View Full Version : Alley Burger

ZenOps
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
T_2pBgv09HY

Too cold to eat outside today.

sputnik
01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Interesting concept.

The burger looks pretty plain though. I like mine with at least a couple slices of tomato.

dj_rice
01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
:nut:

Guillermo
01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
big deal, it's clearly just a promotional stunt. :dunno:

Scope951
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I want it, any idea when I am able to go get it?

flipstah
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Scope951
I want it, any idea when I am able to go get it?

I believe it's behind the Germain Hotel(?) near the Tower?

know1edge
02-07-2011, 09:08 PM
haha he asked when not where. The video says friday & saturday night?

Cos
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Supposedly the burgers are amazing! I want to try one. $20.00 burger for $5.00.

They have won some pretty big awards for their cooking since they opened.

flipstah
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
haha he asked when not where. The video says friday & saturday night?

Lol grammar fail. Weekend nights haha. Apparently, there's a quota and a strict lineup...

Unknown303
02-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah screw that crap. Go to Rocky's Burger Bus if you want big tasty burgers. Don't camp behind a DT hotel for the possible chance to buy one.

Bizzareo
02-07-2011, 10:25 PM
"The burger is from the Charcut Roast House in downtown Calgary. 9 Ave. & Centre St. S. (At the foot of the Calgary Tower)"

I would rather go sit down somewhere.. But I will give this a try when the weather is nice enough for me to be downtown eating burgers in a back alley

Guillermo
02-08-2011, 01:05 AM
i think they sell only a limited number each night... in the video, they said they were doing a special big time night (for the news, obviously), and only made 50. so i would guess on most nights they only have a handful for sale... it's not like there is a back door where you can go at any time and be guaranteed a burger for $5.

sdevils15
02-08-2011, 10:20 AM
They dont do it every weekend, you have to join them on either Twitter and or Facebook and they will notify thru there.

89coupe
02-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Thats from Charcut right?

I met the owner, she told me about that the day I had lunch there and was raving about her ground sausage burger.

She mentioned they serve them in the Alley on Friday nights around 10pm.

First come first serve, $5 for a burger that costs $17 in their restaurant.

Its one of the best burgers I have had. Simple but amazingly tastey and juicy.

Toma
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Mmmmmm

Sausage burger is good.... I make that all the time with left over Sausage meat when my parents make a run.

Just stay away if you are Muslim or Jew I guess lol.

thrasher22
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Yeah screw that crap. Go to Rocky's Burger Bus if you want big tasty burgers. Don't camp behind a DT hotel for the possible chance to buy one.

Then you're missing the point, the weird sketch factor is half the fun ;)

Unknown303
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by thrasher22

Then you're missing the point, the weird sketch factor is half the fun ;)

But Rocky's is a bus.. that sells burgers.

eglove
02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
so, searching on facebook and twitter nothing comes up. how do you find out if they are doing it?

sabad66
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Twitter.com/charcut

Cos
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Unknown lets do rockys on your next day off.

Guillermo
02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Rocky's is good, but they REALLY need to clean up their dumpster area... you can smell that shit rotting from a mile away, and it really turns your stomach when you're in line ordering food. I think that vegetable stand next door is throwing all of their produce (which is rotten when it's sitting on the shelves, BTW) in those bins, and that is creating the smell... but either way, Rocky's should really do something to clean up that smell! whenever I think of Rocky's, all that comes to mind is the stank from those dumpsters!

and, 5 Guys is the best burger i've had in YYC.

20incheyes
02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
Rocky's is good, but they REALLY need to clean up their dumpster area... you can smell that shit rotting from a mile away, and it really turns your stomach when you're in line ordering food. I think that vegetable stand next door is throwing all of their produce (which is rotten when it's sitting on the shelves, BTW) in those bins, and that is creating the smell... but either way, Rocky's should really do something to clean up that smell! whenever I think of Rocky's, all that comes to mind is the stank from those dumpsters!

and, 5 Guys is the best burger i've had in YYC.

Sure ur not talking about the XL meats slaughter house a few minutes south of rockies on 11th st? That beast reeks, a friend use to work across the street from it and it was painful dropping by his work for a chat. Some days worse then others but still brutal imo.

As for Alley burgers I went the night after it was on the news and was about 15th in line and didn't get a burger so no pans to head back soon.

sputnik
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Rocky's Burger Bus sucks. The burgers are a big boring "meatball" on a bun.

Hardly any decent toppings or flavour for that matter.

Not sure why everyone rants and raves about that place.

Toma
02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Rocky's Burger Bus sucks. The burgers are a big boring "meatball" on a bun.

Hardly any decent toppings or flavour for that matter.

Not sure why everyone rants and raves about that place.
Cause when I get a burger, I want a massive ground beef patty, that does not have fillers, additives etc....

But then again, I'm the type of guy that orders a Rib Eye steak at a steak house, and feel like slapping the idiots that I see pouring some sort of sauce onto their meat, smothering it in goo.

drtoohotty1
04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey guys I am currently reporting from the charcut alley burger line and it's Madness 4 cop cars and security everywhere..... If I get a burger I will let you know how it is

HyperZell
04-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
Hey guys I am currently reporting from the charcut alley burger line and it's Madness 4 cop cars and security everywhere..... If I get a burger I will let you know how it is

Was there too - they had about 100 burgers I think and we just made the cut.

However! The burgers themselves are not all they're cracked up to be. I found them to be good, but not $17 good (it's a steal at $5 though). They were tasty but not really all that flavorful...maybe I was expecting too much from all of the hype. There was a huge line that went to the end of the block and my friends were really amped for the burgers. In the end, the experience was fun even though it was cold, and I'm glad I did it, but I won't be doing it again.

natejj
04-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Buddy and I showed up at 10 pm last night, there was easily 150 people ahead of us. Said SCREW IT. Went to Tubby Dog and Big Cheese for a late night binge.

Big Cheese was AMAZING.

Isaiah
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by natejj
...Went to Tubby Dog and Big Cheese for a late night binge.

Went to Tubby Dog once and it tasted like eating deep fried vomit. Never, ever, ever again. I honestly can't believe people eat that.

StreetRacerX
04-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Five Guys for burgers and Tubby Dog for hot dogs, I've gone to Tubby Dog maybe 6 times and haven't had a bad hot dog yet, give it another shot I say.

Anyone up for an Ultimate Gripper?

max_boost
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Buddy and I showed up at 10 pm last night, there was easily 150 people ahead of us. Said SCREW IT. Went to Tubby Dog and Big Cheese for a late night binge.

Big Cheese was AMAZING.

I know someone who waited 3 hours and didn't get one lol I'm like WTF maybe he was joking.

What time do they start selling it? :nut:

HyperZell
04-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I know someone who waited 3 hours and didn't get one lol I'm like WTF maybe he was joking.

What time do they start selling it? :nut:

That's bullshit. I was there an hour beforehand and I was almost at the end of the cutoff. Anyone waiting 3 hours would have been front of the line for sure. At most people would have waited for 30-40 minutes, as they came out and handed out tickets a little after 10.

sputnik
04-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Went to Tubby Dog once and it tasted like eating deep fried vomit. Never, ever, ever again. I honestly can't believe people eat that.

:werd:

Tubby Dog is disgusting.

The_Rural_Juror
04-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Went to Big Cheese again yesterday. Gravy was super watered down. My first trip was way better. Will probably not return.