PDA

View Full Version : Question on Civic speakers

DJ Glue_gun
01-09-2004, 08:03 AM
I have a set of 6x9 speakers for a '98 civic coupe. Has anyone done this install before and what the best way to take out the old one, looking at it quickly i think i'm going to have to take all the plastic trim peices taken off from the door's back? is this right?

ZMan2k2
01-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Well, if it's anything like it was in my old 2002 sedan, then yes, you'll have to remove the trim pieces from the c-pillar, possibly from the sides of the seat, and then you'll have access to remove the rear package tray. That's how I had to do it, the first time took about an hour to get access to the speakers, but after that, I could do it in about 20 min. Go slowly, and watch for all the little plastic clips, and screws, and you should be fine.

joejoe3
01-14-2004, 10:48 PM
When I had my 96' Civic Si, it's the same generation as yours, I remember u don't really have to take out the back panels....
1) First open the door, then just pull out the clips surrounding the edges, also along the clips of the back-side windows
2) Do step 1 to the other side
3) You should be able to flex both side panels, which is tucked under the big plastic cover, out. the plastic is really durable so dun worry abt breaking.
4) After the side panels are flexed out, just lift up the big plastic cover hiding the 6x9s and pull it towards you.

I fold down both my driver & passenger seat for more room

Hope this helps
Good luck w/ your installation