PDA

View Full Version : Soldier defends rape victim against 40 men

LadyLuck
02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
LIke a BOSS!

Whoa...holy cow! Every once in a while someone in the world comes along and reminds us what a true hero really looks like. A 35 year-old Gurkha soldier named Bishnu Shrestha was riding a train when he suddenly found himself in the middle of a massive robbery. 40 men armed with knives, swords and guns stormed the train and began robbing the passengers.

Bishnu kept his peace while the gang snatched cell phones, jewelry and cash from other riders. But then, the thugs grabbed the 18 year-old girl sitting next to him and forcefully stripped her naked.

Before the bandits could rape the poor girl in front of her helpless parents, Bishnu decided he had enough. “The girl cried for help, saying ´You are a soldier, please save a sister´,” Shrestha recalled. “I prevented her from being raped, thinking of her as my own sister.”

Here's the part of the story that makes you cheer. He pulls out a kukri (i.e. a knife) and proceeds to kill 3 of them, injure 8 of them, and causes the rest to flee. During the battle, he suffered a severe knife injury to his left hand, from which he's now recovered.

For those who don't know...this is a kukri. Maybe it's okay to bring a knife to a gunfight, after all.

http://www.logiccool.com/img/upload/kukri_machete-pvc_handle-cs-97kms.jpg

Honestly, the article isn't revealing the whole story because clearly he was also armed with 2 GIANT F***ING BALLS OF STEEL which he clobbered the bandits with.

Bishnu, you're never going to see this post, but we got movie stars who can only play act what you did for real. I think quite a few men often daydream of a moment where we prove ourselves a hero. We salute you in our admiration.

Someone please mail this guy a "Bad Muthaf*cka" wallet. And by the way, if you're courting his sister, you better treat her right. Note, the video below is NOT in English.

Source w/ Video & Pictures (http://www.logiccool.com/blog/591281-lone-nepali-soldier-defends-potential-rape-victim-against-40-men/)

Kloubek
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Wow... even armed - that was ballsy as hell.

Graham_A_M
02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Very deserving of those medals! Awesome person

dj_rice
02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
He must be Chuck Norri's half brother.

But on the real, props to him.

rawsensation
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Crazy story, real balls of steel to do what he did.

95EagleAWD
02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
:thumbsup:

Not too many real heroes out there.

ekguy
02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
That's crazy shit right there. Completely badass!!!

BigMass
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I’d say he’s a prime advocate for an armed citizenry. Without that khukri he could have done nothing. BTW buy mine and be a hero heh

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3610868#post3610868

desi112
02-04-2011, 12:01 AM
He is a Gurkha

v2kai
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by desi112
He is a Gurkha

Fuck yea he is. Awesome to hear when the bad guys get fucked right up; and by one guy too. :guns: :clap:

wiki:
Gurkhas are best known for their history of bravery and strength in the Indian Army's Gorkha regiments and the British Army's Brigade of Gurkhas. The Gurkhas were designated by British officials as a "Martial Race". "Martial Race" was a designation created by officials of British India to describe "races" (peoples) that were thought to be naturally warlike and aggressive in battle, and to possess qualities of courage, loyalty, self sufficiency, physical strength, resilience, orderliness, the ability to work hard for long periods of time, fighting tenacity and military strategy. The British recruited heavily from these Martial Races for service in the British Indian Army.[3]

Former Chief of staff of the Indian Army, Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw once famously said about Gurkhas:
“ If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha. ”

CapnCrunch
02-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Awesome story.

Masked Bandit
02-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Slightly different account of the story???

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata-/Soldier-takes-on-dacoits-on-trainGang-Of-30/articleshow/6488820.cms

Supa Dexta
02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
^lol

CapnCrunch
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Slightly different account of the story???

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata-/Soldier-takes-on-dacoits-on-trainGang-Of-30/articleshow/6488820.cms

Lol wtf?

CMW403
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Gurkhas are awesome.

My uncle runs the British Army training camp west of Cochrane, I like to head out there with a couple cousins whenever they have BBQ's for the soldiers. Last July he had a group of Gurkhas up there so we made sure to attend that BBQ. After a few too many beer my cousin decided it would be a good idea to start passing around a couple tins of Skoal since he saw the Gurkhas chewing earlier. About 10 of them tried it and spit it out immediately, one of them offering up what him and the other Gurkhas were actually chewing earlier. Turns out their chew was MUCH MUCH better, and there definitely wasn't a sliver of tobacco in it. :D

Cos
02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

My uncle runs the British Army training camp west of Cochrane,

Does he live on Jamieson road by chance? Has a tank on his lawn?

I did work for a guy out there and his neighbor has a tank.

CMW403
02-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Does he live on Jamieson road by chance? Has a tank on his lawn?

I did work for a guy out there and his neighbor has a tank.

Yes sir, the Lazy H. I actually got to ride in that there tank. :)

Which neighbor did you work for? I worked a few summers up there so I know most of the neighbors as well.

Cos
02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

Yes sir, the Lazy H. I actually got to ride in that there tank. :)

Which neighbor did you work for? I worked a few summers up there so I know most of the neighbors as well.

This last summer a couple people built new houses up there. Right before the T intersection there is a new driveway cut in to the north.

I designed the powerline into the property. Couple of sisters who have owned the property since the 50's.

Edit: forgot the other houses. One dude owns ALL the land from Ghost up to the top of the hill. New house in there.

Mar
02-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't call someone who killed 3 people a hero.

CMW403
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Cos

This last summer a couple people built new houses up there. Right before the T intersection there is a new driveway cut in to the north.

I designed the powerline into the property. Couple of sisters who have owned the property since the 50's.

Edit: forgot the other houses. One dude owns ALL the land from Ghost up to the top of the hill. New house in there.

Thats sick man, funny cause I think you and I traded pms a couple years ago because we found out we had some other mutual aquaintences.

Not sure if you're working up there anymore, but if you ever see a race-orange Mustang Boss 302 laying rubber on Jamieson road that's my uncle. That car is actually some kind of special edition (Parnelli Jones?) it's #402 out of 500 or something, quite rare. I'v been meaning to snap some photos of his car collection and throw them up on beyond.

Cos
02-04-2011, 08:28 PM
^^ haha yeah no the project was only about a week long. Doesnt take long to put sticks in the ground with some metal on top. Haha

In the summer Ill go ripping around up there. Absolutely beautiful country. Ill be a creep if I get the chance.

CMW403
02-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Cos
^^ haha yeah no the project was only about a week long. Doesnt take long to put sticks in the ground with some metal on top. Haha

In the summer Ill go ripping around up there. Absolutely beautiful country. Ill be a creep if I get the chance.

Well PM me when you do man, I'd be happy to take you for a tour of the facility.

300zxfairlday
02-04-2011, 09:00 PM
:hijack:

Tik-Tok
02-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I wouldn't call someone who killed 3 people a hero.

You wouldn't call someone who killed 3 armed robbers/attempted racists a hero?

To each their own.