PDA

View Full Version : Retard busted doing retarded speed. Oh wait, it's in Quebec...

spikerS
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
fast car, I should be allowed to go fast! no one was hurt, it was on a highway, and at night...

How fast is too fast? (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/quebec-driver-caught-speeding-240-km-h-20110204-064145-091.html)

ok, I am done with sarcasam for today.

broken_legs
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I read what people wrote here and what I find funny is that everybody agrees that is it the right of the police to declare you guilty on absolutely NO CRIME. Why is it a crime if you go with ANY SPEED if you did not do a thing? A person going fast is not a crime, or should not be, at least till he COMMITTED SOMETHING that hurts others.Oho, yes, HE COULD HAVE HURT YOU IF, IF, IF,...LOL..
BUT SO COULD i HAVE BY DROPPING A BRICK ON YOUR HEAD at any moment I had it in my hands...Foggy minds of city dwellers accept any tramping on them under any pretences...Wonder if Egypt is also comming to us soon?After all we wish to be free also,right?And those poor sobs in Egypt soon will be very fereeeee under the islamists....hahahahahaha...as free as we are here while accused of a crime of going faster than some office idiot decided was good for us,or it is a crime,a crime we did not even come close to committing...........lol...If it is not so, then whenever we fly high and are doing more than hundreds of kilometers,also should be a crime, or should it not?But thanks to our vigilante cops,the guy pays and all is in order, right?hahahahahaha....Now is it not a good solution? If you have mega bucks you can speed, but if not we will lock you up,and naturally that way you will cost US.All that because "we clocked you at 240KM"....hahahahaha...Case closed,AND WE PREVENTED A CRIME...we need more of this in every walk of our lives for sure!Oho, do not despair people, WE ALREADY HAVE IT WELL ENTRENCHED TOO...We have elections,and after the elections, we convert our people into DICTATORS, as they do any way they wish. Yes, we can throw them out come next time...hahahahaha... and put others of their ilk in again...don't you love this democracy where I have the right to decide which dictator will rule me and how long?Then he will name others to help him too,so I would not step out of line....lol...oh yes, it will be all LAWFUL TOO and I WILL PAY FOR IT AS WELL!Humans are so brilliant really!Now, POLICE, let me see you out checking for drunk drivers, instead of making crash resistant cars for ordinary blokes, or possibly roads designed better,good mass transportation, etc etc...Nah, we love this horse-and-buggy thinking of speeding drivers better...lol...and love to PUNISH rahter than prevent...as prevention is costly,punishment is good!I wonder how many horses did this speeing guy had in front of his chariot? 240? one for each kilometer?...lol...

^^^ Toma?:clap:

BerserkerCatSplat
02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

^^^ Toma?:clap:

Toma's usually at least coherent.

Masked Bandit
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
"I read what people wrote here and what I find funny is that everybody agrees that is it the right of the police to declare you guilty on absolutely NO CRIME. Why is it a crime if you go with ANY SPEED if you did not do a thing? A person going fast is not a crime, or should not be, at least till he COMMITTED SOMETHING that hurts others.Oho, yes, HE COULD HAVE HURT YOU IF, IF, IF,...LOL..
BUT SO COULD i HAVE BY DROPPING A BRICK ON YOUR HEAD at any moment I had it in my hands...Foggy minds of city dwellers accept any tramping on them under any pretences...Wonder if Egypt is also comming to us soon?After all we wish to be free also,right?And those poor sobs in Egypt soon will be very fereeeee under the islamists....hahahahahaha...as free as we are here while accused of a crime of going faster than some office idiot decided was good for us,or it is a crime,a crime we did not even come close to committing...........lol...If it is not so, then whenever we fly high and are doing more than hundreds of kilometers,also should be a crime, or should it not?But thanks to our vigilante cops,the guy pays and all is in order, right?hahahahahaha....Now is it not a good solution? If you have mega bucks you can speed, but if not we will lock you up,and naturally that way you will cost US.All that because "we clocked you at 240KM"....hahahahaha...Case closed,AND WE PREVENTED A CRIME...we need more of this in every walk of our lives for sure!Oho, do not despair people, WE ALREADY HAVE IT WELL ENTRENCHED TOO...We have elections,and after the elections, we convert our people into DICTATORS, as they do any way they wish. Yes, we can throw them out come next time...hahahahaha... and put others of their ilk in again...don't you love this democracy where I have the right to decide which dictator will rule me and how long?Then he will name others to help him too,so I would not step out of line....lol...oh yes, it will be all LAWFUL TOO and I WILL PAY FOR IT AS WELL!Humans are so brilliant really!Now, POLICE, let me see you out checking for drunk drivers, instead of making crash resistant cars for ordinary blokes, or possibly roads designed better,good mass transportation, etc etc...Nah, we love this horse-and-buggy thinking of speeding drivers better...lol...and love to PUNISH rahter than prevent...as prevention is costly,punishment is good!I wonder how many horses did this speeing guy had in front of his chariot? 240? one for each kilometer?...lol..."

That's some mighty fine Frenglish right there. I think I can smell the Poutine from here.

J-hop
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Toma's usually at least coherent.

yea I've argued with Toma on this subject several times and at least his arguments make some sense, that post has to be the dumbest most illogical post i've ever seen.

We should be allowed to shoot guns within city limits as long as we don't hit anyone right? that would make perfect sense to the guy that posted that hahaha

Xtrema
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/reader-comments/Quebec+valet+clocks/4224664/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

Valet?

And it's supposed to be a X6M

a man driving 240 kilometres an hour on Ville-Marie Expressway in Montreal in one of the worst cases of speeding in Canadian history.

Wow, I guess many of us would have made history too if we got caught. :rofl:

CMW403
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/reader-comments/Quebec+valet+clocks/4224664/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

Valet?

And it's supposed to be a X6M

So you're admitting on a public forum that you too have gone 240km/h on a public highway in Canada?

AE92_TreunoSC
02-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Most of us should be in the news :angel:

J-D
02-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

So you're admitting on a public forum that you too have gone 240km/h on a public highway in Canada?

I really don't think an officer is going to get a Subpoena and track down somebody for saying they sped on an internet forum. I think most people on this forum have done 200+ on a public road at some point in their life.

Benny
02-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by J-D

I really don't think an officer is going to get a Subpoena and track down somebody for saying they sped on an internet forum. I think most people on this forum have done 200+ on a public road at some point in their life.

O rly?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/08/10/facebook-speeding-conviction658.html

J-hop
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by J-D

it would be tough to prove I agree with that and you could just say you were blowing flames out your ass.

That is unless you are benyl and post photographic evidence :D :D :D

J-D
02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Benny

O rly?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/08/10/facebook-speeding-conviction658.html

http://forums.5series.net/topic/95495-going-140-kmh-on-a-40-zone

He sounds like a real genius haha.

Mibz
02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
If the cops came to my door asking if I'd ever done 240 on a public road I'd say "Yeah, in a Neon" and we'd all have a good laugh.

Xtrema
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

Read what I said again. :angel:

No self incrimination here.

clem24
02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
So the valet did it and it wasn't even his car? So what happens then? How does the owner get his car back? Does he have to pay and the sue the valet or restaurant? Another reason not to give a valet the keys... So much bullshit.

zipdoa
02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
If the cops came to my door asking if I'd ever done 240 on a public road I'd say "Yeah, in a Neon" and we'd all have a good laugh.

Hahahaha, quoted for truthiness.

M.alex
02-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Here's a question I was debating with my dad a while back about a "similar" question - say you went through a speed-on-green camera at 300kmh in a car that's unique, but it has no license plate on it (so it's not something common like a lamborghini or similar that you couldn't easily identify).

Do you think it's more likely the police would just disregard the ticket (due to no plate), or try a public 'help us catch this nefarious offender' on the news due to the severity of it?

(it's obviously a dumb-ass thing to go through a camera at 300kmh, but I'm kind of curious if that type of speed would evoke a response, or not, from CPS)

yipb
02-08-2011, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-qv4gYAE8

JRSC00LUDE
02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

No kidding! lol It would have been nice to know how fast I was going back then but the speedo only went to 240....it was WELL past that though.

Go ahead and vilify me now all you self righteous, hypocritical, nanny-state minded and otherwise mentally affected asshats. I've done a hundred things in my life that COULD have killed me. On a purely hypothetical level I suppose many of them COULD have killed others but on a realistic level that story, and most of the others I could tell, could in no way have caused any other person physical harm. Flame away, I'm not about to start arguing the position.

:)

Tik-Tok
02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

(it's obviously a dumb-ass thing to go through a camera at 300kmh, but I'm kind of curious if that type of speed would evoke a response, or not, from CPS)

Their first instinct would be to go talk to ZR Auto :rofl:

Graham_A_M
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Most of us should be in the news :angel: Yeah I've done 290 on my bike. Although that was on a very open road FAR out of the city, with people that have scoped it out before hand to make sure there were no other cars or people.

Tik-Tok
02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Yeah I've done 290 on my bike, but that was on a very open road FAR out of the city, with people that have scoped it out before hand to make sure there were no other cars or people.

:thumbsup:

3 people, with radios, a stretch of highway with no intersections, and one person at each end, taking turns.

Not that I've done that before...

zipdoa
02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah I've done 290 on my bike. Although that was on a very open road FAR out of the city, with people that have scoped it out before hand to make sure there were no other cars or people.

:eek:

That's fast. A relative of mine claimed 320km/h on a ZX12R. On a closed course, of course...

Graham_A_M
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

:eek:

That's fast. A relative of mine claimed 320km/h on a ZX12R. On a closed course, of course...
That bike can do about 320-335 depending on conditions. A zx14/ hayabusa can do a bit past 340, stock :D

But yeah 290 due to gearing, probably almost 300 now. Yes that's silly fast! The ground you cover in 6 seconds will probably take you 30 min to jog :eek:

Toma
02-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Wow.... how gay....

And no, that was not me, but I agree 100% that speeding is not a crime and should not be so strictly punishable.

sr20s14zenki
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Did around 250k/hr in my 240 once...yep on public roads..oh...and it was more than once....nobody is not guilty of retardedly speeding at one time or another in their life. When i did this all of the times, it was like 3:00 in the morning, on qe2, far away from any city.

Toma
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Bah.... an 800 hp Mustang at WOT for only 5 seconds or so is enough to go from 100 to 240+ on deerfoot....

So I've heard. :dunno:

Pollywog
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Most of us should be in the news :angel:

:werd: My thoughts exactly.

zipdoa
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM

That bike can do about 320-335 depending on conditions. A zx14/ hayabusa can do a bit past 340, stock :D

But yeah 290 due to gearing, probably almost 300 now. Yes that's silly fast! The ground you cover in 6 seconds will probably take you 30 min to jog :eek:

I read that it makes something like 20bhp more @ 320km/h just because of the wind pressure going into the ram air intake. Bikes are so ridiculous... The zx12r was the bike I learned to ride on. Big smiles but decided against buying it because I ended up going WAY too fast a few too many times.

Graham_A_M
02-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Toma
Bah.... an 800 hp Mustang at WOT for only 5 seconds or so is enough to go from 100 to 240+ on deerfoot....

So I've heard. :dunno:
LOL My Triumph sportbike can do 0-250 in about 7-8 seconds. :thumbsup: Anyday your friend wants to race, let me know.
I've spanked a Ferrari F430 Spyder 8 ways from Sunday on Deerfoot, one early morning.
Zipdoa: Its all relative. Yeah its cool owning a $10k bike that can destroy a $400k Ferrari, but to know your limits is where its at. Just respect it for what it CAN do, and to always acknowledge that. To try to push it to anywhere near its limits while riding responsibly is an absolute impossibility
Dont get me wrong, putting your knee down at 140 kph is an absolute thrill that has to be experienced to be fully acknowledged, but one cant refute fhe fact that all it takes is a minimal error at that speed, and you'll be spending months in recovery.
If you can respect bikes for what they are, and what can happen if you're stupid/careless on them; amazing horizons begin to emerge.
It honestly takes a car worth more then 95% of peoples homes to have a performance potential equal to that of a mere 600cc sport bike.
Dont even get me started on Literbikes, seriously.

Toma
02-09-2011, 01:18 AM

LOL My Triumph sportbike can do 0-250 in about 7-8 seconds. :thumbsup: Anyday your friend wants to race, let me know.
I've spanked a Ferrari F430 Spyder 8 ways from Sunday on Deerfoot, one early morning.

250 in 7 to 8 seconds? I don't think so. That would be a 8 second quarter mile at over 150mph.... ;)

Obviously your speedometer is fucked :D

I doubt ANY near stock triumph could even get out of the 11's in Calgary :poosie:

Just to give you a fair chance, I'll bring a little 4 or 6 cylinder import to the track one Friday ;)

manny18
02-09-2011, 01:24 AM
This chit is bananas.... B. A. N. A. N. A. S

Graham_A_M
02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Toma

250 in 7 to 8 seconds? I don't think so. That would be a 8 second quarter mile at over 150mph.... ;)

Obviously your speedometer is fucked :D

I doubt ANY near stock triumph could even get out of the 11's in Calgary :poosie:

Just to give you a fair chance, I'll bring a little 4 or 6 cylinder import to the track one Friday ;)
high 9-10 when I was close to sea level close to Portland. 11 to high 11 here.

turbotrip
02-09-2011, 02:46 AM
I once did 240 in a playground zone.. true story

Feruk
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
42 demerits, license suspension, and thousands in fines for driving fast on a deserted highway? Why?! You're only gonna hurt yourself. Overstep of police boundaries for something that shouldn't even be a crime.

slinkie
02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Factors in collisions:

following too closely, running off the road and left turn across oncoming traffic were the most frequently identified improper driver actions contributing to casualty collisions -- 58.9 per cent in total

6.2 per cent of total collisions involved one or more drivers indicated by the police as having been travelling at a speed too great for the given conditions

(http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/todays-paper/Statistics+show+speed+major+factor+casualty+collisions/4208044/story.html)

That's comparing total and fatal but still. On the news a few days ago they were pulling over disctracted drivers and the cop said over 33% of fatal crashes in Vancouver are from distracted driving (ie texting)