PDA

View Full Version : Americans in an uproar... China to bid on US Defense contracts....

Toma
02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/04/china-launches-bids-defense-contracts/

BEIJING—The maker of China's new stealth fighter jet has teamed up with a tiny, unprofitable California company to try to launch bids for U.S. defense contracts, possibly including one to supply Chinese helicopters to replace the aging Marine One fleet used by the president, according to people involved in the partnership.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/04/china-launches-bids-defense-contracts/#ixzz1D0u72HQ1

I love it.... since I am a big fan of the Chinese and their ability to break into foreign or protected markets without dropping bombs, overthrowing elected governments, or orchestrating CIA style coupes and bogus terror plots lol.

The US should take lessons. It's now inevitable that China's economy will surpass the US' within 10-15 years...

Sugarphreak
02-04-2011, 11:56 AM

badatusrnames
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
haha, that is awesome... Americans are slowly killing themselves with red tape and government corruption, China is becoming the new capitalist super power and quickly.

I'd recommend that anyone read the Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria. China's catching up, but they've still got a long, long ways to go.

ZenOps
02-04-2011, 03:42 PM
China also bought a tiny little bank in California last year as well.

But we are talking tiny, just nail of toe in the water type of money.

The west coast in Canada as well as the US will be the proving ground for nationalist China, not just immigrants.

n1zm0
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM
the bulk of american ppl dont understand how much it costs to maintain early coldwar era 'junk' aircraft or aging aircraft for that matter.

Buying a ton of L-15s for training makes sense instead of maintaining 50 year old aluminum, but buying chinese made heavy helos to replace Marine One's fleet, i'd think the americans would be reluctant to put their Chief of State onto a chinese whirlybird (*cringe*) instead of from a home grown tried/trusted manufacturer like Sikorsky.

ZenOps
02-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I think you have that the wrong way around.

The US wants to sell China planes, straight from Obamas mouth. And when they say planes, they mean military hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BxAzZbfNvY

Now he didn't specifically say F-22's but China could probably scoop up quite a few with a few weeks of interest payments. But I'm 99.9% sure that China would rather have the gold reserve of the US for a one time swap of one year worth of interest payments.

Tik-Tok
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
home grown tried/trusted manufacturer like Sikorsky.

90% of Sikorksky parts are probably made in China already :rofl:

911fever
02-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
haha, that is awesome... Americans are slowly killing themselves with red tape and government corruption, China is becoming the new capitalist super power and quickly.

How is that awesome?

old&slow
02-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Kinda ironic how USA fought against communism all those years saying capitalism is the way to go and now China starts to overtake the USA in the capitalist system. I wonder if they envisioned that when using the propaganda back in the day?
While nasty for the Chinese, the American people would be better off if the Chinese had remained wholly communist...

ZenOps
02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah, China excels at no holds barred capitalism outside its borders.

In many ways the US *was* a master of capitalism, but then they started relying too heavily on media and then media enforced patriotism (which really is the first step towards communism)

At least thats my take.

Canmorite
02-05-2011, 11:53 AM
LOL the comments on Fox News articles...oh man :nut: