PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Collison

Runninghavoc
02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey guys,

I very seldom start new threads on beyond but have a question to ask everyone.

If a Honda Accord (4 door) was in a collision and the appraiser set the damages at $13,000, what is the likely damage to the car in the following scenarios:

- Being rear-ended
- Frontal Damage from collision
- T-bone.

The reason why I am asking is that there's an accord on the market with an accident record approximately $13,000 but no mentioning of where the damage was located.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

J-hop
02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I think that really is a tough question to answer, too many variables. But my advice to you is stay away, far away....

edit: maybe post the year of the accord so someone may be able to give a per/panel estimate or something....

Guillermo
02-04-2011, 07:37 PM
can you get that info from a carproof?

tom_9109
02-05-2011, 10:36 AM
13,000 is a lot of damage. A body shop should be able to tell you what was damaged by looking at the car.

Any chance this is a REBUILT TITLE? What year is the car.

13K is a HARD hit no matter where it is. Even split to 6.5 front and 6.5 rear its a HARD HIT on an Accord.

asifka
02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
What year is the car? what date damage was appraised?
Last november, my uncle Toyota Tundra got rear ended. Only had tailgate damage. The appraisal was around $4000. He took money from insurance and fixed the gate under $1000.:)

Aleks
02-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Runninghavoc
Hey guys,

I very seldom start new threads on beyond but have a question to ask everyone.

If a Honda Accord (4 door) was in a collision and the appraiser set the damages at $13,000, what is the likely damage to the car in the following scenarios:

- Being rear-ended
- Frontal Damage from collision
- T-bone.

The reason why I am asking is that there's an accord on the market with an accident record approximately $13,000 but no mentioning of where the damage was located.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you sure it was in a collision? I know of lots of cars that suffered $5-$10K in hail damage last summer. 13K wouldn't be hard if the damage was more extensive.

Kloubek
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
It could be any of the above; there is no way to know where it was hit based on the value alone. Front or rear hits can easily damage drivetrain components, and side impacts often damage suspension components. Both can damage the frame. Any way you look at it, there is potential for that kind of damage.

The best suggestion so far, if you are truly interested, is to get a body shop to look to see where the damage was. They should be able to pick it out fairly easily.

And also as others have said - stay away. That is a fair amount of damage, and unless this car is an amazing deal and still has a clear title is there any way you should be considering it.

ExtraSlow
02-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Where did you get this estimate? Carproof? Usually those reports say what portion of the car was damaged.

Tomaz
02-10-2011, 02:45 PM
My car suffered $16,000 of damage after running over a curb. It's not hard to rack up that much cash, seeing it is likely most of the claim could be labour.

Either way, stay away.

kvg
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
my dad got rear ended by a 2010 pilot in his qx4 and the pilot looked like it needed a bumper, hood, and light and my dad needed a bumper cover and paint $1400. The pilot had $7500-8000 in damage. It was a very low speed impact.:dunno:

theken
02-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Air bags are like 1500 a piece as well. So side impact your looking at 4500 just for bags.

Runninghavoc
02-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the replies!

In favour of the seller, I will not release what car I was looking at. It was a 2007 Honda Accord (4dr) EX-L.

I received the car proof with the actual cost of repair (it was appraised slightly higher). The report didn't specify where the car was damaged but it was listed as a traffic accident.

I have decided to pass up on the car because we're miles apart on the valuation. I'll wait till the seller comes crawling before I hit them with another discount.

Thanks again for your input.