PDA

View Full Version : Telus data network down????

Canucks3322
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Anyone else's Telus data network down since 2 this afternoon?????:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Mibz
02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Nope, been fine for me all day.

FlySi
02-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Not sure, but when my contract is up ill be going to rogers and will suggest the same to everyone i know. The telus phones i have had dropped about 80% of calls and had no reception where rogers phones did. Telus cant fix it but refuse to cancel my contract unless I pay $400.

Palmiros
02-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by FlySi
Not sure, but when my contract is up ill be going to rogers and will suggest the same to everyone i know. The telus phones i have had dropped about 80% of calls and had no reception where rogers phones did. Telus cant fix it but refuse to cancel my contract unless I pay $400.

I like your enthusiasm, sadly though, I think you're going to eventually be even more disappointed with Rogers, than you currently are with Telus; First, I have to ask, are you on the Telus CDMA network, or their new HSPA one? That can make a world of difference, especially if you're losing signal due to signal penetration issues (using cellphones in basements, etc). I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Telus has FAR better coverage than Rogers. I'm in contracts with both, Telus and Rogers, and while they are both good in the city, they cannot be compared for outer city use. Rogers does not even have signal in small towns, etc. Ask anyone working in remote locations/out of the city (oil & gas, construction, etc) which provider they use.
Good luck with Rogers.

chkolny541
02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
strange, ive always found the rogers coverage to be far superior to telus, including outside of calgary, like in the kananaskis and area, ive always had great coverage

Palmiros
02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
strange, ive always found the rogers coverage to be far superior to telus, including outside of calgary, like in the kananaskis and area, ive always had great coverage

http://www.comparecellular.com/rogers-coverage-maps/map.asp?CoverageMapID=15

http://www.comparecellular.com/telus-coverage-maps/map.asp?CoverageMapID=56

Look at small(er) towns, highways. Alberta, BC, Sask.

nich148_9
02-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by FlySi

Weird – my friends' Rogers phones constantly drop calls and refuse texts, yet my Telus phone has been fine.