PDA

View Full Version : Getting Car Detailed?

K3RMiTdot
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Seeing as Renee's place is no longer there. Is there a place in Calgary that you guys recommend??

tobypaddock
02-05-2011, 03:15 PM
:werd: I'd like to know too. Renee did such good work, I am skeptical anywhere else can match it for the price point she was offering

ExtraSlow
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Subscribed.
Would be wicked if the new place was somewhere further north too. Renee was pretty hard for me to get to.

That.Guy.S30
02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
interested as well.

superboss
02-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Detailz did my wifes Aviator for me a while back and I was really impressed. Little pricey but hey, walked away satisfied..

R-6
02-07-2011, 01:14 PM
There is also a place called Calgary Auto Spa heard they are pretty good too i had my car detailed and 3m(paint protection) there very nice guys and was very satisfied. They are very convient to get too also since I live in the N.E here is a link to their site.

http://www.calgaryautospa.com/

Impreza
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
With spring coming up, I'm also looking for a place to detail my car so it looks like new. Any other recommendations?

flipstah
02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Watching this thread closely. This winter madness is doing a major beating on my interior.

dj_rice
02-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by R-6
There is also a place called Calgary Auto Spa heard they are pretty good too i had my car detailed and 3m(paint protection) there very nice guys and was very satisfied. They are very convient to get too also since I live in the N.E here is a link to their site.

http://www.calgaryautospa.com/

:werd: Had my car tinted there, great work and great price and I believe they were part of one of those Groupon/Dealfind coupons a couple weeks back so maybe some people can chime in on their reviews

max_boost
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I just want a really good interior clean. After a winter's worth of driving all the dirt that has built up, could use a good shampoo, deodorize etc. As for exterior, a simple wash will do.

Tomaz
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Looking for recommendations also.

Missing your work Renee! :(

ArjayAquino
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
my friends just opened one up called Supreme Shine.

link (http://supremeshine.ca/)

I haven't gotten a chance to go there yet, but I'll be going soon. I expect good things as one of them has been in the detailing business for awhile.

SportEL
02-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Refine Automotive Salon. They are right by Chinook Centre.

They do 3M, tint and sound insulation as well. They have a nice customer lounge. The two owners are nice.

xxviet
02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino
my friends just opened one up called Supreme Shine.

link (http://supremeshine.ca/)

I haven't gotten a chance to go there yet, but I'll be going soon. I expect good things as one of them has been in the detailing business for awhile.

"High Protection Wax Hand Applied"

:rofl: hehehe

02-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SportEL
Refine Automotive Salon. They are right by Chinook Centre.

They do 3M, tint and sound insulation as well. They have a nice customer lounge. The two owners are nice.

:thumbsup: for Refine as well

Tik-Tok
02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by [email protected]

:thumbsup: for Refine as well

Close to me, but do they do as good a job as Renee did?

K3RMiTdot
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Close to me, but do they do as good a job as Renee did?

curious as well Haah

02-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Not including vehicles I don't own or family vehicles, I've had approx 5 or 6 different cars go through there, various things from tint to 3M to detailing and been happy every time. If there are any issues they are more than happy to fix them for you ASAP (on the spot usually) but I haven't had anything (except my rear tint which is a B**** and they offered to redo for something I couldn't even see, great service!)

Only had one vehicle done by Renee, work on par or similar? Yes very similar but never had the same vehicle go to both shops to do a direct comparison.

funkytuqe
02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
What happened to Renee/Chatelaine Auto?

gyu
02-10-2011, 04:53 PM
^They closed

adrian_nyc
02-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Try rcs car parlour. Pretty decent job on my subbie. wicked clean on the inside i must say. plus they got a feb special (it is pretty cold out tho) Paid $150 for a complete detail w/ polish and wax.

bart
02-23-2011, 11:39 PM
nobody has heard of this place?

http://mobilereflections.ca/

maxwinedog
02-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I just want a really good interior clean. After a winter's worth of driving all the dirt that has built up, could use a good shampoo, deodorize etc. As for exterior, a simple wash will do.

Do what i do and just go to cdn tire and pick up the mequires and turtle wax products and do it yourself. Its easy and save a lot of $.:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by bart
nobody has heard of this place?

http://mobilereflections.ca/

I used Jed a few years ago on my Audi. It was the first time I'd ever used a professional detailer, and was very impressed by the work, until I used someone else.

I never knew anything about detailing before that, as I'd never had a car nice enough to require it, but as I've learned since, a good detailer shouldn't leave a hologram effect, and man, my whole Audi is nothing BUT holograms. (and still is to this day).

Kept meaning to bring it in to Renee for a better quality job, but never had the extra funds. Now when I do have it, I'll try the aforementioned Refine.

84stock
03-05-2011, 11:41 PM
I have been practicing and learning by the seat of my pants on my own (along with a lot of internet learn and you surf)

Before on the right side of the hood, after on the left

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd26/84stock/buffing/updated5.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd26/84stock/buffing/updated8.jpg

and some more pics

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd26/84stock/buffing/updated7.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd26/84stock/buffing/updated4.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd26/84stock/buffing/updated1.jpg

AutoObsessed
03-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 84stock
I have been practicing and learning by the seat of my pants on my own (along with a lot of internet learn and you surf)

That's a good start, looks like it is coming along.

Night and day difference.

sillysod
03-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Other then a good wax/power polish I don't understand why someone would pay $$$ to have their car cleaned and washed. :nut: Interior/engine bay cleaning isn't hard if you have patience, beer and good tunes.

Someone that can strip and polish though is totally different, it's like taping drywall. It's almost more of an art then simple apply and remove.

On that note I need my audi power polished so thanks for the thread OP.

saladonthebeach
03-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Good thing nobody recommended Ziebart... the Wal-Mart of detailers with the bloated price tag. That figures because chain/franchise stores don't pay nor teach their staff well enough, so there are problems of employee turnarounds and lack of experience. The mom and pop detailers get my business.

bart
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I used Jed a few years ago on my Audi. It was the first time I'd ever used a professional detailer, and was very impressed by the work, until I used someone else.

I never knew anything about detailing before that, as I'd never had a car nice enough to require it, but as I've learned since, a good detailer shouldn't leave a hologram effect, and man, my whole Audi is nothing BUT holograms. (and still is to this day).

Kept meaning to bring it in to Renee for a better quality job, but never had the extra funds. Now when I do have it, I'll try the aforementioned Refine.

well i dont think he caused them... i have never tried him but everyone i talked to says he's amazing soooo

Eride
04-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I have had vehicles detailed by both Jed at Mobile Reflections, and Renee when she was in business. To me there is absolutly no comparison. Jed is a perfectionist and does flawless work, he did a full powerpolish on my STi and it looked better than new, cut no corners and was extremely professional and accommodating to work with. I will continue to use Mobile Reflections on all of my vehicles for sure. :thumbsup:

afrotl
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Any one use these guys?

- HOT DEAL: Studio City Fine Cars and Detailing - $29 for a Complete Auto Detailing Package (Save 59% Off)

Thaco
05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by afrotl
Any one use these guys?

- HOT DEAL: Studio City Fine Cars and Detailing - $29 for a Complete Auto Detailing Package (Save 59% Off)

i bought that, for $29, at least i wont have high expectations :P

Tik-Tok
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Hmm, never came back to this thread last month, and didn't realize Jed responded to my post, I'll have to get back to him about it.

edit: and now I see the powers that be deleted his posts (as expected, since he isn't a sponsor)

K3RMiTdot
05-19-2011, 09:02 PM
booked an appt with jed in june boo yeah

afrotl
05-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

i bought that, for $29, at least i wont have high expectations :P
I was thinking of upgrading to a full shampoo and they quoted an extra 89 bucks so about 120 for a full detail.

Thaco
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by afrotl

I was thinking of upgrading to a full shampoo and they quoted an extra 89 bucks so about 120 for a full detail. it says on the coupon page you can use the value towards an upgraded package.

KandabashiDevil
05-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Refine Auto Salon :thumbsup:

These guys are professionals. No mobile service can compete with a fully equipped facility.

max_boost
05-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Just booked an appointment with Jed for July. Excited after hearing all the positive reviews. Time to get the car nice and shiny.

Impreza
05-21-2011, 01:49 AM
My buddy just got his black S5 detailed by Jed and he did a flawless job. I drove my buddy to pick up his car and when I got there, I was extremely impressed by the way the car turned out. Looked way better than when he picked up his car new from the dealership. The metallic in the black popped so much the car almost looked dusty!

I find it extremely hard to believe that Jed would cause any marring or holograming. Did he polish your car or was it just a wash and wax?

bart
05-21-2011, 02:24 AM
you mean the pearl in the black ;)

bituerbo
05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Looking at the pics from Mobile Reflections is exactly the type of service I was looking for.

Tik-Tok
05-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

I find it extremely hard to believe that Jed would cause any marring or holograming. Did he polish your car or was it just a wash and wax?

:dunno: Believe what you want, I'm just telling you the facts. He did full exterior. With so many people saying otherwise, I'll try him again, but it is, what it is.

Wrath
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Dave @ Personal Touch Car Care.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=personal+touch+car+care+calgary&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=personal+touch+car+care&hnear=0x537170039f843fd5:0x266d3bb1b652b63a,Calgary,+AB&cid=600878816503167764&z=14

Dave and his wife have been doing the best job on Calgary's nicest cars for years. They do 1/2 of all the World of Wheels cars...all of Davenports customer cars and have been doing City of Calgary Ambulances for years...

Nice guy.....kinda crazy...but does great work

-Scott

max_boost
07-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Just booked an appointment with Jed for July. Excited after hearing all the positive reviews. Time to get the car nice and shiny.

So Jed came over to my place and worked his magic on the NSX. The car shines now and is silky smooth on every body panel. Well done Jed. :thumbsup:

Disoblige
07-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Damn.

K3RMiTdot
07-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Jed does amazing work. Took my car to him a few weeks ago

JZS_147
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I've sent numerous cars to Detailz and they do excellent work.

IncogCiv
07-22-2011, 02:30 PM
$400 bucks? Holy balls. Didn't think it would be that expensive! Guess you get what you pay for though.

M.alex
07-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by IncogCiv
$400 bucks? Holy balls. Didn't think it would be that expensive! Guess you get what you pay for though.

Anybody who's half decent is not going to slave away over your car for 8-10hrs and only charge $100.

afrotl
07-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Can some pm the info for this Jeff guy I need to get mine done soon. Anyone heard of Calgary Finest Auto Detail on Meridian Road.

astro_ng
07-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Mod edit: Advertising for sponsors only
http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=2

IncogCiv
07-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

Anybody who's half decent is not going to slave away over your car for 8-10hrs and only charge $100.

No argument there. Seems like the polish is what makes up most of the cost?

Mitsu3000gt
07-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by IncogCiv

No argument there. Seems like the polish is what makes up most of the cost?

I just spent 7 hours detailing my car on the weekend, and probably 5 of that was on the exterior. Properly washing, then clay bar (takes a LONG time to do right, constantly checking & rechecking the surface as you inch around the vehicle), then a hand wax of the car & rims and I was at around 5 hours. I'm probably more picky/anal than most, but I would want that if I'm paying $400 for a full detail. The shops use power tools and can get a cut polish in there too in not a lot more time probably, but I was just using my experience as an example of how long it takes to do a 100% proper job.

But yes, the cut polishes make the price go up the quickest, as not only does it take time, but a very skilled hand to not ruin the paint.

redsrt4
08-04-2011, 05:05 PM
any thoughts on refined auto detailing?? in home service

DSM4LIFE
08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
refine is a great place to go for sure!! but for others that are looking for power polishes, i will be doing them out of my home. i have all three stages, cutting compound machine polish and ultrafina. message me if anyone is interested.

redsrt4
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
refined autodetailing did a great great work on my car..
fyi: refined autodetailing is different from refine autosalon

Axe
08-17-2011, 05:57 PM
+1 for Leo at Refine Autosalon. Did a great job on my Highlander. Thank you!

ANDYPLUS
09-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I have seen a few cars done by 2 Clean Calgary Car Detail, and they do a great job plus you don't need to book your appointment and they are open Saturday from 7am.
Out of everything else mentioned - I would say Refine is the best salon for tint in Calgary.

themack89
10-20-2011, 08:15 PM
I tried Bubbles... Not recommended.

ExtraSlow
01-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Gonna bump this. I'm looking for some exterior touch-up work before I sell my Mazda3, and the interior is pretty filthy too.
since I'm selling it, I don't want to spend too much, but it does have to look decent or nobody will buy it. I don't have a heated garage, so it can't be done at my place. No mobile services (sorry jed)

The new van I'm looking at will probably go to refine for the 3m and tint, but that's a different thread.

03ozwhip
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Wrath
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Dave @ Personal Touch Car Care.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=personal+touch+car+care+calgary&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=personal+touch+car+care&hnear=0x537170039f843fd5:0x266d3bb1b652b63a,Calgary,+AB&cid=600878816503167764&z=14

Dave and his wife have been doing the best job on Calgary's nicest cars for years. They do 1/2 of all the World of Wheels cars...all of Davenports customer cars and have been doing City of Calgary Ambulances for years...

Nice guy.....kinda crazy...but does great work

-Scott

hes my(step) uncle and ya hes crazy but him and Lori do amazing work. people probably dont know him because he is out in the boonies. anyways i actually bumped this because of the calgary deals and discounts for supreme shine and wanted to know if anyone has used them yet.

TQuon
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

hes my(step) uncle and ya hes crazy but him and Lori do amazing work. people probably dont know him because he is out in the boonies. anyways i actually bumped this because of the calgary deals and discounts for supreme shine and wanted to know if anyone has used them yet.

I have had 2 good experiences with supreme shine, I would recommend them.

Stay away from Calgary auto spa, and Absolute auto detailing. Seriously, stay away.

Tik-Tok
03-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Forgot about this thread. I spoke negatively of Jeds work from my previous experience (only one), last fall I tried him again (without mentioning my previous exp.), and he did an awesome job this time.

I'd recommend him now. :thumbsup:

max_boost
03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Has anyone used Bubbles on Macleod? (seriously)

AllGoNoShow
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM

Haven't had them polish anything or do any extensive work but they do pretty good quick jobs, in and out in 20 minutes interior & exterior. Major work I'd still leave for Jed due to experience and he takes his time to make sure it is right, there is no line up being him waiting to be done the same day/hour.

EDIT: This was the one just off Macleod in front of Hooters at whatever it is, 42nd, not the one on 58th by Chinook. The one near Hooters as a wash bay setup for higher end vehicles, especially with wheels, where they do it mostly by hand and do not run it through the auto tracks, Chinook only has the auto tracks.

93VR6
03-15-2013, 09:12 PM

My buddy used em for his 2011 Ram, worst job we've ever seen, I could do better in an hour with a sponge and a spray hose. The interior looked like it had been coated in some sort of baby oil and it was greasy for about 3 days until my buddy finally got tired of it and cleaned it all off with a paper towel. Never use bubbles on Macloeod Trail.

HiSpec
03-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6

My buddy used em for his 2011 Ram, worst job we've ever seen, I could do better in an hour with a sponge and a spray hose. The interior looked like it had been coated in some sort of baby oil and it was greasy for about 3 days until my buddy finally got tired of it and cleaned it all off with a paper towel. Never use bubbles on Macloeod Trail.

They probably used petroleum based interior quick-detailer (think Armour-All).

For anyone that would like to remove petroleum based interior quick-detailer, use diluted all purpose cleaner and microfiber cloth.

ddduke
03-18-2013, 07:13 PM

I've used them twice when for their "executive package" which includes hand wash, tire shine, wheel clean and full interior including shampoo.

They charge about $300 for this service which I think is a total rip for what you get. Both times the windows were so steaky that I can't see in the sun and the dash is covered in cleaning residue, cracks are leaking excess cleaning product, shampoo is fine. When I called back they were super good about it though, said to bring in in and they'd fix it.

Only reason I ever use them is because you can roll up at 8 am on any day and your car will be done same day, no appt or anything. If you do use them just make sure to have a roll of paper towel and some windex to do a quick tidy up of their mess.