PDA

View Full Version : FS: BluRay HTPC ASRock ION 330 HT-BD

helrazr
02-06-2011, 07:44 PM
$450

For a substantially upgraded BluRay HTPC:

I have a very nice HTPC, an as new ASRock ION 330 HT-BD (Reciept from Newegg will accompany the unit). It has seen minimal use and still has the plastic wrap protecting the Piano black finish on it. I have replaced the Atheros wireless card that was 802.11N but only 2.4GHz to a Broadcom Dual band 802.11N that operates in both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz ranges. I removed the stock hard drive it came with and added two Western Digital 500GB Blue Scorpio drives that are operating in RAID0 stripe. Yes this is the unit with the Blu-Ray drive and I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on it two nights ago(For evaluation purposes only). The link for this HTPC if you might be interested is:

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overvi...=ION%20330HT-BD

Intel® Dual Core Atom™ 330
NVIDIA® ION™ GPU with Full HD 1080p playback capability
BD (Blu-ray Disc) Combo
EuP 2.0 Ready
802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN
Capable to support RAID 0, 1 by adopting the 2nd 2.5” HDD
Powered eSATA/USB port
MCE Remote Controller
Energy Star 5.0 Level

scary_perry
02-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Is that a legit operating system?

How much RAM?

Do BR discs play using Win 7 Ult or do you need Cyberlink? Is Cyberlink included?

helrazr
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by scary_perry
<Is that a legit operating system?>

Yes but for $450 it is not included in the price... Thanks for asking I have clarified my post.

<How much RAM?>

2GB

<Do BR discs play using Win 7 Ult or do you need Cyberlink? Is Cyberlink included?>

A really, really quick search using my google-fu (took me about 10 seconds to search) reveals that DivX Plus for Windows 8.1.0 apparently works as a Blu-Ray player and it's free.

Several programs such as Cyberlink PowerDVD, Corel WinDVD Pro, Arcsoft Total Media Theatre are pay for versions. If you watch e-Bay, you will find PowerDVD 10 Ultra on sale for $10 very regularly. Whatever you do don't pay more than 10-15 for it. Or conversely, use DivX Plus for Windows 8.1.0 because it's free.

So no Cyberlink is not included.

helrazr
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Sold thank you