PDA

View Full Version : Are VMR Prices actually accurate?

psi_klops
02-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi All,

I see that a lot of people look to VMR for their pricing comparisons and such, but the retail prices quoted online VS the actual ones at a dealership are way off.

Are the VMR prices accurate and dealerships are just price gouging...or are the VMR prices unrealistic.

Thanks!!

ddduke
02-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Dealerships definitely try to squeeze every last penny out of a vehicle but from what I've seen on VMR the site isn't that accurate either.

IMO it all depends on region. For example; trucks are cheap here and there's thousands of them for sale. But when I looked for trucks in Vancouver where there's not as many they were way over priced. I've also noticed the same thing when scoping vehicle in small towns where there's not a ton of cars to choose from.

se7en
02-07-2011, 01:37 AM
lol..says my 02 wrx should cost 9500...I was lined up at the dealership to buy this car, but I was the only one with cash in hand.

seems clean wrx's are worth a bit more than this site says...

911fever
02-07-2011, 02:06 AM
not even close. The numbers are WAY off. Whatever you think your car is worth, it's worth less than what you think.

nobb
02-07-2011, 07:46 AM
It's a good start, but you should always double check the prices on kijiji/craigslist/autotrader. The value estimated on VMR is pretty accurate for the Pathfinder that Im selling, but I've noticed that it loses accuracy for high demand vehicles or newer vehicles.

The wholesale value is way off though. If you were to walk into a dealer, expect $2-4g less than the wholesale price shown on VMR.