PDA

View Full Version : Egypt's WMDs

Canmorite
02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Where have I heard this story before? I think they kept the text the same and simply replaced Iraq with Egypt. Scary :nut:

At the heart of the concern is intelligence indicating that Egypt has quietly carried out research and development on weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear, chemical, biological and missile technology.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452744/ns/world_news-mideast/n_africa/

Tik-Tok
02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
It'd be foolish to think any country in the world (except the poor ass broke ones) aren't doing the same.

Xtrema
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Nukes get you "respect". It's the only reason Pakistan is not a smoldering hole in the ground yet.

desi112
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Where have I heard this story before? I think they kept the text the same and simply replaced Iraq with Egypt. Scary :nut:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452744/ns/world_news-mideast/n_africa/

Obvoiusly USA and the Obama admin feel like they are losing control over the Suez Canal, a big worry for them. They are just setting up a "scenerio" incase hard-line Muslims take control.

syeve
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Fuck, watching US news, when am I going to learn. I think it was CNN, they start talking up the VP Suleiman, he is intelligent, wants to work for the people bah blah...So I start thinking he is a good choice for at least some form of interm leader/gov't.

Turns out (no mention of this on CNN after his interview - CNN makes him out to be some type of fucking saint);

Ties with the CIA, countless human right violation allegations and taken from wiki - "Suleiman is seen as a very close and trusted ally of President Mubarak, sharing many of his views on key issues such as Iran, Egypt–Israel relations and the United States, and treatment of the Muslim Brotherhood"

When will I learn.\

In case you want to read about this gentle soul...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Suleiman

BigMass
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Egypt is just like Iraq. Mubarak was a US / CIA puppet like Saddam, the got sick of him now they want a new puppet in there (El Baradei). The only difference is the method they went about getting the results they wanted. The media is of course going to do it’s job as the propaganda arm of the government and drum up any type of crap they can to garner sympathy for a regime change.

carried out research and development on weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear, chemical, biological and missile technology.

lol R&D. They make it sound like Egypt has 100 nukes and some random terrorist has his finger on the button.

Sugarphreak
02-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Anomaly
02-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by syeve

When will I learn.\

In case you want to read about this gentle soul...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Suleiman

Sure is great that we have the unbiased, reliable source of information that is wikipedia...

:rofl:

Spoons
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
It'd be foolish to think any country in the world (except the poor ass broke ones) aren't doing the same.

Exactly. A co-worker has a pretty high ranking uncle in the Canadian military who has told him a few times when drunk during Christmas' at his house that Canada has a lot more in its arsenal than they lead on to believe.

Whether or not my co-worker is full of shit is a different story, but it wouldn't surprise me in the very least. If you were building a bomb in your garage, would you go tell all your neighbours?

Anomaly
02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Exactly. A co-worker has a pretty high ranking uncle in the Canadian military who has told him a few times when drunk during Christmas' at his house that Canada has a lot more in its arsenal than they lead on to believe.

Yes, we might not produce nuclear weapons, but that doesn't mean the US can't provide them for us :nut:

Look up the AIR-2 Genie missile for example, pretty badass

Feruk
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Ooh can't wait to see what Glenn Beck has to say about this!

CUG
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh wow... this shit again.