PDA

View Full Version : LF workout ideas

ddduke
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm looking for some online sources for full workout routines, kind of like this:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/309940/666-workout-from-hell/

There's a few routines that I've been circulating for the last few years but am looking to change it up.

I can't seem to find any sites where it says:

day 1: these workouts
day 2: these workouts
day 3: these workouts
etc.

I hired a personal trainer for 5 days/week for 3 months a few years back but don't wanna do this again.

Any input would be much appreciated.

liquidboi69
02-07-2011, 05:25 PM
You should state your goals first, because there's tonnes of routines out there.

ddduke
02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't really have any specific goals, I'm really happy with the way I feel and look, I'm just trying to learn some new workouts.

But I guess I'm looking for muscle building routines and cutting routines for the different phases I go through.

scboss
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
So you want to workout for looks? Or do you want strength and power?

Btw unless you have been consistant for over 2 years at the gym do not do a bulking and cutting phase. There is nothing worse then bulking up then quitting and looking and feeling like shit.

ddduke
02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
^^^^^I work out mostly for looks but I do look for strength also.

I usually bulk during the colder months and cut during the summer months. I've been consistant for the last 4 years. I only took 2 months off once and this was due to a shoulder injury.

lint
02-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ddduke
^^^^^I work out mostly for looks but I do look for strength also.

I usually bulk during the colder months and cut during the summer months. I've been consistant for the last 4 years. I only took 2 months off once and this was due to a shoulder injury.

dLRUawtiatU

WF9vXM7Tr70

:love: :poosie: :thumbsup:

scboss
02-09-2011, 10:09 AM
lol on a serious note

your gonna have to lower the weight alot and do a 4-1-2 tempo to create hypertrophy.

So for example bench press 4 seconds down 1 second pause 2 seconds up. You will want to take under 1min breaks with 3-4 sets making sure to stay between 8-12 reps.

IMO tho you should workout for strength, size may make you look better but power and strength make you feel alot better.

ddduke
02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the tip man. I'm not really trying to achieve anything though. What I'm looking for is workout routines.

Something so I can learn some new workouts + workouts that go well with each other. Then If I want to modify rep/weight or adding/taking away cardio in the future for different results I can do so.

scboss
02-09-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian-yates-blood-guts-6-week-trainer.htm

check out these vids, the only thing i didnt agree with was the leg day but its for looks over strength check it out tho it pretty good.

Ive personally done this and it gives really good results (plus i missed a week due to illness)

pinoyhero
02-13-2011, 09:21 AM
If your after something for all round fitness, not to run a marathon or dead 4 wheels, give crossfit an honest 3 months on a paleo diet. I won't go back to trad lifting and supplement heavy routines

chathamf
02-19-2011, 02:33 PM
If your just looking to change things up, get a subscription to something like Men's Health or Max Fitness or something. Usually gives you a few different routines every months, plus some good eating tips, and tons of other shit.

I usually pick up an issue at the grocery store and throw it in the bathroom and it gets read through within a week, haha.

ddduke
02-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
If your just looking to change things up, get a subscription to something like Men's Health or Max Fitness or something. Usually gives you a few different routines every months, plus some good eating tips, and tons of other shit.

I usually pick up an issue at the grocery store and throw it in the bathroom and it gets read through within a week, haha.

That's not really what I'm looking for. Mens health throws out a few different workouts you can do but not much else.

I exercise 2-2.5 hours a day know all about eating right. I'm looking for full routines as I'm getting bored of most of the things I do. I'm not looking for random exercise, I'm more looking for tried and tested routines like what warcaster posted.

For example, right now on my chest days I do:

-5 min run for warm up
-Incline bench, 4 sets of 8
-decline bench, 4 sets of 8
-flat bench, 4 sets of 8
-pec flys off a cable, 4 sets of 8
-10-15 mins of abs
-30 mins elliptical

I'm looking for full routines like that, just new ideas to switch it up.

A790
02-20-2011, 10:27 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322699