PDA

View Full Version : Mary Brown's Chicken - what a joke!

Guillermo
02-09-2011, 12:34 PM
got a 10-piece meal at Mary Brown's on Blackfoot. WHAT A RIPOFF!!! I've never seen less meat on chicken bones in my entire life. their "breasts" literally have about 2 bites of meat on them. and, apparently, they consider wings "pieces." has anyone else found this at Mary Brown's on Blackfoot?

eglove
02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
the big mary burger is good, everything else is terrible.

bourge73
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
^^ agreed. I ve been to the one in Country Hills, just expensive garbage. Your better off going to, dare I say KFC. Calgary really is lacking a good fried chicken place. Unless there are some suggestions...... :dunno: Lately Ive actually been liking good Ol Swiss Chalet for Chicken. (Although not fried... and their wings are damn tasty too)

Guillermo
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by eglove
the big mary burger is good, everything else is terrible.

yea, saw that and wanted to try it! gonna get that if/when i go back. :thumbsup:

buh_buh
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Chicken On The Way.
Swiss Chalet chicken is garbage. KFC is ok.

G-ZUS
02-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Have you guys tried Chicken cottage?

dirtsniffer
02-09-2011, 12:58 PM
chicken on the way is the only place to go for fried chicken!

mmmmmm corn fritters

joseph
02-09-2011, 01:02 PM
corn fritters:drool: ....damn now am hungry

Toma
02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Cristy's roast chicken is a good healthy choice.

KFC always worried me, I mean how in the fuck do they fatten their chickens up THAT much? It's insane how much fat one of their pieces has.

But DAYUM it tastes wicked. I could polish a 20 piece all by myself lol

jazzyb
02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Cristy's roast chicken is a good healthy choice.

KFC always worried me, I mean how in the fuck do they fatten their chickens up THAT much? It's insane how much fat one of their pieces has.

they inject mind control protiens into their chickens.

KFC- Kentucky federal control.

BigMass
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
IT'S BONE SUCKIN' GOOD!
E4z7G57e41A

Tik-Tok
02-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Agreed. KFC chicken is seriously disgusting... but I can't help but eat it once in awhile,

fatty skin+11 herbs and spices = :drool:

jazzyb
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Agreed. KFC chicken is seriously disgusting... but I can't help but eat it once in awhile,

fatty skin+11 herbs and spices = :drool:

and MCP.

raceman6135
02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I was on eastbound 17th Avenue SE last week and thought I saw a Chicken on the Way being set up in the little strip mall just west of Safeway -- approximately 31st Street and 17th Avenue SE.

I didn't get a good look, nor did I get a chance to circle back, and I don't live in that part of town.

Has anyone else noticed the sign? Or has info about them possibly opening a second location?

When I check Google Maps, it shows there's a 7 Star Grocery and a 'going out of business' furniture outlet store there.

Oh, and my experience with Mary Brown (Country Hills) was the same as the OP's -- not very good. I still prefer Chicken on the Way.

dannie
02-09-2011, 02:43 PM
^ I live in Inglewood, I will take a cruise passed when I head home tonite.

legendboy
02-09-2011, 03:05 PM
wish i lived closer to chicken on the way

Goodfella
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
You guys need to try 'Fritou chicken' in the ne(saddleridge circle)
5x better than chick on the way,kfc, mary browns :barf:

dirtsniffer
02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
how can it be 5x better than both cotw and kfc?
cause cotw is 5x better than kfc?:barf:

Goodfella
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Fc=5(cotw+kfc+mb)

Fritou chicken is just that good IMO.

Weapon_R
02-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by raceman6135
I was on eastbound 17th Avenue SE last week and thought I saw a Chicken on the Way being set up in the little strip mall just west of Safeway -- approximately 31st Street and 17th Avenue SE.

I didn't get a good look, nor did I get a chance to circle back, and I don't live in that part of town.

Has anyone else noticed the sign? Or has info about them possibly opening a second location?

When I check Google Maps, it shows there's a 7 Star Grocery and a 'going out of business' furniture outlet store there.

I drive by that street daily and the 7-star grocery has moved to another part of that strip mall and chicken on the way is definitely setting up shop where the grocery store used to be.

turbotrip
02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Fritou chicken is truly amazing, if it just wasn't all the way in saddleridge

spikerS
02-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
chicken on the way is the only place to go for fried chicken!

mmmmmm corn fritters

Originally posted by joseph
corn fritters:drool: ....damn now am hungry

Their corn fritters are garbage now. I remember when I was younger, my dad's office was in Kensington, and he would take me to CotW, and i would stuff myself stupid with fritters.

I went back a couple times about 4 months ago, got chicken and some fritters. Their fritters suck balls now. All they are are burnt deep fried balls of batter. there is no corn or anything else in them, and they are deep fried too long now, causing a disgusting, way too crunchy outside.

:barf:

Bring back the old style and I will be happy. The chicken was still ok tho, but has slipped alot from my childhood.

dannie
02-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I drive by that street daily and the 7-star grocery has moved to another part of that strip mall and chicken on the way is definitely setting up shop where the grocery store used to be.

Yup, chicken on the way is coming to the ghetto

hondatoy
02-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Chicken on the way should be called Junior chicken on the way its garbage the chicken they give u its so small and not much meat bones only and the fries are burnt and there like small burnt chunks left overs in the oil, not the same as old days.

KFC 1 piece of there chicken is = to 5 Big Macs as Mcdonalds in fats and trans fats

Guillermo
02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by hondatoy
Chicken on the way should be called Junior chicken on the way is garbage the chicken they give, so small bones only and the fries are burnt and there not normal anymore there like crust chips left overs, not the same as old days.
KFC 1 piece of chicken is = to 5 Big Macs as Mcdonalds

what? :english:

JordanEG6
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hondatoy
Chicken on the way should be called Junior chicken on the way its garbage the chicken they give u its so small and not much meat bones only and the fries are burnt and there like small burnt chunks left overs in the oil, not the same as old days.

KFC 1 piece of there chicken is = to 5 Big Macs as Mcdonalds in fats and trans fats

:rofl: :rofl: Sorry, what?

SportEL
02-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Ever since I tried Mary Brown's, I haven't even touched KFC chicken. I used to like to go to KFC often for their toonie day Tuesday special. Last time I went to KFC last, I just got popcorn chicken and a Big Crunch.

I think Mary Brown's chicken tastes way better. I like the skin and crunch a lot better, plus the taters they have are really good too. I've only tried the one in Country Hills.

JMaj7
02-10-2011, 01:42 AM
Fritou Chicken is fuckin amazing...that red salsa/sauce just wrks too well..nly fried chiccken ill eat....alot

theres one on 17th and 37th st sw bw the money mart and some Irish Pub.

good fod in that intersection... there's a european breakfast.bread bakery type place called heritage bakery thats got great soup
theres that lebanese place called little Lebanon that has good meat pies

theres that korean place up the street...good bulgogi

Cooked Rice
02-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Safeway fried chicken in the deli dept FTW.

20incheyes
02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I went once or twice to Mary Browns and just found it so bland.
I had fritou at the canyon meadows location and it also didn't impress me. It wasn't bad but have no intention of heading back anytime soon.

adidas
02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Just had some Fritou chicken.

Price and value definitely go hand in hand.

I got the Lunch Chicken which contains 3 pieces of meat, bag of fries, coleslaw, gravy and some spicy sauce. However i found the chicken to be lacking any real meat. Bag of fries was more than enough for 1 person. But overall cant say it was too bad. Its definitely not making me go back right away but its a decent place to visit every couple of months.

They also sell pizza, and fish and chips.

Nice people but the interior leaves something to be desired.