PDA

View Full Version : Who's purchased a new Audi in calgary?

SilverRex
02-09-2011, 01:56 PM
If you've purchased one in the last year or two, could you comment if Audi dealership offer any type of deals if any at all?

So I dont have to waste my time walking in looking like a fool :)

I would put the Q5 on the top of the list

bart
02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
With the new S4 got all free maintenance, oil changes, etc... though not sure if that's offered anyway or not. Paid regular price.

Glenmore Audi

Xtrema
02-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Got mine @ Royal Oak just because I lived only 10mins away from it.

When i got my S4, there was no deal except Audi Care thrown in. But I heard from a friend that they are now willing to discount $3K to $4K off MSRP (he ended up replacing 335i sedan with another 335i sedan because of better lease rate) on ones that're ordered but without buyers.

IMO, Audi usually keep stock pretty low. Unless it's already landed, you probably won't get a deal then the ones advertised by Audi Canada.

SilverRex
02-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

When i got my S4, there was no deal except Audi Care thrown in. But I heard from a friend that they are now willing to discount $3K to $4K off MSRP (he ended up replacing 335i sedan with another 335i sedan because of better lease rate) on ones that're ordered but without buyers.

IMO, Audi usually keep stock pretty low. Unless it's already landed, you probably won't get a deal then the ones advertised by Audi Canada.

ya the last time I check late last year, most of their Q5 were mostly loaded, puts me out of my budget.

Xtrema
02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
ya the last time I check late last year, most of their Q5 were mostly loaded, puts me out of my budget.

I won't be surprised since margin is higher on loaded ones that they can afford to be on the lot for a bit longer.

redblack
02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
I purchased my 2010 Q5 3.2 last april from glenmore audi. I had to wait 4 months for it to come in but was able to get the color combo and packages i wanted.
Since it was a "hot" seller at the time and had very low inventory in canada i was only able to get 4years audi care, winter mats and cargo tray thrown in.

With the new 2.0T availible now, the Q5 is a bit cheaper than they were last year unless you want the V6.

SilverRex
02-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by redblack
I purchased my 2010 Q5 3.2 last april from glenmore audi. I had to wait 4 months for it to come in but was able to get the color combo and packages i wanted.
Since it was a "hot" seller at the time and had very low inventory in canada i was only able to get 4years audi care, winter mats and cargo tray thrown in.

With the new 2.0T availible now, the Q5 is a bit cheaper than they were last year unless you want the V6.

despite you had the v6 engine, what do you think so far with the Q5?

2002civic
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Q5 are hard to come by as it is so I doubt they would move much on the price. Also tough when both dealers are owned by the same people. But it never hurts to try?

Euro_Trash
02-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

How did you like dealing with the Royal Oak location? I'm thinking of checking out a couple vehicles there

Xtrema
02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

How did you like dealing with the Royal Oak location? I'm thinking of checking out a couple vehicles there

SA is fine. But as usual, I go in more knowledgeable about the car than he is. Just won't budge on price which is understandable @ the time and consistent with all the S4 owners in Calgary that bought it before me.

Service is fine, nothing luxury about it other than the waiting area but I only went in once for the 1st oil change so far. Your typical shuttle service for the day and loaner if overnight.

The service area is one of the cleanest I have seen. Don't know if because it's quite new or just an appearance requirement enforced by Audi.

I'm pretty sure there are bad stories from either dealership. But you ain't going anywhere else during the warranty period. That's why they are willing to give away Audi Care with every car. And Audi Care is a good deal if you can do 50,000km within 4year when the DSG service comes up.

MK1GTI
02-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Use carcostcanada.com to find out the dealer cost of the vehicle you're interested in and make your offer based on that. Also it will tell you who to call at the dealership that is willing to work with you, when I bought my A3 I ended up speaking to the guy who owns Royal Oak and Glenmore Audi and he made me a great deal (far better than the sales manager had offered).

Palmiros
02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
^ OP. Should you need a Carcost report, feel free to give me a shout with the vehicle specifics, year, model, trim level, options etc; i've purchased one for a recent vehicle purchase and still have a few left over.

heavyD
02-10-2011, 10:42 AM
This isn't in regards to buying a new Audi but my brother says Royal Oak Audi is the best dealership he's ever used. He bought his A3 Quattro S-Line from the US and unlike BMW dealerships they still tread him first class. He accidentally put a long rip in the driver seat leather (his fauls as he had a screwdriver in his back pocket) and they replaced the entire seat under warranty no questions asked.

Sugarphreak
02-10-2011, 10:56 PM

benyl
02-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I just test drove a Q5 2.0T tonight. Not bad. Power is a little peaky. If I bought it, the pedal would be on the floor a lot.

It has an 8-speed Auto. Blips downshifts. Probably really good on gas.

I really liked the ride. Firm, yet supple. haha

Not overly impressed with the interior though.

Xtrema
02-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by MK1GTI
Use carcostcanada.com to find out the dealer cost of the vehicle you're interested in and make your offer based on that. Also it will tell you who to call at the dealership that is willing to work with you, when I bought my A3 I ended up speaking to the guy who owns Royal Oak and Glenmore Audi and he made me a great deal (far better than the sales manager had offered).

Again, it really based on stock. I basically went thru the same route the the report in hand. The car is too new and too hot. And seeing so many S4 on the road, it wasn't hard for them to off load.

Originally posted by benyl
I just test drove a Q5 2.0T tonight. Not bad. Power is a little peaky. If I bought it, the pedal would be on the floor a lot..

I tested the A4 2.0T. It's lighter than the Q5 so the 0-60 is faster. Compare to the 3.2, it lacks top end but make it up with torque on low end. It's a good daily driver if a bit boring. And Q5 is basically a jacked up A4.

msommers
02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
My step-brother and his wife were looking for a new SUV. She absolutely loves Audi so they had to check out the Q5. Apparently there is/was a waiting list to get one and wouldn't move on the price, hell why would they. This was at Christmas time. Apparently the sales guy was pretty apathetic about helping them out anyways.

They ended up getting a Cadillac. With the lemon trade-in thing, they got 4500 for this piece of shit saturn they had been using forever. None of us could believe it! Plus a cash back bonus, some haggling with options and stuff, they got a hell of a deal.

Redlyne_mr2
02-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by msommers
My step-brother and his wife were looking for a new SUV. She absolutely loves Audi so they had to check out the Q5. Apparently there is/was a waiting list to get one and wouldn't move on the price, hell why would they. This was at Christmas time. Apparently the sales guy was pretty apathetic about helping them out anyways.

They ended up getting a Cadillac. With the lemon trade-in thing, they got 4500 for this piece of shit saturn they had been using forever. None of us could believe it! Plus a cash back bonus, some haggling with options and stuff, they got a hell of a deal.

So they love Audi but they bought a Cadillac? Not to sound rude but it sounds as if they wasted their money by not getting what they wanted rather than saved anything.

msommers
02-11-2011, 02:05 AM
It was her that loves Audis. They were on a moderately strict budget. They couldn't wait for a vehicle to show up X months later.

The Cadillac wasn't perfect but none of the vehicles they tried were. They're happy with it so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

SilverRex
02-11-2011, 07:32 AM
i wonder if there are deals offering when March rolls around with the auto show in calgary this year.

benyl
02-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't know if there is a wait. We weren't there to buy one. I just test drove it because my sister in law is interested.

There wasn't one in the show room and I think they only had two demos. One 2.0T and one 3.2 or whatever. I didn't see any others on the lot, so I suspect there is a wait.

heavyD
02-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I just test drove a Q5 2.0T tonight. Not bad. Power is a little peaky. If I bought it, the pedal would be on the floor a lot.

It has an 8-speed Auto. Blips downshifts. Probably really good on gas.

I really liked the ride. Firm, yet supple. haha

Not overly impressed with the interior though.

I like the exterior styling but man that's a lot of money for 211 HP.

sputnik
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Have you considered a Mercedes GLK?

I think you get more for you money over the Q5.

Xtrema
02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
i wonder if there are deals offering when March rolls around with the auto show in calgary this year.

Not likely.

Have you checked out FX37? Styling is bit odd but a friend of mine crossed shop with Q5 but ended up with the FX.

I remembered that FX is more rear biased that the Audi. Audi is basically FWD that send 60% to the back and FX is RWD that send torque to the front as needed.

kenny
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't know if there is a wait. We weren't there to buy one. I just test drove it because my sister in law is interested.

There wasn't one in the show room and I think they only had two demos. One 2.0T and one 3.2 or whatever. I didn't see any others on the lot, so I suspect there is a wait.

4-5 month wait for Q5 at Glenmore

Mibz
02-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Have you considered a Mercedes GLK?

I think you get more for you money over the Q5. Yeah, but godamn it's ugly.

We're looking at a 2.0 Q5 as well but it's hard to find value in it.

redblack
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM

despite you had the v6 engine, what do you think so far with the Q5?

So far so good, the wife really loves it. Fit and finish is excellent and the power is great in the V6. Some things i like about it is the B&O sound system, pano roof and audi drive select. It really does change the way the suv drives and feel with a push of a button.

SilverRex
02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by kenny

4-5 month wait for Q5 at Glenmore

I Dont mind waiting if its worth it,

Looking forward to the MArch autoshow, will look at all the SUV there

Redlyne_mr2
02-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Just get a new X3 and call it a day :)
HvqQuC_8VrM&feature

pinoyhero
03-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Isn`t the answer just to buy from the US, with our dollar where it is buying anything in Canada seems crazy. If you can`t import new (I`m not sure of the rules, get one slightly used).