PDA

View Full Version : civic special edition???

ME_VS_YOU
09-08-2002, 06:03 PM
i wasdriving home and i seen an older civic hatchback with special edition on theback of it...is this just an after market sticker or whats the difference??

Audi Kid
09-08-2002, 06:06 PM
ITS FASTER!!! EXTRA 5 PONIES!! WEW

eur0
09-08-2002, 06:09 PM
they have em on quite a few civics...supposed to make you feel special :clap:

ME_VS_YOU
09-08-2002, 06:21 PM
lol.....aight so no big deal.....cool guys thanks for the help

D'z Nutz
09-08-2002, 08:00 PM
I always thought that Honda's "special edition" was a pretty way of saying "bare minimum". If I'm not mistaken, didn't the special edition civics have a lot less options in it than the regular line up (ie: no power locks, no power windows, etc...)?

Superesc
09-08-2002, 08:22 PM
That's what I drive, a red 91 civic SE hehehe, yea its pretty bare, no power nuthin, got a tape deck, auto.... its pretty good once it gets going!!!

MaYzE
09-08-2002, 10:50 PM
My car is a 00 SE too. Not much to it. Its a DX with Air. Thats pretty much it. Thats why I dont race. No Vtec or anything. <even though I think Vtec is overrated>

HRD2PLZ
09-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
That's what I drive, a red 91 civic SE hehehe, yea its pretty bare, no power nuthin, got a tape deck, auto.... its pretty good once it gets going!!!

Yeah, but whats your other car? ;) cuz I'm pretty sure you can't be in the Luxurious Leather seat club with a 91 Civic SE :rofl:

GTS Jeff
09-08-2002, 11:09 PM
sigh...ok heres the dillleee

honda uses the "special edition" moniker *usually* right before the car is due for a change...they do this as a way to keep sales up, because then they can go on tv and say "yo, we gotz a honda accord SpEcIaL EdItIoN for yall niggaz". in realitiy, the SE is just a base model with maybe a few extras (depending on which car)...still less than what the top model would have.

Superesc
09-08-2002, 11:16 PM
I don't even got A/C on that SE!!!! :dunno:

GTS Jeff
09-09-2002, 12:15 AM
im sure your SE has nicer cloth or something..

Blue Devil
09-09-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by MaYzE
My car is a 00 SE too. Not much to it. Its a DX with Air. Thats pretty much it. Thats why I dont race. No Vtec or anything. <even though I think Vtec is overrated>

:dunno: Why do you think Vtec is overrated?

Ferio_vti
09-09-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

honda uses the "special edition" moniker *usually* right before the car is due for a change...they do this as a way to keep sales up, because then they can go on tv and say "yo, we gotz a honda accord SpEcIaL EdItIoN for yall niggaz". in realitiy, the SE is just a base model with maybe a few extras (depending on which car)...still less than what the top model would have.

Yup. They did that for the last couple of years before Tegs went out too.

HRD2PLZ
09-09-2002, 03:32 PM
Same with the Accords. Brought the SE out in 2000. It added Alloys, sunroof, fake wood trim and keyless entry to the LX.

Speed_RaSiR
09-09-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

"yo, we gotz a honda accord SpEcIaL EdItIoN for yall niggaz". i

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sexualbanana
09-09-2002, 11:19 PM
i saw a civic yesterday with a decal that said "civic ferio" anyone care to elaborate on that?

ninspeed
09-09-2002, 11:21 PM
was it a silver coupe?? if so the guy is like 40, has 3 kids and lived at the end of my block, we always wonders why i laugh when he drives by

Ferio_vti
09-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
i saw a civic yesterday with a decal that said "civic ferio" anyone care to elaborate on that?

Yes I can!! :D Ferio is the name they call the sedans in Japan, thats all, nothing special. I'm assuming you saw it on a sedan.

I've seen an EL with a Ferio badge on the front of his car. Even though ELs are called Domani in Japan

HRD2PLZ
09-10-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

I've seen an EL with a Ferio badge on the front of his car. Even though ELs are called Domani in Japan

They sell EL's in Japan? I thought they were made and sold in Canada only :dunno: But then again, you've proved me wrong before...:)

Ferio_vti
09-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

They sell EL's in Japan? I thought they were made and sold in Canada only :dunno: But then again, you've proved me wrong before...:)

Proved you wrong before?? Oh, you mean the RSX/Integra thing.

Yah, stupid Acura Canada wanted to make us feel special or something gay.

If you go to:
http://www.honda.co.jp/pressroom/library/auto/index.html

Use:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
To translate into english.

Kinda cool seeing how Honda 'evolved'

HRD2PLZ
09-10-2002, 10:43 AM
I'll have to check that out at home, stupid work computers restricted the site, I can't go to the translation page :madred:

Slightly confused though. Because the EL is really just a fancy 4-door Civic sold under the Acura name. But, in Japan- they only use the Honda name. So- wouldn't what we know here as an EL, be a fancier Civic their too? :dunno:

Ferio_vti
09-10-2002, 11:58 AM
I would assume the Japanese EL would be a luxury Civic there too. (Kinda crazy if you look at all the different cars that passed through in Japan. The 6 gen Civic body type was used for like 4 or 5 other cars, including a 4 door Integra)

Same idea as TL is to Accord and MDX is to a Passport/Pilot.

The whole Acura thing is just a better way to draw in sales in North America. If you can avoid associating a luxury car with an average car, they will. Make buyers will all high and mighty with their differently badged car.

HRD2PLZ
09-10-2002, 12:08 PM
True. But there are differences. I helped a family friend pick out their TL, and its similar to my Accord in a way but different at the same time. The leather is nicer, the interior is nicer, it has more standard features and options. And, if you compare the Accord V6 to the TL, there is only really a $5K price difference.

The MDX and Pilot share the same platform and are basically the same. But once again, the MDX has more standard features, a much nicer interior (IMO), and a nicer body style (IMO). But I think the price gap is more between these too.

I guess it depends on what you prefer. My dad doesn't care about what brand of vehicle he drives. As long as he likes it and feels comfortable driving it. Before they bought the MDX he looked at everything from the Liberty to the X5.

I didn't know the Civic platform was used that widely in Japan. But, then again- you of all people know that I don't know jack about the cars sold in Japan ;) :rofl:

But yes you are correct. I know lots of people that would spend the extra $$ to drive something with more prestige. In the differences between the Accord and TL, I think it is worth the price difference.

Same with the EL and the Civic. Honestly, I paid $24K including taxes for my EL (bought it new in 2000). It was the Sport model with a 5 speed. The only reason I bought the El over the Civic was because I liked the front of the EL more, it came with a power sunroof and alloy wheels (it was a big deal to me) and had nicer seats than a Civic. The badge might have had a little bit to do with it, but not much.

Sorry for the book...:dunno:

HRD2PLZ
09-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah- but if you compared an 03 Accord EX V6 to an 03 3.2TL, the Accord would be the better way to go! :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
09-10-2002, 03:29 PM
those ppl with the ferio badge just wana be JDM :nut:

anyway, if we are talking about honda platforms...

civic, rsx, el, cr-v, element...
accord, tl, cl, tsx..
mdx, pilot, odyssey..

honda really only sells 3 cars :love: