PDA

View Full Version : 1st Date Suggestions

D-Man
02-10-2011, 10:32 AM
So, I am fairly new to Calgary and I'm not exactly sure what the city has to offer... Due to time constraints, I haven't had the opportunity to explore the city myself.

I'm looking for suggestions on places to go or things to do on a first date, either during the day or in the evening.

Both of us are new to Calgary so the typical touristy things would be okay.

Suggested restaurants would be a good start.

Looking for things to do either before or after.

I've come up with a few things off the top of my head. Something simple as a walk downtown on 8th or 17th ave, go to a market, check out an art gallery or museum, take in a theatre performance or concert, a sporting event, etc...

Looking for suggestions for those that live here and know the city well...

KO22
02-10-2011, 10:36 AM
get some good tickets to a flames game.. try to get on the smooch cam great ice breaker hahahaha believe me - then head to melrose / 1410 on 17th for drinks or something like that

dandia89
02-10-2011, 01:41 PM
take her ice skating

93VR6
02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
take her ice skating

as long as it's not minus a lot this is a definite winner, downtown at olympic square is great.

D-Man
02-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Where do you go ice skating?

What is at olympic square downtown?

Any restaurant suggestions? Japanese, Korean BBQ, Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian. Lebanese (Schwarma's)?

swak
02-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Olympic Plaza is where the Olympic medals were awarded in '88, and now typically always has something going on.

Theres a big pond in the middle, and in the winter its an ice rink, they even have a Zamboni for it.
Great place to check out, and then get a steak at the SaltLik like a true Albertan! (on 8th ave)