PDA

View Full Version : Cherry juice anyone?

HHURICANE1
02-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know where I can pick up some cherry juice? It is supposed to be good for gout attacks and I want to try it. I've tried Safeway but no luck. Anyone else seen it?

ExtraSlow
02-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Try places like community natural foods.
They also sell pure unsweetened cranberry juice, for the ultimate pucker factor.

shadowz
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I use it all the time for my Gout, works much better and faster than pills, I get it from the juice isle in Sobeys, the pharmacy area in co-op as well in glenmore landing theres a store that sells cherry extract pills, beware youll need to drink the whole bottle of juice to get the pain to subside and itll make you bloated and gassy

Kritafo
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I buy the RW Knudsen cherry juice at Superstore it's like $2 or $3 dollars less then Plant Organic.

Costco also sells big bags of dried cherry I buy them for my husband who also suffer from the occasional gout.

But once you get through the flare up, just keep hydrated and have a handful of dried cherries or a small cherry juice everyday and your good to go.

HHURICANE1
02-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll give those folks a try. I'm in the middle of a big attack and the pills are doing fuck all. So I'm willing to try anything right now.

HHURICANE1
02-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Kritafo, which Superstore has this? I went to the NE one and scoured the juice isle and they didn't have any.

wintonyk
02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
what about wild blueberry juice? or raspberries? Do those yeild the same benefit as cherry juice?

I know is the antioxidant found in cherries anthocyanin or something that helps with the uric acid.

To OP i have bought Cherry Juice at Community Natural Foods and Planet Organic

HHURICANE1
02-12-2011, 09:26 PM
There's no mention of those in anything I've read. Just the cherry juice. I guess I may have to take a trek to Community if I can't find some a little closer to home.

Kritafo
02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
Kritafo, which Superstore has this? I went to the NE one and scoured the juice isle and they didn't have any.

I buy it at Country Hills, they have it in the organic aisle .. I have to run there tomorrow I will let you know exactly