PDA

View Full Version : Well shit...need a new laptop, I think.

C_Dave45
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I've got a laptop that is about 3 yrs old. 320gb HD, 3 gb ram, dvd burner, card reader, wifi, blah blah blah.

Everything still runs fine, other than the past few months the fan runs at full tilt, and super hot. Like burn your thighs hot when running games etc.

So I decided to take it all apart and just give it a good ol' cleaning. Simple right? WRONG. Holy fuck. I like a desktop much better. I got about 2 hours into it, with screws, parts, and ribbon cables all over the place, and I still have yet to get into the motherboard area. The inside is just FILLED with dust and pet hair (gross :barf: ) but I'm afraid I just wont be able to put it all back together again.

Does anyone know what kind of time or money a shop would charge to do this? I originally thought I'd take it all apart, clean everything out, reformat the HD, and re-install the OS...basically giving me a brand new machine. Now I'm not so sure.

Thoughts?

zakizdaman
02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I can do it for you for a tim hortons coffee. Cleaning the laptop out and putting it back together will work wonders!