PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit to how many jobs you can have?

ekguy
02-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Working three jobs right now that still have my nights off. Kinda looking for fourth for some nights during the week.

Tax wise is there a limit of jobs a person can have?

What is done differently? If anything?

dj_rice
02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
You can have 10 jobs, tax man still works the same

swak
02-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Working three jobs right now that still have my nights off. Kinda looking for fourth for some nights during the week.

hahaha... You're a crazy man.

I JUST picked up a third job, and am looking to ditch one at the moment, but just keeping it for company related benefits, cheap stuff! haha..

.. and im in school FT.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I thought I was a madman doing FT School and two jobs.

97luder
02-13-2011, 10:28 PM
yeah i dont think there is a limit to how many jobs you can have

only thing i would watch out of is taxes cause lets say you work 3 jobs a day for 2 hours each each company will take out very little taxes for your bracket your in but with the 3 together you could be in a higher tax bracket and end up owing at the end of the year

Type_S1
02-13-2011, 10:34 PM
24 hours in a day so however many you can fit in! :D

ekguy
02-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Well basically my gf left me and instead of feeling sorry for myself and being all sad I figured I'd work my ass off and get myself setup hehe.

There's stuff I want to do and stuff I want that I am now willing to work my ass off to achieve hehe.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Well basically my gf left me and instead of feeling sorry for myself and being all sad I figured I'd work my ass off and get myself setup hehe.

There's stuff I want to do and stuff I want that I am now willing to work my ass off to achieve hehe.

Good choice man, better to forget about your gf leaving you and work your ass off then to get down in the dumps.

eblend
02-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by 97luder

only thing i would watch out of is taxes cause lets say you work 3 jobs a day for 2 hours each each company will take out very little taxes for your bracket your in but with the 3 together you could be in a higher tax bracket and end up owing at the end of the year

This, working 3 jobs making 20k each only taxes you at a low tax braket, combined you are at 60k, much higher tax braket = owe the government at the end of the year.

ekguy
02-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Well once is only every few weeks but is worth my while. One is mon fri and the other sat sun.

One is paid cash.

One barely ever pays me but still worth it

And full time job isn't amazingly lucrative hence why I have two other jobs. Kinda want to fill my night hours.

ekguy
02-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Good choice man, better to forget about your gf leaving you and work your ass off then to get down in the dumps.

yeah just wanna travel a bit hehe.

wintonyk
02-14-2011, 12:41 AM
I worked 4 jobs last year for about 6 months. It was great to do all that but I felt like I never had any personal time.

When tax time came I got hit pretty hard though.

Whiley
02-14-2011, 01:26 AM
if you want to save being hit with additional taxes, remember that your employers each only deduct the % based on how much (or little) you make with them alone
combined the deductions should be higher, so you'll owe the difference come tax time
to avoid the sting, add to you original new employee tax form (T?) on the back of page, which instructs your employer to take an additional amount for deductions
for example, if you stipulate that $20 per paycheck be added to you deductions, then by tax time you will fill that gap
dig! :)

Dumbass17
02-14-2011, 05:46 AM
4 jobs? wtf man

AndyL
02-14-2011, 06:19 AM
6 they'll call you to verify your SIN# hasn't been compromised :) Guess how I know :lol:

Otherwise - taxes are a bitch with that many T slips, but nothing changes...

Cash is cash - do what ya gotta do - payroll is quantity over quality when your young... I lived on staff discounts when I was young...

eblend
02-14-2011, 07:45 AM
As someone mentioned, go travel a bit, will forget about your ex real fast. I travelled Europe when that happened to me, and got over the ex pretty fast, as you get to populate your brain with so much new stuff, and meat great people along the way. This is assuming you are working to kill time and actually have some cash saved up

ekguy
02-14-2011, 09:22 AM
For the most part I'm just working to get caught up with bills, and pay off both my cars so I can have more room to play with my money.

One of my jobs is done in March :( Since they aren't renewing the lease so my three will become two unless I can find a fourth so that it will remain three hehe.

swak
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AndyL they'll call you to verify your SIN# hasn't been compromised :) Guess how I know :lol:

Otherwise - taxes are a bitch with that many T slips, but nothing changes...

Cash is cash - do what ya gotta do - payroll is quantity over quality when your young... I lived on staff discounts when I was young...

haha... Story of my life.
:thumbsup:

civic_ek4
02-15-2011, 03:19 AM
make sure you put money aside because if each job they are deducting your tax at the lowest bracket, at the end when all of them add up you will go over. your tuition tax credit might help to decrease but you won't see the big tax return. something to keep in mind.

EK 2.0
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Thread title reminded me of this...

Jpu5_3qk4KM

CUG
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by eblend
As someone mentioned, go travel a bit, will forget about your ex real fast. I travelled Europe when that happened to me, and got over the ex pretty fast, as you get to populate your brain with so much new stuff, and meat great people along the way. This is assuming you are working to kill time and actually have some cash saved up :dunno:

Manhattan
02-15-2011, 05:53 PM
You should watch this movie

Sf2drFZbHH4