PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Classic Restrictions?

Kavy
02-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if they will be limiting the use of DSLR's in the stadium for the heritage classic?

Any input would be appreciated.

sputnik
02-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Probably the same as whatever the rules are for McMahon for any other professional sporting event.

The NHL still owns the rights to the images of their players and franchises so I expect them to have restrictions similar to that of those bringing cameras to a CFL game.

kenny
02-14-2011, 02:43 PM
This is the rule for Stampeders games, not sure if the rule will be different for the Heritage Classic, its pretty relaxed:

Cameras

Video cameras and still cameras are allowed at McMahon Stadium during Stampeders home games. You may bring in your cameras and take video and pictures as long as they are intended for personal use and not for future sale or public use. The use of video cameras and still cameras must not interfere with other fans’ enjoyment of the game.

Kavy
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
^^^

Those rules are what I'm hoping translate to the heritage classic rules.

88CRX
02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Taken from the heritage classic website:

McMahon Stadium Prohibited Items
UMBRELLAS, BANNERS, NOISEMAKERS, COOLERS, THERMOSES, CANS, BOTTLES, FLASKS, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, LASER POINTERS, STROLLERS, APPAREL OR SIGNAGE DISPLAYING PROFANE OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE, VIDEO/MOVIE CAMERAS, PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS/LENSES (LENSES LONGER THAN 6 IN.), TRIPODS, AUDIO RECORDING EQUIPMENT, WEAPONS, FIREARMS, OR FIREWORKS, AND ANY OTHER ITEM DEEMED DANGEROUS AND/OR INAPPROPRIATE ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO FACILITY AND MAY BE CONFISCATED.

88CRX
02-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Also just noticed they don't allow thermoses...... that's kinda lame.

Kavy
02-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Taken from the heritage classic website:

McMahon Stadium Prohibited Items
UMBRELLAS, BANNERS, NOISEMAKERS, COOLERS, THERMOSES, CANS, BOTTLES, FLASKS, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, LASER POINTERS, STROLLERS, APPAREL OR SIGNAGE DISPLAYING PROFANE OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE, VIDEO/MOVIE CAMERAS, PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS/LENSES (LENSES LONGER THAN 6 IN.), TRIPODS, AUDIO RECORDING EQUIPMENT, WEAPONS, FIREARMS, OR FIREWORKS, AND ANY OTHER ITEM DEEMED DANGEROUS AND/OR INAPPROPRIATE ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO FACILITY AND MAY BE CONFISCATED.

Weak.

Thanks for the heads up however.

Mitsu3000gt
02-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Most events restrict lenses 6" and over, as they are considered "professional". Lots of people get away with 18-200's and similar but thats not a very good hockey lens.

Go4Long
02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I've seen some people get by with a 70-200. But I would say that's the exception as opposed to the norm...

bituerbo
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Anyone else gonna park at McMahon and tailgate?

88CRX
02-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Anyone else gonna park at McMahon and tailgate?

Thinking about it.... what does McMahon allow typically?

bituerbo
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Thinking about it.... what does McMahon allow typically?

What McMahon doesn't know about, McMahon can't control. There will be no booze/containers allowed into the stadium, but we won't be entering until we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

Kloubek
02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
So... just to clarify:

If I bring my SLR, that would be ok... as long as the lens isn't longer than 6"? Because the way it is worded, both "professional" cameras AND 6"+ lenses are not allowed. I would think my 7D would fall more under the professional level as opposed to a point and shoot....

Mitsu3000gt
02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
So... just to clarify:

If I bring my SLR, that would be ok... as long as the lens isn't longer than 6"? Because the way it is worded, both "professional" cameras AND 6"+ lenses are not allowed. I would think my 7D would fall more under the professional level as opposed to a point and shoot....

Honestly it's going to depend on luck more than anything, who sees you, how picky they are, etc. You are *probably* OK with your 7D and a lens less than 6", I doubt they would kick you out for that. It's the lenses that stand out more than anything if they are huge.

Xtrema
02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
^ Luck

May be McMahon staff won't be as picky as Saddledome staff but it's hard for other people to determine what is or isn't pro.

Their guideline is probably what fits into a pocket and what doesn't instead of measuring lens length and checking the DSLR model.

I was told by my bro-in-law that don't take DSLR into Flames game, he got memory card confiscated once.