PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Alberta Golf Courses

A_3
01-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Everyone list a few of your favorite Alberta courses, I played 2-3 alot last season, want to see what else is good out there?

roopi
01-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Paradise Canyon in Lethbrigde is definatly worth checking out! :thumbsup:

DUBBED
01-10-2004, 06:53 PM
My favorite course is by far Glencore Forest, only played it once. Redwood Meadows was amazing last year since they finally got that irrigation system going. I have a sentimental attachment to Hertiage Pointe (Desert/Heritage). Either of the Kananaskis courses are A++ as well.

If anyone ever wants to play Pinebrook let me know I should be working there this summer again.

itsalebaron
01-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Wheres Pinebrooke? I might take you up on that offer.

If your looking for something decent for CHEAP check out Watervalley:thumbsup:

A_3
01-10-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm a huge fan of Glen Eagles but i'm pretty bias on that one, used to belong to the Glencoe, the forest was amazing but in the last couple years they were letting is slip, poa was everywhere quality wasn't the same, amazing lay out though and great design, pinebrooks a fun course not to hard, well kept. Pinebrook is over in springbank, just past the city limits on lower springbank road.

DUBBED
01-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah the Pine is one of the most well maintainted courses in the city, in my opinion. It's about five minutes from Westhills.

DJ Lazy
01-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Priddis Greens :D It helps that I work and live here too...

Banff Colf and Country Club.. :bigpimp:
Redwood Meadows
Cottonwood

Seanith
01-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Priddis Greens :D It helps that I work and live here too...

Banff Colf and Country Club.. :bigpimp:
Redwood Meadows
Cottonwood

yeah priddis is nice.. i'm a member there

Merkur
01-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Lee Creek Valley in Cardston, where i worked....summer 2005 be there, 18 holes les furber design, rated as as championship course by length and slope, built into creek valley and surrounding hills.

A_3
01-11-2004, 01:27 AM
^ great designer, same guy who designed Glen Eagles, should be full of elevation, i'll be there:thumbsup:

Merkur
01-11-2004, 04:24 PM
ya theres tons of elavation, the 16th hole is amazing, along with the 17th, come down this summer, they may be playing some of it.

Ben
01-11-2004, 05:55 PM
I thoroughly Enjoyed Silver Tip.

DUBBED
01-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben

:thumbsup:

JGerke
01-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Redwood Meadows was amazing last year since they finally got that irrigation system going.
If anyone ever wants to play Pinebrook let me know I should be working there this summer again.

Ya, I am definetely a fan of Redwood Meadows, I love that course, and of course alex, Glen Eagles is beautifull!!.....did you work with Mark Shultes over the summer at pinebrook??

DUBBED
01-13-2004, 03:05 PM
If he worked on grounds no. I don't reckognize the name so I'm assuming that's where he was working. I worked in the backshop.

DJ Lazy
01-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

yeah priddis is nice.. i'm a member there

Well needless to say you aren't a bum... haha:thumbsup:

How long you been a member??
How old are you?

Seanith
01-13-2004, 05:21 PM
hey, I used to work at Priddis in the backshop for a couple years. My name is Sean. I'm not a full member, but my dad is. We've been members for about 3 years i think.. i'm 21 :D

DJ Lazy
01-13-2004, 05:45 PM
hey, I used to work at Priddis in the backshop for a couple years. My name is Sean. I'm not a full member, but my dad is. We've been members for about 3 years i think.. i'm 21 :D

Sweet.. Yea I work down in Maintenance (dirty maintenance boyz), but yea.. this will be my 6th season. :D i pretty much work so I can golf there... haha

missblondie
01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
-Silver Tip
-Wolf Creek (a little bit of a drive, but quite a challenge)
-Innisfail... it is a shithole town, but a very impressive golf course.

DJ Lazy
01-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Originally posted by acuraxx
-Silver Tip
-Wolf Creek (a little bit of a drive, but quite a challenge)
-Innisfail... it is a shithole town, but a very impressive golf course.

Hmmm gonna have to get out to Silver Tip... seems like a few of you have liked it... :thumbsup:

Seanith
01-13-2004, 06:11 PM

Sweet.. Yea I work down in Maintenance (dirty maintenance boyz), but yea.. this will be my 6th season. :D i pretty much work so I can golf there... haha

know lance and shit? a couple of my friends worked there last year but probably quit though (in maintenance). Like Mike H, kendall, mike b etc.

If you've been there for 6 years, i'd definitely recognize you if i saw you :thumbsup:

B17a
01-13-2004, 06:12 PM

Hmmm gonna have to get out to Silver Tip... seems like a few of you have liked it... :thumbsup:

Silver Tip has awesome views, as far as being a good golf course, it's ho-hum, too many crazy fairway angles, you'll be right in the middle of the fairway, where you should be and the ball will be 2' below you. But for views its unbeatable. Stewart Creek is a much better golf course with nearly the same scenery!

DJ Lazy
01-13-2004, 06:13 PM

know lance and shit? a couple of my friends worked there last year but probably quit though (in maintenance). Like Mike H, kendall, mike b etc.

If you've been there for 6 years, i'd definitely recognize you if i saw you :thumbsup:

Lance Morris? Yea I know him...

And ya..I know Mike H, Kendall, Mike B (saw him today at school)...
:thumbsup:
Shit, small world...:D

Seanith
01-13-2004, 06:19 PM
hehe so i take it you go to sait? small world indeed haha but we are all in calgary.. i guess i'll stop thread jacking :tongue:

hockeybronx
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Kananaskis is arguably the best Golf Course in Western Canada let alone Alberta. It's also the best value: $55 dollars for 18 holes.

Book yourself Tee-times a couple months ahead, play Mt. Kidd in the morning and Mt. Lorrette in the afternoon.

You will not regret it!

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Some other good courses:

Priddis Is Amazing, super soft conditions. They have 36 holes this year.

Canyon Meadows is nice.

Cottonwood is a great course depending on weather.

Heritage Point is expensive as hell but still pretty good.

Redwood Meadows is good although not the best conditions.

Bearspaw is a great course with great conditions.

Greywolf is a so nice.

A couple other of my favorites include Mountainside in Fairmont, Willow Park, and my home: Shawnee Slopes.

Man I can't wait to get back on the course.

Pacman
02-11-2004, 10:23 AM
My buddy is buddies with the GM at Silver Tip and gets us on for $55 rounds. Unfortunatly, I lose about 40 bucks in balls whenever I go there.

My record is losing 12 balls on the front 9.....and 5 of those balls were perfect drives into the fairway that just rolled into the woods, never to be seen again.

DUBBED
02-11-2004, 10:26 AM
^^^ I hate shit like that with a passion, a golf course should be built to reward shots like that, not penalize.

Pacman
02-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah, the first few times it's kinda funny but then it starts to get very annoying.

The only positive thing is, I sent a couple of shots into the trees, and they managed to roll onto the fairway with perfect lies.
\
It's a nice course to play once, or to play if you get cheap rounds, but I would never pay the $155 green fee.

bigboom
02-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Silver Tip has awesome views, as far as being a good golf course, it's ho-hum, too many crazy fairway angles, you'll be right in the middle of the fairway, where you should be and the ball will be 2' below you. But for views its unbeatable. Stewart Creek is a much better golf course with nearly the same scenery!

agreed...silver tip is way too expensive for what you get. stewart creek rules, same price range too. k-country courses are also really good. mackenzie meadows is decent too...

Merkur
03-01-2004, 10:49 AM
I am going to take a pictures of every single hole of the newly designed Lee Creek Valley course(Les furber design)

tons of elevation etc etc

PM and i'll send you them.

should be done around 5 ish

sti_power
03-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Canyon Medows is a very good couse! It is private but if you know a member the nyou can do a round there! I am not a member there but I will work there this summer and if anyone wants to play there I could prob get you in!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sti_power
03-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Canyon Medows is a very good couse! It is private but if you know a member the nyou can do a round there! I am not a member there but I will work there this summer and if anyone wants to play there I could prob get you in!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DUBBED
03-19-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm so pumped for this season, I can't wait til tournament season rolls around!! :clap: :thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
03-23-2004, 10:52 AM
The Hamptons is pretty nice to play on...

SinisterProbeGt
03-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Cottonwood
Silver Tip
Grey Wolf
Fairmont MoutainSide and riverside
kanaksi
the links

This year i should get in about 60 rounds.
any one intersted in a turni?

DUBBED
03-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

ME :thumbsup:

hondarunner
03-23-2004, 09:43 PM
kananaskis or Heritage Point

davidI
03-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I helped do the renovation at Redwood Meadows. If there grounds crew wasn't such a bunch of drunk messes that course would be amazing. I witnessed some crazy things while doing the construction there...

Marsh
03-23-2004, 11:36 PM
I like the course up in Nanton, pretty good

DUBBED
03-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by davidI
I helped do the renovation at Redwood Meadows. If there grounds crew wasn't such a bunch of drunk messes that course would be amazing. I witnessed some crazy things while doing the construction there...

HAHA the nationwide tour is heading there this year and they have a new superintendint who was allowed to hire his own staff. I know for a fact that last year the course was in the best shape it has ever been in, this year it will be even better.

BTW do you remember my red integra that was always parked out there?

SinisterProbeGt
03-24-2004, 10:34 AM

ME :thumbsup:

Lets set it up when and where.
I got to test out my new set of clubs.

RC-Cola
03-24-2004, 12:10 PM
I would be interested in a Beyond Golf Tourney... :thumbsup:

RC-Cola
03-24-2004, 12:15 PM
1) The Mount Kidd course at Kananaskis :thumbsup:
2) Jasper Park Lodge Course
3) Priddis Greens
4) The Links in Spruce Grove
5) Silver Springs

I need to get out and play Redwood Meadows again, hopefully they have got the course in better shape now.

Has anyone played at Linx Ridge or Bearspaw in the NW? I'm looking for close by club that I can get a membership at for the future. I'm buying in Royal Oak this year! Any other club suggestion in the NW?

dogmaiwli
03-24-2004, 12:51 PM
cotton wood
turnervalley
Priddis
and any of the mountain Courses

Phats
03-24-2004, 01:43 PM
I like CGCC, but thats biased cause I am a member, I also really like D'Arcy Ranch when I played there, and of course Earl Grey and Glencoe are sweet courses too

Edit: I'd totally be up for a tourney, as long as I can get a job where I get weekends off

Madspinner
03-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah Highwood golf course in High River is pretty awesome too. But I guess it helps that I work there ..

SinisterProbeGt
03-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Whos going to the golf show this weekend?

davidI
03-24-2004, 06:24 PM

BTW do you remember my red integra that was always parked out there?

Yep! Damn near smoked it with the 5 ton dump truck when some lady stopped watching the road and swerved towards me! Nice looking ride though
:)

ramminghard
03-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I golf at the Glencoe. I love that course

Wildcat
03-24-2004, 06:58 PM
i worked at heritage pointe for 5 seasons, easy work, i dont know if i should go back or move on :dunno:

but i do get free golf, so thats my vote :D

A_3
03-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Glen Eagles is my vote, i could try and set the tourney up with a good deal :thumbsup:

missblondie
03-29-2004, 12:38 AM
So everyone is talking about local clubs they have played at... what about the not so local ones...

What is the best club you have played at while on vacation, or out of town, so it gives people an idea if they ever are visiting the area you were at...

A_3
03-29-2004, 12:44 AM
ummm jeez, played alot, to name a few off the top of my head, all the courses around mt.tremblant, crowbush in pei, the innisbrooke courses in Florida, Glen Abbey, etc...

missblondie
03-29-2004, 12:47 AM
i think crowbush in PEI is probably one of the nicest courses in Canada... that course is amazing

A_3
03-29-2004, 12:50 AM
yeah it was beautiful the day i played it, it's out in the middle of no where though (at least for PEI) very few people get to experience it.

SinisterProbeGt
03-29-2004, 10:18 AM
I hit fox hollow this weekend sunday after the golf show.
Mang I 'm rusty:thumbsdow

DUBBED
03-29-2004, 03:03 PM
So everyone is talking about local clubs they have played at... what about the not so local ones...

Angel Park - Las Vegas
Legacy - Las Vegas
Tuscany - Las Vegas <- My uncle is the Director of golf here.
St. Eugene Mission - Kimberly B.C.

Madspinner
03-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Played fairmont hot springs ,wicked course but it is a hard course.

ramminghard
03-31-2004, 12:40 AM
arizona state university course is amazing. Phoenix is got to be one of the best places for golf. They even somehow manage to get 18 holes into a city block.

A_3
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
^ :werd: i was down there at christmas time for a golf vacation, courses everywhere and most of them are pretty cheap! Played one they had a pga tounrey at a few years back (forget which course) cost us like $30 American, before 9-11 it cost in around $100 for a round... crazy!

gavin
03-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Silvertip in Canmore.
Wintergreen in Bragg Creek if you like elevation changes..

JordanLotoski
03-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Cottonwood
Silver Tip
Grey Wolf
Fairmont MoutainSide and riverside
kanaksi
the links

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gavin
03-31-2004, 10:21 PM

Trickle Creek in Kimberley b.c.

Madspinner
04-01-2004, 04:08 AM
I so want to play trickle creek.How is the course.

DUBBED
04-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Madspinner
I so want to play trickle creek.How is the course.

Trickle Creek is a great resort course, when it's in good shape and doesn't catch too much of the run-off from the ski-hill it's an amazing course.