PDA

View Full Version : I need help in making the new me.

Pages : [1] 2

spikerS
02-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Well, i am sick and tired. It is time for me to have a "makeover" if you will. I have had a pretty shitty life lately, and it is time to do something for me, and get some of my old confidence back.

Step 1 for me is to lose some weight. Lets be honest, I need to lose A LOT of weight. Currently I am floating between 287lbs and 292lbs. I am fat. no bones about it. When I was younger, I used to play high school football, and once out, I went straight to the Stamps practice roster. I learned alot there about diet and how to bulk up and fast. It was great, I was a big defensive end, could move like no ones business. I never made it onto the actual play roster, and ended up getting hurt pretty bad and it effectively ended any chances I had of making the team and turning pro.

After I got hurt, I stopped playing, and stopped doing much of anything physical. Ended up taking up smoking and didn't change my eating habits. I went from being 240 - 245lbs in pretty awesome shape when I played, to going as high as 300lbs. Now I know that seems like a super high number to most of you, but I am also 6'5" and have some really wide shoulders. Not denying my beer gut though LOL!

What I am looking for is first a way to start cutting weight, and then getting back into shape. My cardio is horrible now, no bones about it. I am no longer smoking (quit 2.5 years now), not eating much red meat. I am eating more chicken than anything. I have a hard time with most veggies and fruits, not because i don't like them, but I don't like alot of the textures in my mouth, or the loud crunching in my ears. I know, i know.

Anyone able to offer me up some tips and tricks for some weight loss and so on? good food recipies and the like? Like I said, it is time I did something for myself.

GQBalla
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
start drinking nothing but water and cut out liquor.

Youll be amazed of what will happen.

you went to the stamps practice roster, you should know what works with your body.

plus your muscle memory will come into play asap! :D

spikerS
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

you went to the stamps practice roster, you should know what works with your body.

plus your muscle memory will come into play asap! :D

Oh yeah, I know how to get bigger, that has never been a problem for me. I had to make a promise to my mother and my grandmother that in cutting my weight, that I would not build more muscle. there words were, "you are already too strong, you just need to lose some weight."

Unfortuneately, that is all I know how to do, is build muscle and bulk. I don't know fuck all about getting rid of it.

Tik-Tok
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

+1

Only drink water, no soda, and as little booze as your mind can handle right now (I can't fathom the amount of stress you currently have, so a little self-medication isn't bad).

I'm also finding HIIT cardio on an elliptical a great help. I don't go too hardcore, but 120 seconds fast speed, and 30 seconds full out for 30 minutes.

My eating habits haven't changed at all (I eat 80% healthy dinners, and 80% fast food garbage lunches), but am slowly getting rid of the extra pounds I have. If I ate right, I'm sure I could loose everything I wanted to.

edit: Oh, and I'm not even going to the gym like I should, because of my work sched (cough, excuse, cough) I'm only managing 4 times a week every other week, so if I actually hit it hard, I'd probably be a bean pole right now.

CapnCrunch
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I would look only at your diet. You need to eat less. There are hundreds out there.

I'm just starting the rapid fat loss, but since you don't seem to like vegetables, maybe try atkins or something similar?

spikerS
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
i will eat veggies, i hate them, but i will eat them. it is jus their texture and i don't find them filling at all.

kvg
02-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I am naturally a light weight and a good weight for me is 160lbs and I turned 30 last year and was 195lbs with a spare tire. I decided I wanted to lose some weight before my friends wedding in 1 Month and fit my favorite suit. What I did was went on a diet of water, veggie juice, fruit juice, and raw fruit and veggies. The 2 weeks I went all juice and the first 5 days and that was the hardest part(Man did it suck!), then it was easy after that. After the first 2 weeks I ate the raw fruit and veggies. I went down to 165lbs in 3 weeks and have kept it off no problem. For someone my weight thats a huge loss. My sister in law started it yesterday to drop some weight for her wedding.

kvg
02-15-2011, 01:57 PM
P.S. no extra exercise was done.

JfuckinC
02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
go read the rapid fat loss thread? I lost like 26lbs in 30 days, still given'er too.

spikerS
02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by kvg
I am naturally a light weight and a good weight for me is 160lbs and I turned 30 last year and was 195lbs with a spare tire. I decided I wanted to lose some weight before my friends wedding in 1 Month and fit my favorite suit. What I did was went on a diet of water, veggie juice, fruit juice, and raw fruit and veggies. The 2 weeks I went all juice and the first 5 days and that was the hardest part(Man did it suck!), then it was easy after that. After the first 2 weeks I ate the raw fruit and veggies. I went down to 165lbs in 3 weeks and have kept it off no problem. For someone my weight thats a huge loss. My sister in law started it yesterday to drop some weight for her wedding.

I want every detail on that that you can give me.

I will choke back everything I can to get those kind of results!

project240
02-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Obviously your 2 main focuses should be diet and cardio. Start using a treadmill/elliptical or going out for jogs at least 3-4 times per week 30 minutes/session. Your main goal is to increase heart-rate. As your endurance builds, so should your cardio sessions.

I think it's silly for a person your size (I can relate, I'm 6'6" 240lbs) to eat only fruits/veggies, but they should definitely find a place in your daily diet. I make a habit of always taking a fruit with my lunch and always eating veggies with dinner in addition to healthy snacks throughout the day.

Your diet probably doesn't have to change dramatically, just cut out the really bad stuff (fast food, alcohol, etc) and make a few healthy substitutions.

I think just as with quitting smoking, you have to make a conscious effort to make a change and just do it. I'm sure you know very well that since you had the will power to quit smoking, this shouldn't be difficult for you either... you just need to find the place to start.

Good Luck.:thumbsup:

kvg
02-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by spikers

I want every detail on that that you can give me.

I will choke back everything I can to get those kind of results!

Call me # pmed

soccernut
02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
No one has mentioned P90X....If you have the commitment to follow it religiously, you WILL get the results...I did!!

dandia89
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by kvg

where is your protein coming from? this seems like an easy method to get skinny-fat

kvg
02-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I wanted to lose weight first then tone up. I tried protein diets, the took forever. I work and have 2 kids a wife thats in school, so I have no spare time to hit the gym daily:(
The idea was to lose weight and it worked fast. Now I have so much more energy. Don't get it twisted the first week fucking sucked, but I am sure glad I did it now.:thumbsup:

JfuckinC
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by dandia89

where is your protein coming from? this seems like an easy method to get skinny-fat

Or unhealthy skinny haha, you need proteins man... RFL!

ercchry
02-15-2011, 04:36 PM
i use to always sit around 195-210 (210 was my "playing" weight ie. active)

now with sitting at a desk all day and not having much time/ability (back is a mess) to be active i found that my muscle was diminishing and weight was increasing.

so for the past.... 8 months i guess? i have been on a pho diet :rofl:

very simple... 4 out of 5 lunches a week at work are either pho tai or beef saute :drool:

small dinner about half the week, other half wings, burgers, whatever.

if i start to get a little soft, dinners for the next week are chicken w/veg and rice, lots of spices, touch of sauce.

works well for me :dunno: been between 180-185 @6'1" for a while now

project240
02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Or unhealthy skinny haha, you need proteins man... RFL!

Exactly. There are lots of "diets" that will help you to lose weight quickly, but they aren't necessarily healthy.

bourge73
02-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Your really going to have to hit the exercise hard. And I guess I ll be the one to break it to you, no more beer man, none.
If you have to drink due to your current situation then look at like Vodka Waters, Red Wine but then again not much of it.

You will be amazed with just cutting out pop, beers and drinking more water will do for ya. Wouldnt be a bad idea to have your blood pressure and Cholesterol tested either.

2.0turbo
02-15-2011, 05:58 PM
www.bodyforlife.com

It is a high protien, low simple carb diet combined with 6 days a week of working out. The program is easy to follow and works like a charm. I was 195lbs and active but kindof a skinny-fat fat guy. I lost 15lbs in a month doing this program exactly as it says. I am not longer skinny fat, but fairly ripped and way stronger. My body fat went from 22% to 14% and my strength increased dramatically.

The idea is to build lean muscle to burn that fat and to add a short bit of cardio in there.

Graham_A_M
02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
I know this is going to sound amazingly gay, but I had a few friends go to Herbal magic, and that shit is amazing.

They've always been overweight; their whole lives, and fought pointless battles with many of these retarded trendy new diets.

After a few months with that program, they started losing, 10-20-50 pounds like nobodies business, and its never came back to haunt either of them.
If you can swallow your dignity by going to a location, I'd really recommend that.

If you saw how quickly they dropped the weight they did. I think you'd be a huge believer in them as well. ;)

max_boost
02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
www.bodyforlife.com

It is a high protien, low simple carb diet combined with 6 days a week of working out. The program is easy to follow and works like a charm. I was 195lbs and active but kindof a skinny-fat fat guy. I lost 15lbs in a month doing this program exactly as it says. I am not longer skinny fat, but fairly ripped and way stronger. My body fat went from 22% to 14% and my strength increased dramatically.

The idea is to build lean muscle to burn that fat and to add a short bit of cardio in there.

Yes that's a good beginner program because it's very easy to follow.

:thumbsup:

Goodfella
02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
The most important thing is maintaing a positive attitude.
All these workouts, diet tips n tricks etc mean nothing this is
lost. So keep your head up and never loose sight of your goal!!!

msommers
02-15-2011, 09:52 PM
All good advice so far.

As cliche as it sounds, you need to make it a lifestyle change. Routine and consistently are everything. I read about Vday, sorry to hear that man. Keeping on a routine will allow you to focus less on the negative and more on yourself and where you want to be headed.

Try not to shock yourself too much, ie: eating plain rice and chiken with brocolli everyday and going really heavy at the beginning. Ease into it, patience is key!

P.S. Man up and eat your veggies :p. Drink green tea by the liters.

jaysas_63
02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
check PM :thumbsup:

Dumbass17
02-16-2011, 04:15 AM
i lost 3kg last week by just eating spinach with a can of tuna some baby tomatoes and bean sprouts for lunch every day. then same for supper. 3 egg omelette for breakfast. bam

trevh
02-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Try eating balanced meals each meal (protiens, fats and carbs) and cut everything out that comes in a box. Shop around the lanes in the grocery store don't go down them.
See what works best for you when you try shopping the store. Buy a steamer if you can, I find it faster to steam veggies and they taste better (IMO) Healthy carbs are good! (any veggie that grow's above the ground) is best. Just stay away from starchy veggies (potatoes,corn).
Meat is good all types 'Bacon is Rad -gluten is bad'. Try and stay away from pasta and rices and wheat too if you can, your body doesn't need that shit, although it works as a good filler and takes forever to digest which makes you tired and blah after a meal.
Some ideas on good fats, almonds, walnuts, almond butter, and organic butter salted or unsalted. Butter salt and pep are amazing for seasoning.
Drink lots of water, I'm 6'9 and I drink a 4L jug a day.

Protien supplements are OK, most in the containers are loaded with chemicals.
I get mine from community health, it comes in a platic bag and it's 90% whey protien isolate.
Loosing weight becomes addicting once you start seeing the pounds leave. Then #1 thing to focus on before any type of physical activity is your diet, you will see success fast if you stay focused on your diet. Good Luck and have fun with it

ExtraSlow
02-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Here's what I've been doing for about one year, and it's been getting me results.
1) eat breakfast, something that is slow to digest. I go for 1/3 cup raw oats in a tiny bit of yogurt.
2) cut out pop, EVEN DIET POP!!

I haven't reduced or changed any of my other meals, and I still drink booze at least three days a week. I haven't hit the gym at all in this last year, and I hardly ever do any sports.

In short, I've made 2 simple changes and dropped weight noticeably. People at work mention it. If I cut alcohol down, or did some cardio, it would probably be even more dramatic.

works for this lazy guy.

spikerS
02-16-2011, 08:46 AM
well, that will be a start for me.

This morning, already cut out my coffee(s) and bagel. On my 3rd large glass of water. Didn't have time this morning to make my egg white omlette, so ate a can of tuna at my desk at work.

I think I am also going to cut my beer intake to 1 night a week, and even then it will only be a couple. I can't give that up completely! But I am cutting out soda 100%.

What are the thoughts on milk and juices though?

s_havinga
02-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Stay away from juice, If you want something fruity, make yourself a smoothie using frozen fruit and a little milk maybe.

Lot's of ppl will likely say no milk but to me, it is part of one of the food groups and you need it. Stick with 1% or skim and like everything, keep the amount reasonable.

msommers
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
It's not the end of the world if you have a glass of Tropicana with your breakfast - I have one everyday. But that's the only juice I drink.

Things I have a hard time cutting out:

Peanut Butter Flavor
http://gosublogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/naturevalley_jpg.jpg

http://a1061.g.akamai.net/7/1061/5412/home/www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/03000001499_450x450_a.jpg

Reduced sugar but still, not the greatest.

ExtraSlow
02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Try this, uncooked, instead:
http://www.organicmama.com.hk/image/p-grain-a.jpg

spikerS
02-16-2011, 11:46 AM
^^ so eat uncooked oats? Just by themself? or do I boil them like normal?

ExtraSlow
02-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Uncooked bro. you want something slow to digest. Keeps you fuller longer.

Or you could cook them. I'll be honest, they aren't exactly a flavour sensation when uncooked. It's pretty rough.

EDIT: I should add, you'll need either milk, or yogurt to eat them with. otherwise it's pretty much sawdust.

austic
02-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I am currently down 37lbs with lifestyle changes.
HIIT Cardio and eating better.

r1_boii
02-16-2011, 01:55 PM
good adive from alot folks here.

I landed an office job a while back and it seemed like ive lost more weight and gained more lean muscle as to packing on fat. Reason for this was because since I had to be up at 5:30 every morning to commute to downtown I had to have all my meals and such packed day before. Since I know im sluggish in the morning, I premake all my meals night prior so stuff like eggs and turkey bacon *which is a really lean meat substitute for the ppl who are finding a sub for there meat* and I have some carbs in the morning, being either a whey and 2 scoops of oats in it and chug that sucker down, or just an ordinary peanut butter sandwiche with banana's.

Since I premake all my meals night before, I know what I should be eating as to going to work and not knowing what to eat so ppl tend to grab something fast and "healthy" which in turn usually doesnt end up being healthy.

At my desk, I always keep a tupperware container filled with nuts or bring apples and oranges to munch on. I keep a nalgene bottle beside me at all times and I dont take little swigs, I chug that sucker down like no tomorrow so I feel a bit full and keep my mind intact.

As for life changing results bro, you wont wake up the next day and be thin, its a long road but the main thing is to be mentally tough and keep your morale high.

Little things like waking up in the morning have a big cold glass of water speeds up your metabolism. be more mobile, take the stairs, park a bit farther and walk a couple blocks, quit complex carbs and sub it with easy to digest carbs, no need to be on a diet you just have to make healthy choices.

I hate when ppl are like yea you have to do this and that, but if your expecting a miracle formula from some kid off a forum then you should check yourself before you wreck yourself lol

Graham_A_M
02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
^ that's without a doubt the most queer sig on this whole forum.

joseph
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
^^I have to agree with this statement...

kvg
02-16-2011, 03:17 PM
:werd: :rofl:

trevh
02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
If you drink dairy, try goats milk. There's a serious shortage in the city right now because they are having babies. Juice is terrible stay away from it.
Cutting coffee is good but you may crave it if you don't have that one cup. Have a cup in the morning, if you want to sweeten it use honey nothing else. No creamers...

Prep your meals in advance if things aren't working out. If your sticking to what I wrote above make sure you do have a 'cheat night' once a week. If you work hard at this you will get results man, and if your working hard have a night for you because you deserve it. This should keep you going.

msommers
02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
What's wrong with black coffee/tea?

JfuckinC
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ that's without a doubt the most queer sig on this whole forum.

Originally posted by joseph
^^I have to agree with this statement...

Originally posted by kvg
:werd: :rofl:

Skinny little haters :rofl:

Graham_A_M
02-16-2011, 06:07 PM
^No I just dont log in to this forum to see very muscular tanned men wearing very little, all the while flexing. That and I find it a little odd a guy would put such an (oversized) pic of such a thing in his sig.

That would be like me using this pic of Richard Simmons as my Avatar.
:dunno:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/membersonly.jpg

Its like "wow really?" :confused:

msommers
02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Arnie to richard simmons? Lol way to go man.

BigMass
02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Yah budday!

Light weight.......

.........BABY!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QuMOIhxNtTQ/TUexl9BoXQI/AAAAAAAAAo4/eXfWP073djQ/s1600/colemanback.jpg

joseph
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh God! my eyes!!!:guns:

msommers
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I cannot imagine the mindset to make yourself look like that. Respect the hard work though.

shakalaka
02-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Ronnie is the shit!

xxviet
02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
GTL and Bmw = :poosie:

JfuckinC
02-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Arnie to richard simmons? Lol way to go man.

lol that's what i was thinking..... though the ronnie coleman butt floss photo is kinda too much :rofl:

aint nuttin but a peanut :dunno:

shakalaka
02-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
www.bodyforlife.com

Originally posted by max_boost

Yes that's a good beginner program because it's very easy to follow.

:thumbsup:

My goal is to get ripped enough. I am happy enough with the amount of bulking I did and muscle I gained, but now I want to tone and rip. So basically lose all the fat and keep the muscle.

What is this bodyforlife diet you guys speak off? Sounds like it can be of help to me. I have no problems working my ass off in the gym but following a diet plan keeps screwing me over. I am doing the Stronglifts program and as that is a day off-day on sort of program, every off day I do an hour of cardio. What I need is help with my diet. I quickly tried browsing that website, but couldn't really find a meal plan per se.

spikerS
02-17-2011, 07:32 AM
well day 1 officially sucked lol.

Had to skip breakfast due to time limitations.

can of tuna for a snack

lunch was sliced chicken breast with a couple mushrooms and half a tomato, 3 chunks of watermelon for dessert.

snack again was another can of tuna

Dinner was a Romain heart, cherry tomatos, mushrooms and a seared chicken breast. only pepper for seasoning.

Dinner was so awful. LOL! Romain lettuce is so bland! I need to find ways to bring that dinner to life. felt like I was choking down cardboard.

on to day 2 today!

drtoohotty1
02-17-2011, 07:52 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday, for your hate of vegetable and fruit textures why not look into getting a juicer? that way you can have all the benefits without drawbacks and you can tweak the recipes if it tastes too much like vegetables add more fruit until you make your own perfect V8 flavors

sputnik
02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Dinner was so awful. LOL! Romain lettuce is so bland! I need to find ways to bring that dinner to life. felt like I was choking down cardboard.

Just make a simple vinagrette. There is no reason why you can't have dressing on a salad. Just use some common sense when you choose one.

I like doing this.

- 1 part olive oil
- 2 part white vinegar
- minced onion
- salt
- pepper

Also pick vegetables that have good moisture. Adding salted tomato and cucumber are a great way of flavouring a salad. I sometimes even just make a salad like this.

- Diced tomato (big tomatoes not the grape ones)
- Peeled and sliced (very thinly) english cucumber
- Minced onion
- Salt/Pepper

The juices from the tomato, cucumber and onion provide their own dressing.

JfuckinC
02-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Stop complaining and just do it lol. It will become regular and you wont even remember what you used to eat, i swear!

max_boost
02-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

My goal is to get ripped enough. I am happy enough with the amount of bulking I did and muscle I gained, but now I want to tone and rip. So basically lose all the fat and keep the muscle.

What is this bodyforlife diet you guys speak off? Sounds like it can be of help to me. I have no problems working my ass off in the gym but following a diet plan keeps screwing me over. I am doing the Stronglifts program and as that is a day off-day on sort of program, every off day I do an hour of cardio. What I need is help with my diet. I quickly tried browsing that website, but couldn't really find a meal plan per se.

You need to try rapid fat loss like JfuckinC and you'll be ripped in 1 month. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

r1_boii
02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
LoL haters gonna hate.:facepalm: Not gonna lie, Arnolds my idol. Not that I wanna be a roid monkey but because of his philosophy on bodybuilding and fitness.

first 2 weeks are gonna suck, but thats because your adjusting to a healthier lifestyle

shakalaka
02-17-2011, 02:53 PM

You need to try rapid fat loss like JfuckinC and you'll be ripped in 1 month. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

Sorry Spikers for a little thread derailment.

Max you think that will work. I don't want to end up with excessive skin and how some people lose a lot of weight really quickly and have fat folds and what not.

And fuck, need to read that book now? I am just looking for a laid out diet plan. Eat this, this and this on Monday, this on Tuesday...etc lol

I dont have that much to lose, I would say about 10-15 lbs. I am around 202 lbs right now, would like to be around 190'ish. But the main thing is I don't want to lose the muscle that I have, want to maintain that. That's the only way to try and get that ripped look.

spikerS
02-17-2011, 03:05 PM
No worries, I am following it all with great interest!

bourge73
02-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Thats a good recipe. You can also, as another dressing try adding some garlic too, and instead of white vinegar try some balsamic vinegar instead (as white vinegar can be a little strong) . You can add a little dijon mustard to it will ( it will help to thicken it up the dressing)

spikerS
02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Just make a simple vinagrette. There is no reason why you can't have dressing on a salad. Just use some common sense when you choose one.

I like doing this.

- 1 part olive oil
- 2 part white vinegar
- minced onion
- salt
- pepper

Originally posted by bourge73
Thats a good recipe. You can also, as another dressing try adding some garlic too, and instead of white vinegar try some balsamic vinegar instead (as white vinegar can be a little strong) . You can add a little dijon mustard to it will ( it will help to thicken it up the dressing)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This recipie is making it much better! I modified your recipie just a bit as follows:

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white vinigar
1/2 teaspoon of minced and roasted garlic
1 teaspoon of spicy dijon mustard
lots of black pepper

man, it makes things so much easier to eat! THANK YOU!

max_boost
02-18-2011, 12:37 PM

Sorry Spikers for a little thread derailment.

Max you think that will work. I don't want to end up with excessive skin and how some people lose a lot of weight really quickly and have fat folds and what not.

And fuck, need to read that book now? I am just looking for a laid out diet plan. Eat this, this and this on Monday, this on Tuesday...etc lol

I dont have that much to lose, I would say about 10-15 lbs. I am around 202 lbs right now, would like to be around 190'ish. But the main thing is I don't want to lose the muscle that I have, want to maintain that. That's the only way to try and get that ripped look.

I've never read the book but I know the gist of it. Keep calories to around 800 or so, high protein, low fat foods so seafood will do the trick. 1 cheat meal per week.

Both lint and JfuckinC did it and lost 25lbs of fat in less than 6 weeks I believe. Minimal strength lost either haha

Maybe those two will outline it for you.

You are so concerned with the "tone" look, have you ever considered P90X? haha

max_boost
02-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Spikers, sorry for the thread derailment but good on you for making the change in your life.

Reduce your calories, eat healthy and any exercise and you'll see the fat fall off. Stick with it. :thumbsup:

spikerS
02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
hey, I have one question, it came up last night.

My buddy took me out for a beer. he ordered a coors, I ordered a water, to which he balked and refused.

waitress came up with the Molson Canadian 67. per 341ml bottle it is 3% alcohol, 67 calories, 0.4g of protien.

anything wrong with me enjoying a few of these?

JfuckinC
02-18-2011, 01:09 PM

My buddy took me out for a beer. he ordered a coors, I ordered a water, to which he balked and refused.

waitress came up with the Molson Canadian 67. per 341ml bottle it is 3% alcohol, 67 calories, 0.4g of protien.

Honestly, the way i look at it, if you gotta ask/wonder you prob shouldn't be drinking/eating it.

Now that said, instead of cheat meals i drink on weekends :rofl:
I can't go 7 day's without partying. No way no how. I'd say save all the drinking for one night a week man, cause booze is the WORST for losing weight/getting in shape. I'm the poster boy for that argument.

shakalaka
02-18-2011, 01:16 PM

I've never read the book but I know the gist of it. Keep calories to around 800 or so, high protein, low fat foods so seafood will do the trick. 1 cheat meal per week.

Both lint and JfuckinC did it and lost 25lbs of fat in less than 6 weeks I believe. Minimal strength lost either haha

Maybe those two will outline it for you.

You are so concerned with the "tone" look, have you ever considered P90X? haha

lol I did consider p90x. I only did it for a couple of weeks though. The thing was I had ran out of my gym membership and I figured I'd try p90x at home. I got the pullup bar and everything, but it just never worked out. It just wasn't the same thing trying to do it at home all the time cause I still preferred going to the gym for the days that required free weights to be used and stuff.

I guess I can try to go back to it and start the program again as I have all the material/videos etc. But that still leaves me with the diet problem. The diet that came with p90x was pretty intense.

Currently I am doing that Stronglifts 5 x 5 program and on no weight days try to do an hour of cardio in order to rip. But again need some major help with my diet, sorting out a plan that I can follow from day to day.

You can have a couple of beers a week, there's nothing wrong with that. The main consideration should be that you keep everything moderate. Shouldn't eat/drink anything in excessive amounts and that's pretty much the key. Like been said before, eating at regular intervals, smaller portion more often during the day, tons of water.

Obviously if you cut ALL beer, technically it will be good considering you are avoiding absolutely all the empty calories that you get from alcohol but you don't need to do that right from the start unless you want to and you can. It can also be a gradual process, sort of thing. But the key is to reduce it as much as you can.

spikerS
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
well i started this with the intention of no alcohol at all. but if I can have a couple or 4 of these 67 cal beers a week, I would be in heaven!

shakalaka
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Well it all depends on how drastic of a change you want in your physique and how quick you want it. For me, I always want results fast and I am willing to go to any extent to make that happen. Although I've got to say I've never thought about giving up alcohol but then again I don't drink every week only once in a while. If you had the intentions that you are going to give up alcohol then I say stick to it.

Not saying that it'll be easy, cause trust me it won't. But after a week or so you'll get used to it and once you see your body changing that'll be like the biggest motivation to keep going. In the end, always remember, it is mind over matter. More than anything physical, it's all about your mind. It's going to hurt, it'll be painful but keep in mind that pain is just a weakness leaving your body.

I like watching certain work out videos (no gay lol) because I find that they pump me up and motivate me like crazy. And when I am in that zone, I don't give a shit about food, drinks or anything. Yes that wears off after a little bit, but then you find more ways to motivate yourself. Just picture where you want to see yourself eventually and never lose the sight of that goal, rest will eventually become easy.

max_boost
02-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Well it all depends on how drastic of a change you want in your physique and how quick you want it. For me, I always want results fast and I am willing to go to any extent to make that happen.

Except you aren't willing to read the book. :rofl:

It's called "RAPID" fat loss.

Just saying.

msommers
02-18-2011, 02:07 PM
If you gotta drink, red wine or vodka waters would be the better choice. Beer makes ya fat.

shakalaka
02-18-2011, 02:07 PM

Except you aren't willing to read the book. :rofl:

It's called "RAPID" fat loss.

Just saying.

lol Touche.

Although reading that book itself won't be so rapid for me considering I have to read my law books all the time.

max_boost
02-18-2011, 02:20 PM

lol Touche.

Although reading that book itself won't be so rapid for me considering I have to read my law books all the time.

PM lint, send him $20 and ask him to write up a meal plan for you.

:D

shakalaka
02-18-2011, 02:35 PM
^Haha

If he's actually down for that, I'll do it. I can explain to him, what kind of goals I am after and everything. And he can sort me out with a meal plan to follow? Maybe, he'll read this thread. Don't want to PM him randomly and think it's weird or something. Haha

On the other hand I am also thinking maybe I should stop the stronglifts and actually start the p90x program again and actually see it through this time

lint
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
don't bring me into this. I've posted that information in a number of replies to you in a number of threads. You don't want to believe it and you've never bothered to look at it. It's been said over and over that shedding fat is about diet, not about cardio. And this is what you keep doing:

and on no weight days try to do an hour of cardio in order to rip.

For me, I always want results fast and I am willing to go to any extent to make that happen.
By "any extent" you mean except reading the information that people have shown you and doing what is already laid out?

JfuckinC
02-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by lint
don't bring me into this. I've posted that information in a number of replies to you in a number of threads. You don't want to believe it and you've never bothered to look at it. It's been said over and over that shedding fat is about diet, not about cardio. And this is what you keep doing:

By "any extent" you mean except reading the information that people have shown you and doing what is already laid out?

haha only had to tell me once, havent done cardio in over a month and im still 28lbs down, well i do about 5 min before my workouts to get the blood flowing and my heart beating.. Will reach my goal of 30 down next week. :D

Seriously read the book shak, it worked great for me, a few of my other buddys are trying it now. It's worth it.

shakalaka
02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
@lint
Ok fair enough, you have a point. I am going to go back to couple of other threads that you posted in and try to read as much as I can. Although I've got to say, by can't read, I just meant that I barely get time to read a full fledged book on the topic....but maybe that's what I need to do.

I guess it's just hard to fathom that doing cardio is not the way to lose weight. I do it, not because I enjoy it, infact I find it so damn boring. But I keep pushing myself, figuring that's what's need to be done.

Found the book, am gonna read it today. Was gonna go do cardio right now, but going to read that right now.

msommers
02-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Passive fat loss is much easier to me. I fucking hate cardio when it isn't sports.

Eating right and lifting as heavy as you can :thumbsup:

spikerS
02-18-2011, 11:04 PM
well, i could not resist. I wanted to wait for a full week of my new eating habits, but I saw the scale in the bathroom, and I had to check.

at the end of day 3, I have lost 4lbs. so I have gone from 292lbs down to 288lbs.

I gotta admit it feels really good, and has provided me with even more motivation to reach my goal of 40lbs gone by July.

I just wish that the law of diminishing returns did not apply in this case. If it didn't I could lose 40lbs in 30 days LOL!

bourge73
02-18-2011, 11:45 PM
^^ good for u man you should be proud. Keep going man. Try the cold glass of water in the morning and something like rolled oats in the morning with yogurt, Me just eating breaky has taken off 5 pounds in two weeks. (Ok I didnt play Stamps ball but Div 2 in the States and I am back to playing weight of 6'4 235)

bourge73
02-18-2011, 11:46 PM
and Molson 67 tastes like ass......hahhaha

Dumbass17
02-19-2011, 01:02 AM
LOL
this thread inspired me.
i was eating so healthy for two weeks and lost some good weight. then i got hammered on thursday and ate a large family pizza for breakfast upon waking up underneath my desk at work friday morning. oops
lesson?

don't do that ^^

beyond_ban
02-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Does anyone have that rapid fat loss book as an e book??

i'd love to trim 10 and get shredded... too bad i party so much haha.

JfuckinC
02-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
Does anyone have that rapid fat loss book as an e book??

i'd love to trim 10 and get shredded... too bad i party so much haha.

pffffff like you actually party.

i got it off a torrent :D

canadian_hustla
02-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

2) cut out pop, EVEN DIET POP!!

I don't want to hijack the thread but this piece of advice got me thinking. When you say "diet pop", does that include drinks like coke zero?

It doesn't have any sugar or anything...

2.0turbo
02-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Diet pops could possibly be worse for you than regular pop, not in a caloric intake kindof way, as they don't really have any, but more in different way. And I'm not talking about the potential health effects of sugar substitues.

Basically what happens is your body thinks it getting something sweet, therefore high in simple carbs, so it begins to process the pop that way, because of this, it creates an imbalance and makes you crave sugar and other items that your body thinks you already had. Its fine if you can keep from giving in to the cravings, but most of us cannot. Pretty much just stay away from pop in general. Drink WATER, you will lose weight.

What I find with any kind of meal plan or work out plan is the difficulty in sticking with it for long enough to see good results. The couple of things that helped me out was:

The body for life book - reading it as it kept me motivated

Drink this, not that - very informative but some things I did not agree with (contractory to some of its own infromation) and it is a US book so some doesn't apply to us. I did learn things though, like that a chocolate "milkshake" from McDonalds has over 2000 calories...

ExtraSlow
02-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

I don't want to hijack the thread but this piece of advice got me thinking. When you say "diet pop", does that include drinks like coke zero?

It doesn't have any sugar or anything...
Yeah, even coke zero etc. Just anecdotally, have you ever noticed that the people you see drinking diet pop never look the way you want to look? I'm convinced that it screws up your body somehow, possibly in the way that 2.0turbo describes.
if you want something that tastes sweet, just drink real full calorie, sugary pop. Don't fool yourself into thinking that diet soda is somehow going to make you thin.

I've never actually looked into the research on this, has anyone found any?

msommers
02-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Quick search..

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WB2-4KXNV0K-C&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F1988&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1649048082&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=de0552c3d1cb9c7068b97355d883b46d&searchtype=a

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WB2-4KXNV0K-C&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F1988&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1649048082&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=de0552c3d1cb9c7068b97355d883b46d&searchtype=a

http://fars.itvhe.ac.ir/_fars/Documents/2001-19936.pdf#page=14

spikerS
02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
well, here is some more good news.

weighed myself this morning before eating and after I spent some time in the bathroom.

Today was the start of day 6. Starting weight was 292lbs.

Got on the scale, and it reads 282lbs!

Loss of 10 Lbs at the start of day 6.

This is freaking crazy!

Unknown303
02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Nice work. I finally broke under the 200 mark yesterday too. Good week for big results.

msommers
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
well, here is some more good news.

weighed myself this morning before eating and after I spent some time in the bathroom.

Today was the start of day 6. Starting weight was 292lbs.

Got on the scale, and it reads 282lbs!

Loss of 10 Lbs at the start of day 6.

This is freaking crazy!

Nice! Be consistent when you weigh yourself, ie: always in the morning before breakfast after a shit for example.

beyond_ban
02-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

pffffff like you actually party.

i got it off a torrent :D

You're right :( My basement is my "club". It's real fun, i swear ..

And i got it now.. stoked to try it.

spikerS
02-23-2011, 12:19 PM
well, here is what now is going to be my weekly update.

after 1 week of starting this, I am now down to 280lbs, which so far is a drop of 12lbs in a week! :eek:

shakalaka
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Well done Spikers, I know it must feel good! Results like that should be motivation enough to keep pushing through.:thumbsup:

irs
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Good Job Spikers. Your thread has motivated me as well.

I saw your post and a few others because i have been feeling fat lately. Then i weght myself one night and i was almost 260lb and i am only 5'9"

Then on the weekend I was at my friend's place and we were talking about it and he decided to challenge me to loose weight. I decide it was time.

Started monday.
Weight 256.2

Started the rapid diet posted on here. Plus have followed your posts.

I am really curious on what i weight today. Starting to feel better already. weird i know.

How often do you guy's weigh yourself?
What site do you use to track yourself?

Thanks

spikerS
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by irs
Good Job Spikers. Your thread has motivated me as well.

I saw your post and a few others because i have been feeling fat lately. Then i weght myself one night and i was almost 260lb and i am only 5'9"

Then on the weekend I was at my friend's place and we were talking about it and he decided to challenge me to loose weight. I decide it was time.

Started monday.
Weight 256.2

Started the rapid diet posted on here. Plus have followed your posts.

I am really curious on what i weight today. Starting to feel better already. weird i know.

How often do you guy's weigh yourself?
What site do you use to track yourself?

Thanks

I have been weighing myself every second day, in the morning, after i visit the can, and before I eat anything.

I have not been tracking myself on a site or anything, just mentally.

And if you want, another user on here did me up a meal plan, and I have been following it down to the T. If you want a copy of it, get me your email and I can send it to you.

irs
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
That would be sweet. Something to help me keep on track.

Everysecond day sounds pretty good. First couple of day's is pretty hard, but i have notice it is starting to get easier.

I have been recording my stuff at myfitnesspal.com
good site easy to use and it is good for the iphone as well, they have an app.
I don't know if it is good for an android phone or bb.

Thanks again

bourge73
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Do you weigh yourself every other day? could be alot of fluctuations just in water weight . Usually for me I will pick a day weekly like Sunday morning after a monster dumper.

irs
02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks spikers for the food plan. Definitly will help!

so i decide to weigh my self to day and i was happy with the results.
I am down to 249.4 so a loss of 6.8lbs.

I seem to be getting a lot of headaches. Is this normal?

They seem to be getting better as the week has gone on.
One thing is that I use to drink a lot of pop and sugars is it withdrawl from these?

Any advice?

HiTempguy1
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Just anecdotally, have you ever noticed that the people you see drinking diet pop never look the way you want to look?

Yep, you don't see healthy/skinny people drink two 591ml bottles of diet coke a day, do you?

nodoubtt
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Yep, you don't see healthy/skinny people drink two 591ml bottles of diet coke a day, do you?
I donno, I had a phase of drinking a lot of coke zero, and I'm still ripped. If you can manage to drink it without making it crave other sweets you'll be fine. willpower bro.