PDA

View Full Version : Finally The Rock has ...

beecue
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
come back to Monday night raw! :D

I read he came back last night so I downloaded the episode. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I don't know about you guys but wrestling was pretty entertaining to watch when he was around. I stopped watching when he left.

CErB205Zm_c

top_speed
02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
if you smell lalalalalaaww what the rock is cooking, thats awesome cant wait to start watching wwf again.

nismodrifter
02-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Place went freakin crazy when he came out. Shiet.

treg50
02-15-2011, 07:15 PM
:eek: THAT is awesome. I watched up to 2 minutes and then decided to wait to watch it in HD. Where did you get it?

Same boat as you, when The Rock left wrestling I stopped watching as well. I would love to know what The Rock got paid for this, he was the WWE's last true star, and marked the end their best days.

beecue
02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Usenet, look for these.

WWE Monday Night RAW 2011 02 14 HDTV XViD KYR
WWE Monday Night RAW 2011 02 14 720p HDTV x264 KYR

jsn
02-15-2011, 07:23 PM
People still watch this stuff? I stopped watching long before the rock left. I think it was after grade 6 that I stopped watching. That was almost 12 years ago lol.

I wonder what made him go back to WWE. Tired of making lame family flicks?

JAARemedy
02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
FURIOUS 5 IS NOT A LAME FAMILY FLICK

shakalaka
02-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I stopped watching it when I found out that it was all staged.

sexualbanana
02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
The Rock cut some of the best promos of all time.

Disoblige
02-16-2011, 12:45 AM
lol.. Fruity pebbles.

[Yu]
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by jsn
People still watch this stuff? I stopped watching long before the rock left. I think it was after grade 6 that I stopped watching. That was almost 12 years ago lol.

I wonder what made him go back to WWE. Tired of making lame family flicks?

I'm pretty sure most of us stopped watching, but the Rock is back, the least I could do is pay my respects and watch him smack some jabronis.

eglove
02-16-2011, 01:11 AM
the rock is all that is man

jampack
02-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I stopped watching it when I found out that it was all staged.

When I found out it's all staged, I still watched it until Stonecold and the Rock left. WWE basically went downhill (at least for me) when both left.

95teetee
02-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by jampack

When I found out it's all staged, I still watched it until Stonecold and the Rock left. WWE basically went downhill (at least for me) when both left. I quit watching when they pushed Batista as a champion:thumbsdow

p.s. The Rock is definitely the best former Calgary Stampeder practice squad player EVER in the WWF:D

p.p.s. IMHO, the best bit ever- Chris Jericho's WWF debut. Y2J and The Rock-both with microphones- it don't get better than that.

Gainsbarre
02-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I stopped watching seriously when Bret Hart left the WWF in November 1997. It was difficult to follow WCW in Canada as I don't recall Nitro ever being shown live here (it was shown taped on TSN, but I was never sure of the time/day). I pretty much stopped watching entirely when Owen Hart died in May 1999 -- nowadays I only catch a segment here and there on the internet after it has happened if I hear that something major (such as this) has occurred.

Loved how he poked fun at Cena's character -- reminds me of the promo he had with Hogan after WrestleMania X-8 against Hall and Nash when he poked fun at Nash's previous "Diesel" character (mimicking the horn blow/arm motion that Nash would do, saying "Big Daddy Cool? The Rock's ass, more like Big Daddy BITCH!"). Apparently the "Big Daddy Bitch" comment was not scripted (Nash was said to be legitimately pissed about it afterwards :rofl: ), which is great, because it certainly makes it seem like Dwayne Johnson was a fan of the product growing up, unlike some people (e.g. Warrior) who were never fans and were only in it for the money.

I've always hated how crowds would cheer whenever somebody (especially a heel) mentioned the city's name while cutting a promo. FINALLY somebody commented on this when The Rock put the crowd in Toronto in their place at 1:40-2:07 :rofl:

5ZPOq90fZRI

sexualbanana
02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
wk2bDiXDezI

reiRei
02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Rocky is so awesome, I don't think anyone can quite cut a promo like him

G70zi_Dfjr4

T6DhyZIVMlQ

K3RMiTdot
02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
The Peoples Champion

beecue
02-16-2011, 12:24 PM
:rofl: I've been watching a lot of his clips on youtube. "The biggest thing to hit Canada cuz the maple leafs suck." lol JYD was wearing the jersey too.

max_boost
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
The Rock is the best.

95teetee
02-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
it certainly makes it seem like Dwayne Johnson was a fan of the product growing up, unlike some people (e.g. Warrior) who were never fans and were only in it for the money. what with his dad (Rocky Johnson) and his maternal grandfather (High Chief Peter Maivia)-hence the name Rocky Maivia given to him by the brass- both being champs in pro wrestling, I would guess he knew it growing up:)

btw, I remember a story about him and Doug Flutie getting into a bit of an argument over 'wrassling' in the Stamps' dressing room when a few of them were watching one day and Rock mentioning to Flutie that it was his family's business, and he shouldn't oughta laugh about it :D.

KRyn
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JAARemedy
FURIOUS 5 IS NOT A LAME FAMILY FLICK

QFT

Quiet10
02-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I was so stoked when I heard about him coming back. Maybe time for me to watch WWE again just for the humour. Haha.

:thumbsdow to Batista.

Gainsbarre
02-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
what with his dad (Rocky Johnson) and his maternal grandfather (High Chief Peter Maivia)-hence the name Rocky Maivia given to him by the brass- both being champs in pro wrestling, I would guess he knew it growing up:)

Ah yes, The Rock's family -- his father Rocky Johnson is Canadian, so I suppose that through this The Rock has another connection to Canada.

:rofl: I've never heard anybody use the term "mother canucker" before or since -- only The Rock could pull it off!

95teetee
02-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Ah yes, The Rock's family -- his father Rocky Johnson is Canadian, so I suppose that through this The Rock has another connection to Canada.

:rofl: I've never heard anybody use the term "mother canucker" before or since -- only The Rock could pull it off! so many good memories of the Rock's spots. Imma have to watch again while he's there:D