PDA

View Full Version : Are you high risk? Who do you insure through?

Khalil.e
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Are you considered a high risk driver? (not referring to accidents, rather speeding tickets).

If so - who are you currently insured by?
Any recommendations for brokers to contact?

89s1
02-15-2011, 08:16 PM
When I first moved here I had good luck with blue circle insurance.

My only complaint was employee turnover, I talked to a different person every time I renewed.

Graham_A_M
02-15-2011, 08:44 PM
You can try TD Meloche Monnex. Back when I was in my late teens (13 demerits, more speeding tickets then you'd believe) they still insured me. It was expensive, I paid $2-3k a year, for a car that was worth half that, but at 18 I had no other options.

Khalil.e
02-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Great, thanks. Will check out both of those.

Any others?

Thanks..

Graham_A_M
02-15-2011, 08:57 PM
^ Yeah speaking of which, I just remembered. Talk to the guys at Lundgren & Young insurance, specifically Brett. (or is it Brent.)
They'll do the shopping for you, and find you the best premium among a variety of insurance providers. They have a variety of providers that solely deal with high risk policy holders, so they'll be able to find you the best rate among the 5 or so high risk insurance holders, but about half a dozen not-so-high risk providers as well. ;)

http://www.landy.ca/

sr20s14zenki
02-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Blue circle, my insurer is Jevco. They are awesome, considering the shit i did. Ive wised up since.

:)

Khalil.e
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Yeah speaking of which, I just remembered. Talk to the guys at Lundgren & Young insurance, specifically Brett. (or is it Brent.)
They'll do the shopping for you, and find you the best premium among a variety of insurance providers. They have a variety of providers that solely deal with high risk policy holders, so they'll be able to find you the best rate among the 5 or so high risk insurance holders, but about half a dozen not-so-high risk providers as well. ;)

:eek:

That should help tons - thanks!

ddduke
02-15-2011, 09:44 PM

Definitely try Lundgren and Young. My girlfriend is with them and even though her driving record is perfect when we were shopping (called tons of places) this place charged her about half of what every one else did. Another good thing is that when she calls her insurance agent someone almost always answers the phone and if not then they always call back within the hour which is pretty uncommon in the insurance world.

btimbit
02-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

Definitely try Lundgren and Young. My girlfriend is with them and even though her driving record is perfect when we were shopping (called tons of places) this place charged her about half of what every one else did. Another good thing is that when she calls her insurance agent someone almost always answers the phone and if not then they always call back within the hour which is pretty uncommon in the insurance world.

Did an online quote, they had someone that would have me for half the deductibles for both collision and comprehensive, twice the liability and $41 a month less than I pay now.

Will be making some calls tomorrow. :clap:

Graham_A_M
02-19-2011, 12:29 AM
When I switched over to lundgren & young I cut the cost of my DD insurance from $1200/year to $630 :eek:
They also gave me a break down of what insurance provider would best suit me, and what the pros & cons of each company were. I wish I knew about them EONS ago, man I could have saved a ton of money over all those years :(

tom_9109
02-19-2011, 10:23 AM

bignerd
02-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I heard that technically, no insurance company can deny you coverage for any reason or make of vehicle/motorcycle. What they will do to get around this is just make the rate so high it is obscene?

Masked Bandit
02-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
I heard that technically, no insurance company can deny you coverage for any reason or make of vehicle/motorcycle. What they will do to get around this is just make the rate so high it is obscene?

In Alberta under the Take All Comers rule, no insurance company can refuse to provide you with basic (PLPD) coverage on a private passenger vehicle unless a very specific set of conditions are met. Nothing says they have to offer you any kind of physical damage coverage (collision and or comprehensive) or any sort of payment plan. They can restrict you to full pay only which makes it pretty tough for a lot of folks.

Weapon_R
02-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Just got a quote from Landy.ca for half what I currently pay now...maybe it's time to switch

btimbit
02-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Just got a quote from Landy.ca for half what I currently pay now...maybe it's time to switch

I'm with you there. Quote from them gave me half deductibles, twice liability, and much cheaper. They should be calling me back this week

M.alex
02-20-2011, 02:13 AM
I tried out that Landy.ca - their cheapest quote was almost 1200 more/yr than I pay for my 04 cobra/02 z06, lol

btimbit
02-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
I tried out that Landy.ca - their cheapest quote was almost 1200 more/yr than I pay for my 04 cobra/02 z06, lol

Who are you insured with? If that's true, I think I need to give them a call

M.alex
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

Who are you insured with? If that's true, I think I need to give them a call

Aviva.

The weird thing is Aviva showed up on their list, but quoted me approximately $2800/yr for the same coverage I have right now (am an paying 1500/yr for)

Zhariak
02-20-2011, 01:16 PM

I can actually second this...

For the longest time I drive vehicle's my parents gave me and my parents insured me.

When I turned 21, I purchased my first vehicle for myself, and started paying for my own insurance... The vehicle I purchased was very very expensive, high risk vehicle (for being stolen, etc...).

I got quotes from a BUNCH of places, with no accidents and no tickets, I was being quoted 5,000 to 8,000 a year with a 5G deductible...

I've had no drivers ed (I got my license before GDL existed), and I've been driving with full license since I was 16.

I called Lundgren & Young, they were great... Unfortunately I was stuck with the 5G deductible (due to vehicle value, and my age), however they shopped around and got me insurance for 2,400 a year... Included 2 million in coverage, all options, also got the option for MSRP replacement if it was written off in an accident, while it was still considered "new".

Definitely would recommend these guys!

Recently turned 24, called my rep, they were able to lower the deductible to 1,000 (since im older and vehicle has depreciated), and my insurance is still around 2,400 a year.

btimbit
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM

Aviva.

The weird thing is Aviva showed up on their list, but quoted me approximately $2800/yr for the same coverage I have right now (am an paying 1500/yr for)

Yeah, Aviva is the best option that showed up for me with L&Y. Maybe I'll try my luck at going directly to them

bastardchild
02-21-2011, 01:35 AM
TD Insurance.

$3600/yr for full coverage on 911 Turbo & M3.

Not high risk, but young which is like the same shit according to insurance these days.

M.alex
02-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by bastardchild

$300/yr for full coverage on 911 Turbo & M3.

Unless you left off a 0 at the end, do not believe.

bastardchild
02-21-2011, 01:41 AM

Unless you left off a 0 at the end, do not believe.

My bad its $300/month. :rofl:

M.alex
02-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by bastardchild

My bad its $300/month. :rofl:

Do believe :rofl:

brownboi
02-21-2011, 04:23 AM
i use sharp broker services by sunridge mall