PDA

View Full Version : Netflix USA

Pages : [1] 2

stealth131
02-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Anyone else have netflix usa in canada? I got mine set up, wasn't very hard, and there is more than 10x more content than the Canada version :D

Okay here's the steps:

1. http://usvideo.org/ sign up on there
2. follow the directions depending on what kind of router you have. It is just editing the dns server under your router page.
3. go to safeway or such and buy a prepaid visa card.
4. on the card there is a website, go there and register your card with a usa address. I used a car dealership.
5. make sure under country you still pick canada.
6. now when you go on usa netflix it won't say sorry you are not in the usa. You can proceed to sign up.
7. use the same info you used registering your prepaid visa.
8. Good to go! :bigpimp:

When signing up for the usvideo, you can use a normal visa, or paypal.

sputnik
02-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by stealth131
Anyone else have netflix usa in canada? I got mine set up, wasn't very hard, and there is more than 10x more content than the Canada version :D

Care to make your thread remotely useful by detailing how you are able to use a US Netflix account in Canada?

Despair*
02-16-2011, 09:30 AM
^ +1

I wouldn't mind hearing as well.

stealth131
02-16-2011, 09:56 AM
All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA, then use a prepaid credit card from safeway. Sign up with any usa address and postal code, and then you're good to go.

Works on any device in my network. we have usa netflix running on xbox, 3 pc's

afrotl
02-16-2011, 10:22 AM
All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA, then use a prepaid credit card from safeway. Sign up with any usa address and postal code, and then you're good to go.

Works on any device in my network. we have usa netflix running on xbox, 3 pc's
Interesting can you give a bit more detail in regards to spoofing the router dns. I use paypal to pay my Canadian Netflix... will it work if I am able to spoof the router?

stealth131
02-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by afrotl

Interesting can you give a bit more detail in regards to spoofing the router dns. I use paypal to pay my Canadian Netflix... will it work if I am able to spoof the router? No it will not, that's what I wanted to do, but you need to use the prepaid ones (the easiest way), for 50 dollar prepaid card thats like 6 months of netflix.

mod sticky this and I'll write up a quick guide to setting it up in full detail.

adidas
02-16-2011, 10:38 AM
in 4 later

sputnik
02-16-2011, 10:44 AM
All I did was spoof the router dns so it makes it appear that my i.p is in USA

Huh?

That doesn't make any technical sense.

I would suspect that they would base your country of origin based on ARIN records making "DNS spoofing" useless.

I can see if you were using a proxy located in the US. However the bandwidth on those are rarely fast.

stealth131
02-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I use a service from usvideo. It doesn't slow down the network at all, i still play games with low ping and stream hd video fine

sputnik
02-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I use a service from usvideo. It doesn't slow down the network at all, i still play games with low ping and stream hd video fine

So essentially you pay $50/year for a US proxy service.

Not exactly rocket science here.

stealth131
02-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I said it wasn't very hard to set up, just trying to help anyone who is interested in the same thing.

dirtsniffer
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't know how to do it, I would appreciate i write up and so would my friend. netflix here doesn't even compare

stealth131
02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Okay, I'm going to edit the original post with a write up :)

adidas
02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Go to usvideo.org and crunch in some info that is required and u are good to go.

Just read about it on another site. I think its 7/month for usvideo's service.

EDIT: DONT GO TO USVIDEO.COM by accident, NSFW

stealth131
02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
it is a 5 a month for me. works to be 13 a month for netflix. but you can also use hulu and pandora now too.

sputnik
02-16-2011, 11:56 AM
It's only a matter of time before Netflix starts blocking USVideo IP addresses.

stealth131
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about that, not like netflix cares they're making money.

reno97637
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
What type of prepaid credit card did you get? I got a Vanilla Mastercard and when I try to make a Netflix Account, they detect that I'm trying to use a prepaid card.

big A
02-17-2011, 10:34 PM
I was gonna set up netflix this weekend. Looks like my plans slightly changed.:thumbsup:

Kavy
02-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
It's only a matter of time before Netflix starts blocking USVideo IP addresses.

Several forums I frequent have said Hulu is starting to block UsVideo and Netflix will be next on the list.

Having both a USA Netflix and Canada Netflix account I can honestly say for the extra $8 bucks a month IMO the additional content is not worth double the price; especially with the growth of titles Canada Netflix goes through each month.

However Canada Netflix really needs to work on its search features, its extremely weak that over 55% of all titles can only be found with a direct title search.

stealth131
02-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by reno97637
What type of prepaid credit card did you get? I got a Vanilla Mastercard and when I try to make a Netflix Account, they detect that I'm trying to use a prepaid card. at safeway they only sell one kind, its a visa something.

stealth131
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

Several forums I frequent have said Hulu is starting to block UsVideo and Netflix will be next on the list.

Having both a USA Netflix and Canada Netflix account I can honestly say for the extra $8 bucks a month IMO the additional content is not worth double the price; especially with the growth of titles Canada Netflix goes through each month.

However Canada Netflix really needs to work on its search features, its extremely weak that over 55% of all titles can only be found with a direct title search.

There's over 10x more content, you just gotta search for it!
if they do block it, i'll just change to a vpn..

big A
02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know a way of comparing the amount of titles between the two. So far I just searched for the same titles at .ca and .com but if I couldn't find it at one it wasn't at the other.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money. I know eight buck is no big deal but over a year it could be.

stealth131
02-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by big A
Does anyone know a way of comparing the amount of titles between the two. So far I just searched for the same titles at .ca and .com but if I couldn't find it at one it wasn't at the other.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money. I know eight buck is no big deal but over a year it could be. if you google it, there is over 10x more on the usa one. I have had both and know.

RawB8figure
02-19-2011, 11:40 PM
What kind of internet speeds do you need to run vpn and stream videos from netflick usa. I have shaw highspeed (7.5mbps). Also what what are you using to watch this on your tv?

big A
02-20-2011, 11:10 AM
My apologies stealth131, I noticed after doing days of what I thought was intelligent comparison of US to Can. that every time I went to a USnetflix it just redirected me to a Canadian one. It actually is tricky if you don't know to stay on a US site.
So now that I figured it out I think that your comment of 10X is an understatement.

For example there was three movies that I bought at HMV last night that were not on netcan but were on US and I also noticed seasons 1,2,3 of Sons is available only on the US.

Next step is to see if I can set this up with your instructions.

stealth131
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by RawB8figure
What kind of internet speeds do you need to run vpn and stream videos from netflick usa. I have shaw highspeed (7.5mbps). Also what what are you using to watch this on your tv? we have the exact same Internet and cAn stream 2 HD sources at once easy. I use my xbox and we also have it setup on the computers since you can activate 6 devices on 1 account.

stealth131
02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
My apologies stealth131, I noticed after doing days of what I thought was intelligent comparison of US to Can. that every time I went to a USnetflix it just redirected me to a Canadian one. It actually is tricky if you don't know to stay on a US site.
So now that I figured it out I think that your comment of 10X is an understatement.

For example there was three movies that I bought at HMV last night that were not on netcan but were on US and I also noticed seasons 1,2,3 of Sons is available only on the US.

Next step is to see if I can set this up with your instructions.
ya even Shows like southpark aren't available in Canada then I look on mine and I have seasons 1-12. Applys to so many shows .

I'm enjoying blue mountain state, heroes, the office and 24 right now

big A
02-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Well apparently on Telus you can't add a dns server address. So I just set up Canadian and save 8 buck.

A790
02-20-2011, 06:03 PM
We have USA netflix at our house in Vegas... what a difference in programming.

Stupid cross-border laws.

stealth131
02-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by A790
We have USA netflix at our house in Vegas... what a difference in programming.

Stupid cross-border laws. I have it at my Calgary house , ya the difference is huge.

To the previous post it only costs me 5 dollars extra a month...
Yes you can add a dns with telus... It's the router not the provider.

dollarbillz
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
how do you do this with the Dir-655 by dlink

Despair*
02-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by dollarbillz
how do you do this with the Dir-655 by dlink

https://portal.usvideo.org/knowledgebase/18/Setting-up-DLink-Routers.html

funkedelic2
02-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Not 100% sure but I think if you add a US shipping address to your credit card, it should work. This will save you the hassle of having to get a prepaid card.

Kind of annoying to do all these steps but it's worth it. US content is so much better. Go on the US site and browse the content if you are unsure.

We get such limited selection in Canada AND it costs more? What a rip off

rage2
02-28-2011, 02:12 PM
You don't need to sign up to usvideo. It's just a DNS deal, use a free US DNS server.

Google: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Level3: 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2

Same deal with my US iTunes setup:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/250150/how-to-setup-an-itunes-us-account-in-canada/

Just tested at work using google's DNS, and sure enough, my US netflix account works perfectly.

mix123
02-28-2011, 07:05 PM
So how are you guys paying for this? I signed up for Entropay for a virtual card but they want me to fax them a million things to verify. Are there any other ways? Or just a prepaid US card from safeway row whatever?

Rarasaurus
03-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Well apparently on Telus you can't add a dns server address. So I just set up Canadian and save 8 buck.

This seems to be correct. You can go into the advanced settings of the router on the limited Telus "admin" router page and change them. This however stops your phone or TV from working assuming you are on their optik system.

The way around this is to have a seperate router for internet and wireless and just use the Telus provided one to run TV and Phone.

If anyone finds a better solution please let me know as i do not want to run two routers if i can avoid it. I tried changing the Dns in the windows network settings however that does not seem to work.

rage2
03-01-2011, 12:21 AM
If you're using netflix off a computer, just set the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and you're good to go. If you are already logged into netflix with a CDN account, log out, and close your browser. Go to www.netflix.com and voila, US version.

If you're using an Apple TV, you can do the same thing, use DHCP but manual DNS servers. If you're using anything else, just setup a static IP on your network and manually configure DNS as well.

vengie
03-01-2011, 01:02 AM
How do you change the DNS server settings on a Macbook Pro? Under Network Connections I assume?

RickDaTuner
03-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by rage2
If you're using netflix off a computer, just set the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and you're good to go. If you are already logged into netflix with a CDN account, log out, and close your browser. Go to www.netflix.com and voila, US version.

If you're using an Apple TV, you can do the same thing, use DHCP but manual DNS servers. If you're using anything else, just setup a static IP on your network and manually configure DNS as well.

works like a charm

Thanks Rage

vengie
03-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

works like a charm

Thanks Rage

Did you have to re-sign up? using a US address? or did you use your existing netflix account info?

RickDaTuner
03-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by vengie

Did you have to re-sign up? using a US address? or did you use your existing netflix account info?

yeah you do need to sign up again with an American based CC, I just used my BoA Visa:thumbsup:

vengie
03-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

yeah you do need to sign up again with an American based CC, I just used my BoA Visa:thumbsup:

Oh right on! I will head to safeway and pick one up tomorrow
:thumbsup:

Sdeibert
03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by vengie

Oh right on! I will head to safeway and pick one up tomorrow
:thumbsup:

Let me know how the credit card works, I was gonna get the vanilla MasterCard but people were saying it doesn't work?

Rarasaurus
03-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I used that safeway card and it let me sign up for netflix USA but when i log in and go to stream movies i still have not been able to get it work.

Sdeibert
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Rarasaurus
I used that safeway card and it let me sign up for netflix USA but when i log in and go to stream movies i still have not been able to get it work.

Which card was that? The ones I saw were like a christmas card, 25,50,100 and then there was a orange one. Both were Visa's.

Rarasaurus
03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
I only saw one it was a white and red package. 50$ "Gift Card" or comething like that.

At first it did not let me put in a usa zip code. I put in a canadian one and registered then i phone the visa number on the back and told them to change my address on file. They did so no problem. It then worked to set up a US account with a matching US zip code.

stealth131
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Sorry I haven't checked this thread for a while, if you have any questions pm me. It's still working 100 percent on my xbox and pc's :thumbsup:

Rarasaurus
03-03-2011, 10:49 AM
I got it to work with USVideo.org but last night the connection seemed slow with their service. I have not been able to get it to work with Rage2's way.

rage2
03-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Look like netflix changed something. My method stopped working as of last night too. Serves me right for revealing my secrets. :rofl:

Had to reconnect to USVideo to get it working. And yea, if you're getting bad connection, it's not USVideo. All they're providing is DNS services, you're still connecting directly to the Netflix servers.

stealth131
03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Look like netflix changed something. My method stopped working as of last night too. Serves me right for revealing my secrets. :rofl:

Had to reconnect to USVideo to get it working. And yea, if you're getting bad connection, it's not USVideo. All they're providing is DNS services, you're still connecting directly to the Netflix servers. This, I can stream 2 HD shows fine with my connection through this service.

Rarasaurus
03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
You are correct. It was not USvideo it was the fact that my optik pvr was recording 2 hd shows that I forgot about.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
03-04-2011, 11:56 PM
How can I do this for my xbox?

stealth131
03-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
How can I do this for my xbox? Just follow the steps I posted on the first page. It works great on my xbox and every device on the network.

Rarasaurus
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
For xbox do you have the gold membership? If so is a US gold membership or will a canadian one work?

stealth131
03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
I have Canadian gold memebership.

focusdriv3r
03-10-2011, 10:11 AM
rage would this work for udating my apple tv to american specs so i can get nba game time?

stealth131
03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by focusdriv3r
rage would this work for udating my apple tv to american specs so i can get nba game time? as long as it's on the same network and it cant detect the device is only to be used in canada

focusdriv3r
03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
should i just download itunes usa and restore my apple tv to whatever?

Tik-Tok
03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm not familiar with using proxies at all, can you set up USvideo on just one Xbox, or do you HAVE to change your router so all your devices are going through them? (I use one xbox for video's/netflix, and another for gaming, and would prefer my computer settings stays on this side of the border)

stealth131
03-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'm not familiar with using proxies at all, can you set up USvideo on just one Xbox, or do you HAVE to change your router so all your devices are going through them? (I use one xbox for video's/netflix, and another for gaming, and would prefer my computer settings stays on this side of the border) You can change just 1 device if you want, I did my whole network since with this service it doesn't slow down your connection like a vpn would. I still get the same pings for online games using usvideo.

stealth131
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
:banghead: Think we tossed out my prepaid visa card. Anyone know how to recover it?

Tik-Tok
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Okay here's the steps:

1. http://usvideo.org/ sign up on there
2. follow the directions depending on what kind of router you have. It is just editing the dns server under your router page.
3. go to safeway or such and buy a prepaid visa card.
4. on the card there is a website, go there and register your card with a usa address. I used a car dealership.
5. make sure under country you still pick canada.
6. now when you go on usa netflix it won't say sorry you are not in the usa. You can proceed to sign up.
7. use the same info you used registering your prepaid visa.
8. Good to go! :bigpimp:

When signing up for the usvideo, you can use a normal visa, or paypal.

Happy to report, I'm on Netflix USA now.

For clarity, this is the card I bought from Safeway, except I couldn't find any site that you put your address in.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/IMG_1200.jpg

Just for a trial period, after signing up for the 1 week free USVideo, I created a new US Xbox Live account (using a 1 month Gold card I got free with BlackOps I think, and a fake address 123 Fake Street, Great Falls, MT), and 1 month free US Netflix account. The Prepaid credit card got me that far, so I'm going to assume it will automatically deduct from the card in 30 days.

If you're trying this, be sure to note the following, because it took me all afternoon to figure out WTF I was doing wrong (doesn't help that I've been awake for 32 hours straight now, lol)

-Be sure to sign OUT of netflix Canada on your computer, if you already have an account there. Otherwise when you go through USVideo, and try getting onto Netflix USA, an error message pops up, and you can't sign in.

-Change your Primary and Secondary DNS on both your router, and your Xbox. If you don't, Netflix (on xbox) will just keep asking you to sign into a gold account, even if you are.

-If you already have Netflix Can. on your media player (xbox, apple tv, etc.) ERASE the data on the unit. For xbox, there's 3 items under Harddrive->Games->Netflix. It kept going to Netflix Can, with my Can.Live account, even though I was logged into both Live and Netflix under the US accounts.

-You can't have just your xbox with the proxy, at least I don't know how. If I change my router back to normal, and keep the xbox DNS settings as the proxy, Netflix doesn't work at all.

When my Gold trial expires, I'll see if I can use my Canadian Xbox Live account.

Troll-ol
04-11-2011, 05:56 PM

Happy to report, I'm on Netflix USA now.

For clarity, this is the card I bought from Safeway, except I couldn't find any site that you put your address in.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/IMG_1200.jpg

Just for a trial period, after signing up for the 1 week free USVideo, I created a new US Xbox Live account (using a 1 month Gold card I got free with BlackOps I think, and a fake address 123 Fake Street, Great Falls, MT), and 1 month free US Netflix account. The Prepaid credit card got me that far, so I'm going to assume it will automatically deduct from the card in 30 days.

If you're trying this, be sure to note the following, because it took me all afternoon to figure out WTF I was doing wrong (doesn't help that I've been awake for 32 hours straight now, lol)

-Be sure to sign OUT of netflix Canada on your computer, if you already have an account there. Otherwise when you go through USVideo, and try getting onto Netflix USA, an error message pops up, and you can't sign in.

-Change your Primary and Secondary DNS on both your router, and your Xbox. If you don't, Netflix (on xbox) will just keep asking you to sign into a gold account, even if you are.

-If you already have Netflix Can. on your media player (xbox, apple tv, etc.) ERASE the data on the unit. For xbox, there's 3 items under Harddrive->Games->Netflix. It kept going to Netflix Can, with my Can.Live account, even though I was logged into both Live and Netflix under the US accounts.

-You can't have just your xbox with the proxy, at least I don't know how. If I change my router back to normal, and keep the xbox DNS settings as the proxy, Netflix doesn't work at all.

When my Gold trial expires, I'll see if I can use my Canadian Xbox Live account. I use the Canadian live and it works fine with usa netflix :)

Yes in 30 days it will start taking off the card.

Sorry I forgot to put the part about deleting and reinstalling netflix on the xbox.

Troll-ol
04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Netflix is retarded, it says they put my card on hold and to update the info... Being smart I now get Netflix USA for free ;)

rage2
04-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Interesting, accidently discovered the usvideo service does more than netflix and hulu. BBC iplayer all of a suddenly works! So for all you top gear junkies, you can watch BBC live in HD, or old episodes, via iplayer.

JfuckinC
04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Fuck i need to do this so i get Gundam haha..

Troll-ol
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Interesting, accidently discovered the usvideo service does more than netflix and hulu. BBC iplayer all of a suddenly works! So for all you top gear junkies, you can watch BBC live in HD, or old episodes, via iplayer. Also get pandora and such too:D

Update for those wondering : my usa netflix has been working for 3 months now.

Sdeibert
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
The visa prepaid card isn't working for me anymore... Netflix is saying my account isn't working and even if update the info it won't work.

I was reading you could use a prepaid card on pay pal but wasn't sure?? Anyone tried it this way.

Troll-ol
04-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm not familiar with using proxies at all, can you set up USvideo on just one Xbox, or do you HAVE to change your router so all your devices are going through them? (I use one xbox for video's/netflix, and another for gaming, and would prefer my computer settings stays on this side of the border) You can do a single device IF you can change the dns on it. I just did my whole network since it doesn't even effect my online pings.

r0g3r
04-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey i tried one of the prepaid mastercards but it doesn't seem to work...any way to get around this?

Tik-Tok
04-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Troll-ol
You can do a single device IF you can change the dns on it. I just did my whole network since it doesn't even effect my online pings.

You know you already answered that question right? Lol.
Though it doesn't work on xbox. I tried just changing it, leaving my modem settings Canadian, and no go.

focusdriv3r
04-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by r0g3r
Hey i tried one of the prepaid mastercards but it doesn't seem to work...any way to get around this?

Did you try to register the card on the website? Use a american zip code

Troll-ol
04-24-2011, 12:49 PM

You know you already answered that question right? Lol.
Though it doesn't work on xbox. I tried just changing it, leaving my modem settings Canadian, and no go. Then you must have made a mistake somewhere.

To answer the other question I used a prepaid visa and registered to
To a USA car dealership.. Same with the netflix

Sdeibert
04-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by focusdriv3r

Did you try to register the card on the website? Use a american zip code

I found that out a couple days ago too that the Prepaid Visa's aren't working anymore.. At least the point were it will let you sign up but it wont debit the card.

People were saying you need to sign up to USA Paypal and use your Prepaid card that way, although i've misplaced/"gf threw away"... my card :banghead: so i'll have to wait till I get another before I can get it setup again.

Sdeibert
04-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Just to update this..

It seems you need to sign up with an American address first and use a credit card that has the same address on file. The prepaid Visa's work to set up an account with an American address and then use your own credit card to update the account and it will work. My visa has already been debited so I know for sure it works this way.

shakalaka
04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Wow seems like so much hassle just to get the American Netflix. Guess am just too lazy/don't care enough to do al that. Just making do with my Canadian Netflix.

Troll-ol
04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Wow seems like so much hassle just to get the American Netflix. Guess am just too lazy/don't care enough to do al that. Just making do with my Canadian Netflix. Have fun watching tree house while I'm watching top gear season 1-13 :D

shakalaka
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Haha Canadian one has seasons 9-12. It's what I've been watching lately. I've seen pretty much every single one of them anyway. Haha

r3ccOs
05-16-2011, 10:05 AM
are there any other proxy/dns services in the case usvideo.org will be blocked?

Also what Visa prepaid card are you guys buying?

Troll-ol
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
are there any other proxy/dns services in the case usvideo.org will be blocked?

Also what Visa prepaid card are you guys buying? usvideo still works fine, I just use the prepaid visa and it still works fine, ive been running it for like 5 months.

da9integ
05-16-2011, 10:48 AM
can you just sign up with the prepaid visa and keep topping it up to use netflix that way? I was told that using any prepaid credit card wont work??

Troll-ol
05-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by da9integ
can you just sign up with the prepaid visa and keep topping it up to use netflix that way? I was told that using any prepaid credit card wont work?? Well it works for me, I just registered it and it's good to go.

da9integ
05-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Well it works for me, I just registered it and it's good to go.

are you using the canadian or usa netflix?

Troll-ol
05-16-2011, 10:59 AM

are you using the canadian or usa netflix? the usa netflix, I made the thread and the guide.

r3ccOs
05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
really this is ridiculously easy... will try on my ps3...

I'll go pickup a card @ Safeway, then register it for the US
Signup for usvideo.org
Signup for Netflix USA
point my ps3's primary/secondary DNS to reflect usvideo.org
Delete Netflix CA, and download Netflix USA

login and it should work...

Troll-ol
05-16-2011, 01:31 PM
really this is ridiculously easy... will try on my ps3...

I'll go pickup a card @ Safeway, then register it for the US
Signup for usvideo.org
Signup for Netflix USA
point my ps3's primary/secondary DNS to reflect usvideo.org
Delete Netflix CA, and download Netflix USA

login and it should work... If you're using it on xbox or ps3 make sure you delete both the netflix app and the saved credentials

r3ccOs
05-16-2011, 01:38 PM
If you're using it on xbox or ps3 make sure you delete both the netflix app and the saved credentials

anything specific to clear the credentials?

Troll-ol
05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
on my xbox there was 3 things i had to delete, the app, the update, and credentials. all stored under games on the hard drive.

da9integ
05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
the usa netflix, I made the thread and the guide.

Do you know if you can use a prepaid credit card for netflix Canada also?

Troll-ol
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM

Do you know if you can use a prepaid credit card for netflix Canada also? I don't see why not, you do spend 5 dollars extra on a prepaid visa though, so if you can use a real one I would.

r3ccOs
05-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Alright! got me all setup...

went to safeway, bought a pre-paid card and registered an account on Netflix usa (have to click the "usa" at the bottom a few times)

then registered for usvideo.org with a pay-pal account, configred my DNS with the provided ones from usvideo...

pressed start + select when starting Netflix, signed in with my new ID and voila it works!

The only thing I have any kind of apprehensions with is specifically with the $5 admin charges and the $5 charge per month with the netflix account... anyone try just changing it with a canadian credit card on the site, being that we've already registered?

Troll-ol
05-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Alright! got me all setup...

went to safeway, bought a pre-paid card and registered an account on Netflix usa (have to click the "usa" at the bottom a few times)

then registered for usvideo.org with a pay-pal account, configred my DNS with the provided ones from usvideo...

pressed start + select when starting Netflix, signed in with my new ID and voila it works!

The only thing I have any kind of apprehensions with is specifically with the $5 admin charges and the $5 charge per month with the netflix account... anyone try just changing it with a canadian credit card on the site, being that we've already registered? I tried that off the start, it knows my real card is from Canada and doesn't work. I dont mind paying 13 dollars a month for a wayyy better service than the Canada netflix.

r3ccOs
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I tried that off the start, it knows my real card is from Canada and doesn't work. I dont mind paying 13 dollars a month for a wayyy better service than the Canada netflix.

If I wasn't such a sports fiend, I'd get rid of cable all together (though I was put on a wicked $22 a month deal from Telus retentions for optic pvr/hdsports/hd)

this is really good, but also you gotta factor in the other $5 for the usvideo.org dns/proxy services.

but still $18 a month, very good value!

I'm pissed that the visa pre-paid isn't reloadable.

aypi
05-28-2011, 01:38 AM

I'm pissed that the visa pre-paid isn't reloadable.

so whats going to happen once the visa is empty? you have to register again? i'm planning to do this today.

Troll-ol
05-28-2011, 04:03 PM

If I wasn't such a sports fiend, I'd get rid of cable all together (though I was put on a wicked $22 a month deal from Telus retentions for optic pvr/hdsports/hd)

this is really good, but also you gotta factor in the other $5 for the usvideo.org dns/proxy services.

but still $18 a month, very good value!

I'm pissed that the visa pre-paid isn't reloadable. No 13 total. It's 8 a month plus 5 for us video

r3ccOs
05-29-2011, 04:30 PM
No 13 total. It's 8 a month plus 5 for us video

what pre-paid card are you using?

Everytime u use a Visa pre-paid, there is a default $5 surcharge for every use.... I don't mine $13, but that's bullcrap

Tik-Tok
05-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Alright, this shit is just not working out for me.

The first free month was fine, and it will accept the credit card information, but it won't actually charge my Gift Card Visa, and the next day, it suspends my account again. I had a co-worker in the US bring me back a US gift card Visa, and tried that, but then Netflix says it "Doesn't accept Gift Cards" :(

So basically, the only was to do it, is to keep creating new email address's, and keep getting 1 month free. (but still using USVideo/UnblockUS)

I'm not sure how long that would work, until they IP block you :rofl:

r3ccOs
05-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Alright, this shit is just not working out for me.

The first free month was fine, and it will accept the credit card information, but it won't actually charge my Gift Card Visa, and the next day, it suspends my account again. I had a co-worker in the US bring me back a US gift card Visa, and tried that, but then Netflix says it "Doesn't accept Gift Cards" :(

So basically, the only was to do it, is to keep creating new email address's, and keep getting 1 month free. (but still using USVideo/UnblockUS)

I'm not sure how long that would work, until they IP block you :rofl:

are you sure about any pre-paid visa's? I think its contingent on the bin provider, so its about finding one... I mean usvideo.org recommends the Safeway Vancity one.

aypi
05-30-2011, 06:04 PM
can anyone tell me how to change the DNS setting on my shaw SMC router?

i log in but i cant find it. lol

btw its a SMC smc8014wn

nvm. i didnt change my setting on my router. i just change the setting on my daughters Wii and my iphone and it works. i can watch netflix usa now. :thumbsup: