PDA

View Full Version : Question about importing from States

Big_Fat
02-16-2011, 06:31 PM
I have noticed that there does not really seem to be any 90,s hondas imported here from the states. So my question is if i wanted to bring a Integra over from the states is it possible? I have seen some Type R's going for cheap and they have a better selection. So is it possible?

Big_Fat
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safevehicles/importation/usa/vafus/list2/HONDA___ACURA.htm I guess it looks like it wouldn't be an issue..black itr here i come!

Redlyne_mr2
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
I think no one bothers doing it because it doesn't make financial sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but ITRs sell for the same down there as they do here.

Graham_A_M
02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
^ This.... Why go through the trouble of bringing a Honda over. :dunno: An almost new S2000, sure... but an Intergra Type R?
:confused:
Seems to be a fair bit of trouble for what its worth. Like almost every other USDM car its entirely possible, but you really need to do your homework as to whether that makes sense to do it. After you pay GST on it, have the two inspections plus all the other costs involved, Im sure it would merely pan out. :dunno:

Kittens11
02-17-2011, 02:14 AM
I figured as much it was more just the cost associated to bring it over. I will have to look into the other costs associated with importing but there are some good deals to be had down there and I am kean on a authentic black itr which you can't get in canada.

chkolny541
02-17-2011, 06:59 AM
100% wont make financial sense, but i do understand if the OP was looking for something very specific that cant be found here.

so kittens11=big_fat im guessing

BigShow
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM
You'd be paying an additional 11% (gst + tariff) not including inspections/modifications right off the bat, agreeing with above comments.

Kittens11
02-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Yes i was the op i forgot to log him out. Well i am now looking at an 06 wrx clean title, 40xxx miles for around $12500. I have a friend at work that brought an 06 sti with 50xxx miles bone stock in last week from the same dealership i am looking at in portland and he was able to get it up here said and done for $21000. He is gona give me a hand with the process he has done a few cars and he says it really isnt hard aslong as you pick the right vehicles. What are your guys opinons if i could get the car up here for $14000 not including a plane ticket i think it would be a decent deal.