PDA

View Full Version : help - looking to buy: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS *VS* Panasonic DMC-TS2A

canadian_hustla
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I know pretty much nothing about cameras so any help will be useful! My employer has offered me some "company reward points" which will allow me to get one of the two above cameras. Sure they are probably older models...

I am looking for a camera which I can take on vacation, best pictures etc. basically the best bang for the buck

At first glance the Panasonic has more mega-pixels than the canon, however the canon seems to have better reviews. What would you pick? Please vote in my poll and reply with any opinions.

Thanks!

Mitsu3000gt
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Two very different cameras. The Canon would be my pick for sure - a lot more camera considering you get it for free. The Panasonic is waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, etc. but all at the expense of things like picture quality & zoom. It would be good for dragging around with you and your buddies at an all inclusive or something. For everything else, I would take the Canon. The Canon is also much bigger, if you care. You can put the Panasonic in your pocket no problem.

So, basically it comes down to what you're going to use it for and how big of a camera you want.

muse017
02-18-2011, 12:06 AM
I would definitely pick Canon one over Panasonic unless you need waterproof ability for your vacation. In general, those waterproof/shock proof camera doesn't take good pictures compare to other P&S cameras due to it's optical structure.

canadian_hustla
02-20-2011, 11:16 AM
yeah i am leaning more towards the cannon...