PDA

View Full Version : Halfpipe

bosa
09-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Im a skater,and theres no where around my area to skateboard really.So I was thinking,why not build a halfpipe?I was wondering what tools I would need and stuff.But another problem.I would have no where to put it.I asked my parents if I could put in the backyard,but theres no room.So I need an abandon lot or somethin.So do any of you guys have any ideas or anything?:dunno: I really appreciate it.Thanks alot,CivicLover:thumbsup:

Hakkola
09-08-2002, 08:52 PM
In an abandoned lot it won't last very long. People don't have respect for property, especially something like that, I don't think the city would like it much either.

I know they can be easily built, an old neighbour built one himself in his back yard a long time ago, Not sure how he did it, it was pretty good though.

bosa
09-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Anyone else have an idea of what I can do about my situation?

bosa
09-08-2002, 09:59 PM
And im aware that a halfpipe is a large object that can take up a good portion of my backyard or where ever I put it.I know they are not little "mommy can I get a skate ramp?"toys that get shoved into the closet when skating is over.I may just get a 3' pipe,so it wont take up alot of room,but I can still be able to catch air and grind.

[GaGe]
09-08-2002, 11:16 PM
I have quite a few playgrounds in my community. I just go there and grind the bikeracks and benches and shit. And finally a skateboarder to talk to.. Hehehe. What type of deck do you have? And what tricks can you do?

bosa
09-09-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
I have quite a few playgrounds in my community. I just go there and grind the bikeracks and benches and shit. And finally a skateboarder to talk to.. Hehehe. What type of deck do you have? And what tricks can you do?

Im riding a shorty's.I can do flip tricks,spin tricks,grinds,slides.

Redlyne_mr2
09-09-2002, 04:26 PM
thers no such thing as an abandon lot in calgary, the problem with constructign your own pipe is that it requires alot of room, ton sof wood and lots of tiem and effort buildign it, plus then you haev to deal with other people using it and then once someone gets hurt down it goes.

[GaGe]
09-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR

Im riding a shorty's.I can do flip tricks,spin tricks,grinds,slides.

Well I'm riding a cheap squeege deck, but after i can do more tricks, i'm gonna try to get a birdhouse deck. :thumbsup: I can do grinds and fliptricks, and some spin tricks.

bosa
09-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
thers no such thing as an abandon lot in calgary, the problem with constructign your own pipe is that it requires alot of room, ton sof wood and lots of tiem and effort buildign it, plus then you haev to deal with other people using it and then once someone gets hurt down it goes.

Well all my friends are pretty good at riding,so I dont think they would fall on the basic tricks,same with me.But if someone went down,no one would find out.Unless they were a dumbass that didn't wear a helmet or pads.And if they were a big wuss,and they started crying so loud that someone would report the situation,maybe they shouldn't skate.But I could maybe understand if they broke a bone.

Ben
09-09-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR

Well all my friends are pretty good at riding,so I dont think they would fall on the basic tricks,same with me.But if someone went down,no one would find out.Unless they were a dumbass that didn't wear a helmet or pads.And if they were a big wuss,and they started crying so loud that someone would report the situation,maybe they shouldn't skate.But I could maybe understand if they broke a bone.

Dude, this is skateboarding, someone always biffs and bails on an easy trick!

Note Exhibit A:

Skate Bif and Bail. (http://members.albertacars.net/~benny/skater2.avi)

turboMiata
09-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Hey man,

Calgary has one of the best skate parks in the world, period. Shell out that extra buck seventy five and hop on the C-train to Milli.

Building stunts on private property isn't right and it only gives skaters a bad name. As it is now, skaters and freeriders like me already have a bad rep to certain people.

Ferio_vti
09-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
Hey man,

Calgary has one of the best skate parks in the world, period. Shell out that extra buck seventy five and hop on the C-train to Milli.

Building stunts on private property isn't right and it only gives skaters a bad name. As it is now, skaters and freeriders like me already have a bad rep to certain people.

Werd. I don't board, but skaters are fine by me long as they don't do it in public and damage property, etc.
Keep it where it should be, off sidewalks and old people.
All good, just be smart about it.

bosa
09-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Ya I know that someone may bail because of a messup,I think I worded my post wrong.And ya Ive gone to Milli. a couple times a month but I cant always be spendin money to go down there.So I need a place to skate and stuff,where no jackass cops tell me no skating here.I go to my friends house and he has a kinked rail and a straight rail,a bench,and a jump,but thats it.So not much fun,when I've done everything on it.