PDA

View Full Version : LF: Rental in Fernie (or Sparwood)

dirtsniffer
02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm moving to Fernie (or Sparwood) as of may 1 to work for 16 months. Do you guys have any idea onwhere to look for places? I was planning on driving down next week to put up some posters in drug and grocery stores but I was hoping to also find someone who hels people find places.

I am assuming there would be someone like this because of all the seasonal stuff going on and due to all the mining in the area. Hopefully I can keep my rent to >1000 a month, is this reasonable for someone who is ok with roughing it for a while?

Basically I'm looking for any advice on the matter, and if you have any idea on what it's like to live there or which town to live in, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks a lot.

Sean.

ipeefreely
02-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Hey guys, I'm moving to Fernie (or Sparwood) as of may 1 to work for 16 months. Do you guys have any idea onwhere to look for places? I was planning on driving down next week to put up some posters in drug and grocery stores but I was hoping to also find someone who hels people find places.

I am assuming there would be someone like this because of all the seasonal stuff going on and due to all the mining in the area. Hopefully I can keep my rent to >1000 a month, is this reasonable for someone who is ok with roughing it for a while?

Basically I'm looking for any advice on the matter, and if you have any idea on what it's like to live there or which town to live in, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks a lot.

Sean.

Have a look in the Crowsnest Pass… Lots of people who work in Sparwood live in the Pass.

It only about a half hour drive to the mines and you don’t have to pay BC taxes! :devil:

My friend has a lives in Blairemore, I’ve been down there many times it’s really nice quiet area. :thumbsup: