PDA

View Full Version : Does an aftermarket CAI void warranty?

Palmiros
02-19-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm looking to purchase an aftermarket cold air intake for my 300. The standard warranty is still in effect on the vehicle, as well as additional extended warranty.
Would an aftermarket CAI such as K&N/etc void said warranty?
I've been reading responses on various forums and it seems like there is no definitive answer. I have come across this link (http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm) but I'm not sure if it applies to Canada as well, or just the US?!
Thanks in advance.

tictactoe2004
02-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Why don't you just call the dealership you get your service done at?

Skrilla
02-19-2011, 02:46 PM
our dealership policy is basically if you needed warranty work and the problem turned out to be because of the modification then yes its void for that problem...(ie. you hydrolock your engine because your CAI sucked up water)

however you need to watch this because I know some dealers will always say it was because of the add-on. But I haven't seen any issues, except diesel owners who cut out the DPF filters..

Hope that gives you some insight.

dj_rice
02-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I work at Nissan dealer, and our stance on the aftermarket parts and warranty is same as what skrilla said.

Also, whats funny is, even if the aftermarket part is dealer installed, say for example, you install a new CAI and your MAF breaks. Just because dealer installed it, your warranty is still voided because this was an aftermarket add-on.

Skrilla
02-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I work at Nissan dealer, and our stance on the aftermarket parts and warranty is same as what skrilla said.

Also, whats funny is, even if the aftermarket part is dealer installed, say for example, you install a new CAI and your MAF breaks. Just because dealer installed it, your warranty is still voided because this was an aftermarket add-on.

Yep same here...unless it is a manufacture made..like in my case I work for GM so if it was a GMPerformance part than it is covered...but if it was dealer installed "injen" or AEM type then no it is not.

gyu
02-19-2011, 04:29 PM
I hope Airdrie Honda has the same policy as the dealerships you guys work at.