PDA

View Full Version : "That's not the real me. I'm better than that."

A790
02-19-2011, 08:34 AM
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/02/19/17337716.html

Guillermo
02-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Man slashed smoker with butcher knife

EDMONTON - An Edmonton thug, who left a man's face permanently scarred after slashing him with a butcher knife when he refused to give him a smoke, has been put behind bars.

Cory Oldwoman, 21, was handed a five-year prison sentence Friday in provincial court after earlier pleading guilty to aggravated assault for the Dec. 8, 2009, attack.

After calling it "an unprovoked assault on a random individual who was outside a cab peacefully smoking a cigarette," Judge John Henderson said Oldwoman had to be separated from society to protect the public from him.

"That promotes fear in society," said Henderson, adding it was aggravating that the attack was "random, gratuitous and relentless" and left the victim with "permanent scarring" and "emotional and psychological damage."

Court heard victim Patrick Kennedy had been at a Christmas party on the night of the attack and was returning home by taxi with a man and a woman. As the other man helped the woman carry things to her Stadium-area apartment, Kennedy stood outside smoking a cigarette.

About 11:45 p.m., Oldwoman approached Kennedy and asked him for a cigarette. Kennedy refused, but handed the man the remainder of the one he was smoking.

He then tried to get back in the cab, however Oldwoman blocked him and then, "without warning," pulled out a foot-long butcher knife and began repeatedly slashing him in the face and neck area.

Kennedy's friend saw the attack as he exited the apartment building near 84 Street and 109 Avenue and ran over and pulled Oldwoman off of him. The knife was dropped and Oldwoman fled, however police arrested him a short time later near the Clareview LRT station.

Court heard Kennedy's blood was found on both the butcher knife and the clothing Oldwoman was wearing.

Henderson noted Kennedy suffered "significant" injuries to his face and neck that required 60 stitches.

In a victim impact statement, Kennedy said he has "recurring dreams" about the slashing most nights and is fearful of leaving his home and suffers panic attacks.

He also said he has four "massive" scars on his face that cause him constant pain and have altered his looks.

"People look funny at me everywhere and pre-judge me just by looking at me before they even meet me," said Kennedy, adding he also lost his girlfriend as she and her family were too worried about what had happened.

As well, he said he gets severe headaches and has numbness where the slashing wounds caused nerve damage.

Oldwoman apologized for the attack, despite claiming he blacked out and doesn't recall doing it, and said he has "sent his heart out" to the victim and his family.

"That's not the real me," said Oldwoman. "I'm a better person than that."

Oldwoman was given 28 months credit for time spent in pre-trial custody, leaving him with 32 months to serve.

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/02/19/slashed.jpg&size=256x600&quality=85

theken
02-19-2011, 10:42 AM
That's brutal

tictactoe2004
02-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Canadas legal system (or lack thereof) disgusts me.

JustGo
02-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Oldwoman: "I'm sorry, I'll never do it again... until next time.... and the time after that...."

Judge: "You sound sincere, you're a free man."

SJW
02-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Worst person worst last name

dj_rice
02-19-2011, 04:56 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41766_1647774106_8612_n.jpg

This may or may not be him but how did I guess he was going to be Native American. Majority of them in Edmonton are thugs from what I've seen living in the ghetto of Clareview.

Mar
02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Smoking really does kill.

Jlude
02-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41766_1647774106_8612_n.jpg

This may or may not be him but how did I guess he was going to be Native American. Majority of them in Edmonton are thugs from what I've seen living in the ghetto of Clareview.

Majority of them I've seen in my life act like thugs. True Talk.

Jetta-2.0
02-20-2011, 01:12 AM
im sure he wishes he gave up 1 smoke better then gettinf what he got :banghead:

HungryJack
02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Classy^^

PremiumRSX
02-21-2011, 01:29 AM
http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2011/02/18/248butcherknife.jpg

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2011/02/18/17333701.html

Scum... 5 years is too easy for such a brutal and random attack.

syritis
02-21-2011, 01:53 AM
I have a hard time believing that anyone in canada is capable of this without the use of drugs.

but then again i'm amazed everyday how people get a drivers license.

Jetta-2.0
02-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by syritis

but then again i'm amazed everyday how people get a drivers license.

:rofl: :rofl:

codetrap
02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Blacked out. Bullshit. This guy is another example of why I think we should have mandatory organ donation in prisons. Anyone in for violent crime gets typed, and if someone needs your parts, you donate them no matter what. At least then in death you can do some good for society. Maybe the knowledge of Damocles Sword hanging over their heads would help their decision making process before they commit such stupid crimes.

dandia89
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
oldwoman.... really?

frizzlefry
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
This is the POS right here:
Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001596450158&sk=wall)

roll_over
02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Imma fenda serve my bid, penn life nukka. This kid sounds pround to get a rap. Maybe this will launch his rap career?

His face book says he only has to serve 30 months because he has a 28 month credit...

chkolny541
02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
^^LOOOL everyone posting on his page is acting so hood

Afrodeziak
02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
peeps are allowed to use facebook from jail?

frizzlefry
02-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Apparently him and all his friends missed the momo where only African Americans are allowed to use the "n" word in refrence to eachother. No kidding natives have lost their culture, they all think they are black.

gatorade
02-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by frizzlefry
Apparently him and all his friends missed the momo where only African Americans are allowed to use the "n" word in refrence to eachother. No kidding natives have lost their culture, they all think they are black.

Being colonized had nothing to do with it

calgary403
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
^^LOOOL everyone posting on his page is acting so hood

Thank God he didn't get ahold of his one buddy's zip gun!

N/m buddy changed the picture

syeve
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Cammon...really??

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=727662276

Graham_A_M
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
^ LOL, I love this part

Wrong Pookie Sugarpuff Blackkettle? Search for others:

Spoons
02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
peeps are allowed to use facebook from jail?

Yeah there is computers for them to use and shit, not all the time though.

I read a good portion of his FB status'. I feel dumb as shit now and took way longer than one should have took to read, but from what it sounds like he was already in CRC got out, slashed this guy, and is now heading right back in.

Salt of the earth right there...

clem24
02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
This is the POS right here:
Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001596450158&sk=wall)

Comments from his FB page:

Cory Olds
got 5 years but im credited 28 monthes so i have to serve 30 or so months
February 18 at 6:50pm · View Feedback (10)Hide Feedback (10)

o
Cory Olds might get parole within 10 months or so
February 18 at 6:51pm

:banghead: :facepalm:

frizzlefry
02-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Yeah there is computers for them to use and shit, not all the time though.

I read a good portion of his FB status'. I feel dumb as shit now and took way longer than one should have took to read, but from what it sounds like he was already in CRC got out, slashed this guy, and is now heading right back in.

Salt of the earth right there...

No kidding. I love the "Cya soon cuz" "love you hommie, get out soon" messages. If I did something like that, comments from my friends/family would be along the lines of "Don't bother calling when you get out, your disowned."

dexlargo
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by PremiumRSX
http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2011/02/18/248butcherknife.jpg

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2011/02/18/17333701.html

Scum... 5 years is too easy for such a brutal and random attack. He should get 5 years just for having a juggalo tattoo on his neck.

frizzlefry
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
From his facebook page dated december 2

"Pleaded guilty to "agrivated assult" sentancing put off till feb, and the bitch ass crown prosicuter is pushing for 6. But ill probably just get three. and at this point, i honestly dont give a fuuuuuuuck, Kinda seen it coming. Looks like pen time essay. Much love to er' body whos been supportin me."

6 days later he turned that poor guy into jigsaw because he would not give him a smoke. I disagree. From reading his facebook page I would say that it is, in fact, the real him.

z24_wheels
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
This shit makes my stomach turn. How can we seriously, as a society, put up with having members like this around?

polarice
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
From his facebook page dated december 2

"Pleaded guilty to "agrivated assult" sentancing put off till feb, and the bitch ass crown prosicuter is pushing for 6. But ill probably just get three. and at this point, i honestly dont give a fuuuuuuuck, Kinda seen it coming. Looks like pen time essay. Much love to er' body whos been supportin me."

6 days later he turned that poor guy into jigsaw because he would not give him a smoke. I disagree. From reading his facebook page I would say that it is, in fact, the real him.

Wrong year, the attack as per the article was in 2009. December 8 on his FB is from 2010.

I miss Julez and his butt massages but in better news my chrge for testing postive for thc got dismissed and i love it when the system is stupis as fuck. I have court next thursday wish me luck. Not guitly youll gotz ta feel me.
:whipped:

I now feel dumber for reading through his FB page. It amazes me the amount of criminals that have open FB profiles. Especially the ones that admit to committing crimes.

dandia89
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by polarice

Wrong year, the attack as per the article was in 2009. December 8 on his FB is from 2010.

:whipped:

I now feel dumber for reading through his FB page. It amazes me the amount of criminals that have open FB profiles. Especially the ones that admit to committing crimes.

why didn't the prosecution use any of this in court?

Sky
02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
They say cops are sufficient to protect us but I'd say licence to carry a firearm is the way to go. The attacker deserves to be shot.

dezmarez
02-22-2011, 08:43 PM
wow just reading back his facebook page before that and all his status updates.

cant believe guys like that exist.

:facepalm:

codetrap
02-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I think we should make him the poster boy for the death penalty.

SJW
02-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

syritis
02-23-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm going to skip my usual rank on natives and just sit here pissed off while my tax dollars are wasted.

SmAcKpOo
02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by syritis
I'm going to skip my usual rank on natives and just sit here pissed off while my tax dollars are wasted.

It's okay. With the rampant AIDS and hepatitis in the native community they are bound to die out. Only a matter of time.

frizzlefry
02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

It's okay. With the rampant AIDS and hepatitis in the native community they are bound to die out. Only a matter of time.

Don't know if you dug into his facebook profile and that of his friends but they all seem to be unmarried with 2 or 3 kids. They won't die out as they keep having kids. They will just die young. I know a bunch of native guys who are very successful and productive. The trick is to leave the reservation. By taking the government's "handouts" they are imprisioned by charity. Chances are much better for success if they leave the reservations but in order to do so they have to give up much of the government handouts, from what I understand anyways.