PDA

View Full Version : errm not smart?

Spooned
01-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Dunno if its anyone on here, but anyone drive a 90-93 ish white
civic HB with a AE-TUNING White sticker on the rear window? If so...

what the hell were u thinking trying to beat my Volvo 850 Turbo
dude! I mean granted my car weighs a ton, and its FWD, but
dude.... 90 ish civic, sounded stock....

I matched speeds with him to see what he was gonna do on
Anderson, then he "tried" to gun it, and then was suddenly in
my rear view mirror, i was pushing about 150 ish and by then he
was at least 10-15 car lengths back still pushing. I slowed down
after just incase their were cops at Elbow/Anderson and just
went 90 the rest of the way... and then he doesnt slow down
and thinks he won cause he passes me rofl... i hate people that
do that.

If your behind and the guy infront is way ahead then slows down
cause its already over.... dont go gunning by him to save face...

u got beat!
Volvo m56H = 225 hp
rahhhhh

no offense to you dude, hehe i know u had a chick in the car so i
guess i can't blame ya for tryin haha!

thought i'd post this hehe

gpomp
01-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Hmm, sounds familiar.

James
01-11-2004, 03:09 AM
lol, that guy cut my mom off the other day so then she gets beside him and give US a dirty look!... so my mom says "does he think he think he owns the road becuase he has a big crooked sticker on the back?" :dunno:.....what a chump

Spooned
01-11-2004, 03:29 AM
LoL Yeah... this guy wasn't really a great driver either. Cause when
i breaked to slow back down to 90 i breaked pretty hard... and of course
the dumbass is switching from the right most lane, to behind me,
to the left most lane in order to pass me, right while im breaking...

He almost smoked my rear while he did his lane change... sigh...

anyways... really, if your gonna try and show off to your girl,
make sure you win!?

and she didnt look very hot in my mirror rofl. she had a nice hair cut,
thats about all i could tell haha!:burnout:

i guess some of you have seen this guy around. I caught up to him
after a few lights, i followed him for a bit, dont think he knew it
was me till i was right behind him.

Once he found that out he started tapping his break lights when i
was closing in on him.... ya, one thing to street race "somewhat
safely"... its another thing to blatently "try" to cause and accident.

As far as i know he's in the
woodbine area somewhere, west of 24th street.

finboy
01-11-2004, 01:05 PM
LOL, nice kill

ZorroAMG
01-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow, that has GOT to be the best thread I have read in a LONG time, some guy in his mom's Volvo wagon trying to race a POS civic, and he's bitching about the other guy's streetracing skill...150 on Anderson? Moron.

I am officially less smart after reading this garbage.

redec
01-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Wow, that has GOT to be the best thread I have read in a LONG time, some guy in his mom's Volvo wagon trying to race a POS civic, and he's bitching about the other guy's streetracing skill...150 on Anderson? Moron.

I am officially less smart after reading this garbage. :werd:

R-Audi
01-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Here on Beyond we don't endorse street racing, try posting your "My Moms wagan beat your ***** somewhere else

Spooned
01-11-2004, 07:30 PM
errm didnt expect that response.. and i didnt really read the rules
about posting street encounters. my bad. wont happen again.

and it aint a wagon hehe its a sedan.:banghead:

yeah im not trying to "endorse" street racing so sorry bout that.
its just sometimes u get a little hot headed thats all.. sorry to all who i've offended...

ps. i thought m56 is the wagon, and m56h is the sedan?? maybe im wrong.. since im such a car nub.

R-Audi
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Just giving you a hard time, not really a big deal. But there are always tons of stories about useless idiot drivers.

VWbloke
01-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Having had an 850 turbo in the family a ways back, I can attest that they are a hoot to drive and really quite quick. I also know that they have terrible turbo-lag off the line, where there is literally a 1-2 second 'pause' before you get shoved back in your seat.

Now that the car has been long gone from our family garage, I'm quite curious to know how it would have compared to my current car. Also now that I've gotten chipped and am putting out noticeably more power, I'd be especially interested to compare the rolling acceleration between the two as my car suffers from some turbo-lag as well.

I'd welcome the chance to go up against your Volvo at Race City once Secret Street starts up again. I think it would be an interesting contest.

Whaddya say?

Cheers,

Chris.

max_boost
01-12-2004, 12:29 AM
You got owned by the 'ricer flyby' but it's ok:thumbsup:

Spooned
01-12-2004, 10:20 AM
hey VW, i'd like to try it sometime. although.... i've never been to race city or secret street before. LoL!

Plus i just got brand new yoko rubbers for summer, and i kinda wanna make em last a while. But we'll see what happens 8)

yeah the turbo lag on the 850 is really bad off the line. and the torque steer is horrendous. On average i'd say it takes about 1.5 seconds before u feel/hear the turbo spool.

On a rolling start its a hell of alot better, prolly around 0.5 seconds of lag i think, depending on what speed we're starting at.
30 is pretty fast, just stay in first for like 2 seconds till i hit 60 and off i go!

but yeah sounds interesting 8) we'll keep in touch.:thumbsup:

Dirty_SOHC
01-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Spooned
hey VW, i'd like to try it sometime. although.... i've never been to race city or secret street before. LoL!

Plus i just got brand new yoko rubbers for summer, and i kinda wanna make em last a while. But we'll see what happens 8)

yeah the turbo lag on the 850 is really bad off the line. and the torque steer is horrendous. On average i'd say it takes about 1.5 seconds before u feel/hear the turbo spool.

On a rolling start its a hell of alot better, prolly around 0.5 seconds of lag i think, depending on what speed we're starting at.
30 is pretty fast, just stay in first for like 2 seconds till i hit 60 and off i go!

but yeah sounds interesting 8) we'll keep in touch.:thumbsup:

Hey I wouldnt mind running you at race city in my civic,if you up to it. It could be fun:)

Spooned
01-12-2004, 10:48 AM
tell you what... i'll race you all when i get my mitts on one of these:

http://new.volvocars.com/r/us_index.asp

ok? :drool: :hitit: :drool:

hehehe as soon as i find out where racecity is and getinto that stuff then yeah it'd be sweet to actually push my car and see my times and such. we'll see what happens?

VWbloke
01-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I've never raced at Secret Street before either, but want to get into it this summer. I know what you mean about not wanting to shred your tires - I've got Pilot Sports on in the summer and don't want to have to spend money on replacing them. But I don't think that they will wear down excessively by doing a few runs every odd weekend (unless you like to do major burnouts).

6thGen.TUNER
01-12-2004, 01:16 PM
yah i saw that tool in woodbine too he was such a hard koor
cuts me off and thinks hes the hottest shit:thumbsdow

xkon
01-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Ive seen him there too, going 90+ on 24th Street :thumbsdow