PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to avoid a hangover?

Pages : [1] 2

Kobe
02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
EDIT: 2 ADVIL BEFORE BED IS THE CURE TO NO HANGOVERS!!

So I know the obvious reason will be not 2 drink, but I'm in Poland right now, and after a full night of drinking vodka straight I can't get out of bed the next morning/day

I have tried to drink a TON of water before going go to bed, and I do not mix vodkas or beer with vodka.. (Drink only 1 type of vodka all night)

However my hangovers sometimes are still HORRRRIBLE, it is now 7:36pm here and I feel my head is going to explode and i need answers..

What works to cure a hangover the next morning, or what do u take/do before bed to not have a hangover the next morning

Thanks

slick2404
02-20-2011, 12:40 PM
As long as I'm able to function, I try to take a bottle of gatorade, dump half n fill it up with water and slam it...and then pop a multi vitamin just before I go to bed.

Usually works well...but if I ever forget, man its a brutal morning.

Guillermo
02-20-2011, 12:45 PM
best way to avoid a hangover? don't drink!

broken_legs
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
I just start drinking more water.

Lay off sweet drinks and beer by 10pm, vodka waters, shots, waters in between for the rest of the night. You gotta piss a lot, but you'll wake up feelin like a champ.

Funny that you say vodka makes you hungover, because vodka is what i drink to feel good the next day...

Maybe shitty vodka?

Maybe you go date raped last night? Any blood on the sheets?

kaput
02-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Bizzareo
02-20-2011, 12:52 PM
1) Eat a large meal before you start drinking. I used to eat two peanut butter sandwiches.

2) I try to maintain a 2:1 ratio for alcohol and water. In terms of having a glass of water. Or you could drink Vodka waters.

Enjoy Poland! My family is from there so I have been a couple times. They sell real absinthe in the stores, get the expensive stuff if you pick it up theirs a huge difference. Clothing is stupid cheap if you know were to look (plus my cousin owns a chain of clothing stores :D ). And speaking English gets you laid lol

Kobe
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
1) Eat a large meal before you start drinking. I used to eat two peanut butter sandwiches.

2) I try to maintain a 2:1 ratio for alcohol and water. In terms of having a glass of water. Or you could drink Vodka waters.

Enjoy Poland! My family is from there so I have been a couple times. They sell real absinthe in the stores, get the expensive stuff if you pick it up theirs a huge difference. Clothing is stupid cheap if you know were to look (plus my cousin owns a chain of clothing stores :D ). And speaking English gets you laid lol

Haha I forgot to mention that we always eat a ton while drinking..

we usually end up drinking like 250ml - 500ml a head via shots only (I didn't think this was even possible before coming here) but I'm learning, my uncles and the older guys can drink way fucken more...

But I am def going to try the gatorade thing and the drinking water while drinking vodka as well..

Hit me up where your cousin's clothing store is.. I'm 60km from Krakow and about 40km from Katowice...

edit: BTW I don't think they sell the good absinth in poland, but when were visited Slovakia I bought a couple bottles of the high end stuff :)

Also the vodka we are drinking is good, I either buy flavored Finlandia, Wyborowa or Krupnik (sp) and bought a bottle of grey goose once here.. (They had no idea wtf it was and thought i was crazy spending that much on vodka haha)

And yes, I think the chicks like that I can speak english haha

spike98
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Gatorade multivitamin and a shit ton of vitamin d. This does it for me. Also hair the dog if its party time again. Pull up your panties and giver.

tictactoe2004
02-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Only do shots of hard stuff, chase each shot with at least 1 cup of water... In addition to this, a couple times throughout the night chug around 2 cups of water.

If you drink to much, instead of waking up with a hangover you'll wake up still drunk and in the same happy mood as the night before.

mr2mike
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Keep drinking!!
Stops the body from moving into some different metabolic process that a google search can explain. ;)

Vitamin D
Vitamin B's
Vitamin C
Water while drinking... Water in the morning is too late and
Mix a little mineralized sea salt in with your water, it helps water get absorbed faster... same idea as gatorade.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Sleep it off, for me at least.
I find that my sleep is restless when I go to bed drunk, so I pop a couple of the sleepy gravols before I go to bed when I drink. Works really well, if you wake up just take another two.
The gravol is REALLY bad for your heart, can get you high, and is apparently addictive, but it's the most effective thing I have come across.
Fuck just thinking about a bad hangover makes me feel like shit.

Seth1968
02-20-2011, 01:27 PM
If you don't have to work or drive, then just stay drunk and you'll only have to deal with one nasty hangover.

adam c
02-20-2011, 01:29 PM
i drink water while i drink that's how i prevent hangovers, not drink it all later on

if for some reason i wake up with a hangover, i drink two glasses of water and take a couple motrin and go back to sleep for an hour

Idratherbsidewayz
02-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Fuck, I can't drink vodka anymore because of cousins in Poland. Good luck! :rofl:

TE4MFaint
02-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Fish oil & green tea pills.

sabad66
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Usually a multi vitamin + vit D + 2 advil + Gatorade or water helps for me

Kobe
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Fuck, I can't drink vodka anymore because of cousins in Poland. Good luck! :rofl:

Haha at first I wanted to puke and wasn't drinking a lot, now I'm drinking a lot more, and I'm pretty much the happiest person in the world when I'm drunk on vodka..

Originally posted by TE4MFaint
Fish oil & green tea pills.

I'd rather be hungover then have anything 2 do with "fish oil" that sounds discusting hahah

JordanLotoski
02-20-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.booze-buddy.co.uk/

I sware by these. If anyones up for a Group buy let me know. They work so well.

Kobe
02-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

Wow seems great, they say they are out of stock right now though :(

adidas
02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski

Originally posted by Kobe

Wow seems great, they say they are out of stock right now though :(

Im pretty sure u can go into any drug store and just get the pill for of Thiamine(B1) vitamin.

The info on the site seems like broscience.

Prelude_dude
02-20-2011, 04:07 PM
I swear by the whole "chug a bottle of gatorade before bed" rule. That one usually works.
THen for the nights of mixing drinks all night, henessey, beer, vodka, jd shots, tequila shots... i do the gatorade before bed, and i take a big swig of peptobismol before bed, that stuff is wonders i love it, and it tastes like candy haha

iceburns288
02-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Gatorade and marijuana, done deal! :D

aypi
02-20-2011, 05:41 PM
i know its not safe but i take advil and lots of water before i go to bed when i'm drunk. lol

it works for me, no hangover the next day. ;)

89coupe
02-20-2011, 05:49 PM
People have always tried to cure the hangover with homemade or over-the-counter treatments in an effort to alleviate those nasty symptoms of overindulgence. Yet, health officials all say the same thing, "Those things don't work."

Laurin Sydney joined us on "Good Morning America" on Saturday to talk about the myths and facts on how to cure a hangover.

Myths And Facts

Myths and facts about sobering up and "curing" hangovers, from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism:

Myth: Drink coffee. Caffeine will sober you up.

Fact: The body needs time to metabolize alcohol and even more time to return to normal. There are no trick cures; only time will help.

Myth: Take aspirin and drink a lot of water at bedtime to prevent a hangover.

Fact: Water helps with dehydration, but aspirin can make your stomach hurt, and acetaminophen (Tylenol) can be toxic to a liver soaked with alcohol.

Myth: Eat before going to sleep to soak up the alcohol and prevent nausea.

Fact: Food does more the morning after, especially foods with complex carbohydrates (such as cereals and breads) that help replenish blood sugar and ease an upset stomach.

Myth: A morning drink will help cure a hangover (the "hair of the dog" theory).

Fact: This short-term "cure" only feels good because your brain is reacting to alcohol. You can get back to normal only by getting alcohol out of your system.

How To Avoid Hangovers

MedLinePlus.gov offers these tips to avoid a hangover:

The obvious: don't drink alcohol.

Drink slowly and on a full stomach.

Drink only in moderation. (The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism recommends that women have no more than one drink per day and men no more than two drinks per day. One drink is defined as a 12-ounce bottle of beer; a 4-ounce glass of wine; or a 1 1/2-ounce shot of liquor.)

Drink a glass of water in between drinks containing alcohol. This will help you drink less alcohol and will also decrease the dehydration associated with drinking alcohol.

wintonyk
02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Gatorade works, but I usually will drink pedialyte. That shit is golden.

On the fish oil note. When I was in Iceland I had lysi (cod liver oil) every morning with my breakfast. Seemed to do the trick.

dexlargo
02-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by aypi
i know its not safe but i take advil and lots of water before i go to bed when i'm drunk. lol

it works for me, no hangover the next day. ;) Why isn't it safe? This is what I do - if I've sobered up enough to remember. Works fairly well as long as I didn't drink the bar dry.

I think you're thinking of tylenol/aceteminophen - never mix tylenol with alcohol, it can cause permanent liver damage at surprisingly low doses (I've heard as few as three tylenols with 3 drinks - not sure how accurate that is).

As far as I'm aware, there are no major problems with mixing advil/ibuprophen with alcohol.

n1zm0
02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I drink as much water until I'm pretty bloated, then after the 4 am piss more water, works for me, then in severe cases , chug ice cold coffee right away then something to eat if available/not lazy , cold shower.

If I need to do the Tylenol thing, crushed and stirred in a cup of warm water, works faster I find

legendboy
02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Smoke a joint - done deal

sputnik
02-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Stay awake for at least 2 hours after drinking.

Have a bit to eat, drink some water or gatorade and watch some TV. Just don't pass out.

Works every time.

Mar
02-20-2011, 08:45 PM
A few people have suggested not to drink but I have an even better suggestion on how to avoid hangovers.....don't STOP drinking! :D Seriously, that's what I usually do when I'm away vising somewhere. Go to be late, get up early and have a beer for breakfast.

I also haven't seen anyone post the reason for the symptoms so that you might be better educated to find a solution.

1. Have a good meal before you drink so you're not drinking on an empty stomach. People say it's because the food absorbs the alcohol but that's a myth, it's because the food clogs the hole to the large intestine causing the alcohol to stay in the stomach where it gets absorbed into the blood steam slower. If you have an empty stomach it immediately drains from the stomach into the large intestine and gets absorbed much faster making you feel like a bigger sack of shit.

2. Drink lots of water throughout the night, not just before you go to bed. A headache from a hangover is the result of osmosis, your body gets dehydrated and because the environment outside the cell is dryer than the environment inside the cell, water makes the transition to create a balanced ecosystem. All this water rushing out of the cells causes them to shrink and makes it feel like someone is tightening a rope around your head. At least this is how it was explained to me in high school 12 years ago, don't blame me if it's wrong.

I vaguely remember something to do with riboflaavin, vitamin B12 and some other nutrients that should be replenished but it's way too vague of a memory to tell you anything about it. Thankfully I don't have to worry about it, for some reason I don't get hangovers.....ever.

Dumbass17
02-20-2011, 08:56 PM
are you NEW?!

vodka and gatorade

best ever

use orange or the lemon gatorade
good as

aypi
02-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by dexlargo
Why isn't it safe? This is what I do - if I've sobered up enough to remember. Works fairly well as long as I didn't drink the bar dry.

I think you're thinking of tylenol/aceteminophen - never mix tylenol with alcohol, it can cause permanent liver damage at surprisingly low doses (I've heard as few as three tylenols with 3 drinks - not sure how accurate that is).

As far as I'm aware, there are no major problems with mixing advil/ibuprophen with alcohol.

i think you are right.

sometimes i take tylenol too. now i dont drink that much anymore, maybe once a month or everytime there is a UFC or boxing event.

syeve
02-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Smoke a joint - done deal

:thumbsup:

HuMz
02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
are you NEW?!

vodka and gatorade

best ever

use orange or the lemon gatorade
good as

:werd: I lived off vodka and gatorade for breakfast when I was houseboating, works much better then drinking ceasars.

GQBalla
02-21-2011, 01:14 PM
if you feel a rowdy night coming up take some pepcid ac
or whatever pill for heart burn.

makes you drink like a champ.

i try ti pound water and pop a multi vitamin right before bed, take advil in the morning.

works to a point.

but now i just avoid drinking

Sorath
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
drink vodka water then drink gatorade before you sleep

swak
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Gatorade, soup crackers and water.. Just gotta rest it out man.

Kobe
02-21-2011, 02:28 PM
I'll be trying to get a hold of some Multivitamans here, since they dont have advil and I've only brought tylonel (and they dont do shit in the mornings)

And also drink a shitload of gatorade, I will report back Saturday if I get out of bed.. :D

Ymerej472008
02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I ALWAYS drink my Vodka with gatorade...I prefer to use G2 cause it has no sugar.

But I like to be cool and mix the yellow and blue and make a green gatorade that seems to amaze everyone. I call it "Predator Blood"

JordanEG6
02-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Eat well before hand.
Stay hydrated and full through out your binge and after.

Water
Coffee
Gatorade (or anything with a good source of electrolytes)
Greasy ass Denny's type food

I personally don't get hangovers too often, even when I'm blackout drunk. Sometimes I even wake up extra early and I'm good for the day as long as I have a good breakfast and hydration.

But I find that these cure it when I do feel a little dizzy the next day.

You could also try exercise. I once played shinny hockey after a night of drinking. I was able to sweat off the hangover.

Dumbass17
02-22-2011, 04:21 AM
kobe..
multivitamins are bullshit, i swear they are a scam

kind of like how the tide is affected by the moon
i don't believe in that...or god

Cooked Rice
02-22-2011, 05:17 AM
I don't seem to get hangovers as long as I don't have sugary drinks.

Hakkola
02-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Best way to avoid vodka hangover is to drink more vodka

stealth131
02-22-2011, 08:56 AM
What's a hangover? I've only had one in my life, I just drink a cup of water before i pass out and then I wake up and go to school.

Feruk
02-22-2011, 10:03 AM

Also the vodka we are drinking is good, I either buy flavored Finlandia, Wyborowa or Krupnik (sp) and bought a bottle of grey goose once here.. (They had no idea wtf it was and thought i was crazy spending that much on vodka haha)

Get some Zubruwka and stop wasting your cash on French crap (grey goose) when you're in a country with some of the best local vodkas in the world. Wybrowa ain't bad either.

I usually don't get hung over from straight vodka, but one thing that has worked for me in the past is drinking some of the juice from a jar of "ogorki kiszone" (pickles). That'll set you straight.

FilthyMcNasty
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Eat meat or have a protein shake. Restoring amino acids to your brain helps rehydrate you and make you feel much better.

Tik-Tok
02-22-2011, 10:57 AM
http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/44512/1402776196066298642S425x425Q85.jpg

Won't help with the alchohol your body has already absorbed, but at least you'll get rid of everything it hasn't yet.

(I should add, I've never done this, but can say whenever I've drunk so much I puke, I've never had a hangover either)

Mamma_Mia
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
In the morning eat a banana, drink tomato juice and then drink propel or Gatorade. Taking multiple vitamins well help also.

HiTempguy1
02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
The best way to avoid a hangover? Don't be so old ;)

I've never had an issue with being hungover, even if I drink till I blackout. I get up at 8:00am the next day (after 3 hours of sleep) and do my thing!

stealth131
02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I've never had an issue with being hungover, even if I drink till I blackout. I get up at 8:00am the next day (after 3 hours of sleep) and do my thing! ya same here, I happily drink on school nights then drive to school the next day like nothing happen

rage2
02-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only functional alcoholic around here! :rofl:

Only time I had what I think was a hangover was drinking 1 glass of champagne, had a huge headache an hour after that lasted 24 hours. I've done nights where I've polished off over a bottle of vodka and went to the gym 6 hours later like nothing happened haha. Feel so bad when everyone else I drink with is dead for the next 2 days.

dezmarez
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I get the worst hangovers ever, no matter what I drink.

Its the reason I dont drink so much anymore, I have to designate at least two days off to recover after.

I found my hangovers wouldnt be as bad when i drank a ton of water, and spaced out my drinking.

The next day though, still havent found a solution, usually bed ridden for at least a day, no food, barely can drink water.

:banghead: :banghead:

Graham_A_M
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Only time I had what I think was a hangover was drinking 1 glass of champagne, had a huge headache an hour after that lasted 24 hours. I've done nights where I've polished off over a bottle of vodka and went to the gym 6 hours later like nothing happened haha. Feel so bad when everyone else I drink with is dead for the next 2 days.

Holy fuck. You're a trooper.

When I drink absurd amounts, I feel fine the next day, but holy shit Im dehydrated. Perhaps thats from drinking beer, and not hard liquor like some of you boys do.

There was an episode on Dragons Den of a certain manufactured vitamin a person could take (I think it was processed Vitamin C IIRC).
Apparently it worked amazingly well. Im sure you can buy it online, at their store.

HiTempguy1
02-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Does anybody else want to drink with Rage just once? He always sounds like he has a good time. :bigpimp:

And I don't think he was fooling anyone, we've known for a long time he puts the "fun" in functional alcoholic!

Kobe
02-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Best way to avoid vodka hangover is to drink more vodka

This is true, however from family members here, I've learned it is prob not good 2 be drinking at 9am on most days :P

Originally posted by Feruk

Get some Zubruwka and stop wasting your cash on French crap (grey goose) when you're in a country with some of the best local vodkas in the world. Wybrowa ain't bad either.

I usually don't get hung over from straight vodka, but one thing that has worked for me in the past is drinking some of the juice from a jar of "ogorki kiszone" (pickles). That'll set you straight.

I've tried Zubruwka more then once here, but I am actually not a huge fan of it, it is okay for a drink or two, but not to get loaded on IMO...

I def stopped buyin grey goose when i tried to compare it to Wyborowa and I didn't see much of a different..

But I can def try the pickle juice..

I've never had an issue with being hungover, even if I drink till I blackout. I get up at 8:00am the next day (after 3 hours of sleep) and do my thing!

Haha it's actually true I feel man, when I was 18 I would go out to the bar and get completely wasted and not know anything about life, and now at 23 I start feeling like my dad after a night of drinking (Can't get out of bed the next day) Which got my my moms genes (The family I'm living with right now) they can drink all night and day and not feel a single thing the next morning..

haha

Thanks again for all the tips guys...

GQBalla
02-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez
I get the worst hangovers ever, no matter what I drink.

Its the reason I dont drink so much anymore, I have to designate at least two days off to recover after.

I found my hangovers wouldnt be as bad when i drank a ton of water, and spaced out my drinking.

The next day though, still havent found a solution, usually bed ridden for at least a day, no food, barely can drink water.

:banghead: :banghead:

same

Dumbass17
02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
anyone else black out pretty much all the time they drink?

i mean not just forgetting peoples names. forgetting you went to 3 clubs instead of just the one you barely recall, forgetting how you got home or who you were with at the bar etc

AaronK
02-23-2011, 08:51 PM

i mean not just forgetting peoples names. forgetting you went to 3 clubs instead of just the one you barely recall, forgetting how you got home or who you were with at the bar etc

No, you might want to hit up AA man..... :devil:

Kobe
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Fuck kyle.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ExtraSlow
02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Dude, there's a chance you are drinking an unhealthy amount. Check into it.

ddduke
02-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Me man. I actually don't have limits, every friday and saturday I don't remember anything after midnight. I usually predrink with a 26 of Wyborowa then the second I walk into the bar grab 2 shots of vodka and a double vodka water, after that I don't remember a thing. The weirdest part is that we after party and hit off sales every weekend and I usually can keep drinking till atleast 6 or 7am, I just don't remember any of it.

Last weekend I woke up in a random condo in Midnapore and when I got out of bed it was completely empty.

But anyways, the way I cure a hangover is by getting 2 bottles of vitamin water, NO explode and then I go for a heavy workout including cardio. When I'm done I feel normal again.

codetrap
02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
I can't remember the last time I blacked out from drinking.

gstone
02-24-2011, 12:40 AM
remember to replenish your water soluble vitamins, specifically the B's. K+ and Na+ are also important which is why the sok od ogorkow kiszonych pracuje, it's pretty much a brine solution. For your B's i can't think of anything specific other than bananas. Re-hydration is also important.

Important note, don't try to make mojitos in Poland once you find out mint is pretty much a rampant weed, rum is scare and expensive when you are not staying in a bigger city. A 26 of bacardi white cost me $46CAD back in '08 and I had to search three wioski i 7 sklepow monolypolowych only to find 1 bottle at the store down the street from me (would never expect them to have it). Turns out that they had this one and only bottle on the shelf for close to a year and as far as they knew, this was the ONLY bottle of rum in a 35km radius.. Yeah I ended up buying it, but it was a personal mission of mine to exhibit the fine taste of a properly made mojito to my uncle.

In addition;
I am good at making mojitos but I excel at making a true Caesar. Don't try to make a Caesar in Poland, it is just too difficult to acquire the necessary ingredients. Replicating the clamato juice just becomes too expensive and impossible due to the quality and/or availability of ingredients of the region. Next time I go I swear I will smuggle in a bottle of Mott's or a home brew.

Dumbass17
02-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Dude, there's a chance you are drinking an unhealthy amount. Check into it.

i dunno what it is. it doesn't matter what i drink. it can be three beers or 3/4s of a box of goon, usually i black out.
it's so strange too because people i'm out with talk about what happened 'last night' and they say i acted normal and didn't seem that drunk (like not lots of stumbling or slurring etc)
i just wish i could remember nights so i can judge if i was making an ass of myself or being Mr. Cool Ice

ExtraSlow
02-24-2011, 07:23 AM
If you honestly lose memory from drinking three beers over an evenings, I'd see a doctor.

derpderp
02-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
I can't remember the last time I blacked out from drinking.

Me either. Me and a friend were having a discussion about this and how she couldn't remember the night from when she went out recently.

I was thinking of it and I honestly don't think I have ever blacked out from drinking...maybe once, twice? But every time I remember the major events anyway. And I have never ever woken up not knowing where I was, or who was in my place.

Granted I've woken up and wished I could say I didn't remember the night.

rage2
02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Does anybody else want to drink with Rage just once? He always sounds like he has a good time. :bigpimp:
koCpCVw0FCY

I wish every night was that epic when I drink! The abrupt ending to that video was my 18 year old date slapping the phone outta my hand cuz she was pissed I was enjoying that going down beside me! hahaha

Beyond party this weekend? :angel:

Kobe
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM

koCpCVw0FCY

I wish every night was that epic when I drink! The abrupt ending to that video was my 18 year old date slapping the phone outta my hand cuz she was pissed I was enjoying that going down beside me! hahaha

Damn where do I sign up for this!
I'm going to have to keep drinking for the next few months here so I can outdrink you when i get back Rage...

Edit: I am also now ready 2 drink on Saturday night!! We are only drinking a bunch of beer tonight so i know I won't be hungover tomorrow!

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/894/img0306ts.jpg

Hope this works!

03ozwhip
02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
i just got back from being fucked up in jamaica everyday for 8 days and not one hangover because i took 2 advil before bed. works everytime for me.

89coupe
02-24-2011, 12:56 PM

Have you been putting away money for that liver transplant you will need in your late 40's?

JfuckinC
02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
fuck i love drinking

best way too avoid a hangover is to get so drunk you're still drunk in the morning :dunno: or do drugs...... or take tylonely and drink gatorade before bed....... or just drink again you vaginas!

Dumbass17
02-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
If you honestly lose memory from drinking three beers over an evenings, I'd see a doctor.
i asked my doctor when i was there for something else, he pretty much shrugged me off

GQBalla
02-24-2011, 02:46 PM

yeap, im fine as long as i keep it under 12 shots a night

Dumbass17
02-24-2011, 02:48 PM
well
should be an interesting weekend starting tomorrow. massive music festival...danger

Kobe
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Night 1 - Drinking beer only.. Had about 2.5L of "Lech" today tomorrow is the serious business, I should be fine for tomorrow

Sky
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM

koCpCVw0FCY

^lol, that's awesome.

I'd be down for a "Beyond Vodka Night". Everyone brings their favorite vodka and gets to try them all, or hit up a bar/club. What's a good venue, Rage? :clap:

Spoons
02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Drink vodka soda's.

/endthread

Kobe
02-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Drink vodka soda's.

/endthread

We don't get to drink "vodka anything" you have to drink straight or you are a straight up pussy ;)

I don't think we drank 2 much tonight however second night drinking we will see how I am feeling in the morning..

Took my multivitamians and gaterade..

911fever
02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm glad I've never got a hangover in my life. All this blacking out and stuff sounds brutal

Dumbass17
02-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by 911fever
I'm glad I've never got a hangover in my life. All this blacking out and stuff sounds brutal
pussy :poosie:

nodoubtt
03-01-2011, 11:13 PM

i asked my doctor when i was there for something else, he pretty much shrugged me off

we're currently in the neurology block of med school, and all the stuff I've learned about what alcohol does to your brain when you binge drink is really freaky. Based on what your describing, you've done a severe enough amount of damage to your brain that your memory is impaired...basically damaging your ability to form long term memory. My advice to you would be to not binge drink anymore (meaning it's alright to have a few drinks, but keep yourself from getting close to the point where you don't remember shit), otherwise your memory impairment and brain damage is gonna be more severe. The worst part is that neurons in your brain, once dead, can't be regenerated so the damage is irreversible.

I'm not trying to scare you because quite frankly, all of this info I'm learning was quite eye-opening to me, and I'm pretty surprised that this angle of binge-drinking isn't covered more by the media/etc. since almost all of my friends binge-drink to an extent and I never really hear discussion of alcohol and brain damage.

GorG
03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
pedialyte all the flavors taste like ass but i would say the grape is the best one out of the bunch. Its designed to rehydrate children and infants in hurry. I you need to take it before you start drinking in order for it to work.You can find it in any grocery store in the infant section.

other thing i do is if im pre drinking with friends and im drinking vodka i'll take a swig of vodka and have a sip of Gatorade afterwards. By the time im done the vodka there is usually half the bottle of Gatorade left and i leave that alone until its time to pass out.

Mar
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by GorG
pedialyte all the flavors taste like ass but i would say the grape is the best one out of the bunch. Its designed to rehydrate children and infants in hurry. I you need to take it before you start drinking in order for it to work.You can find it in any grocery store in the infant section.

My dad gave me that once when I was sick, I had one swig and puked everywhere. It was nasty.

Dumbass17
03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by nodoubtt

we're currently in the neurology block of med school, and all the stuff I've learned about what alcohol does to your brain when you binge drink is really freaky. Based on what your describing, you've done a severe enough amount of damage to your brain that your memory is impaired...basically damaging your ability to form long term memory. My advice to you would be to not binge drink anymore (meaning it's alright to have a few drinks, but keep yourself from getting close to the point where you don't remember shit), otherwise your memory impairment and brain damage is gonna be more severe. The worst part is that neurons in your brain, once dead, can't be regenerated so the damage is irreversible.

I'm not trying to scare you because quite frankly, all of this info I'm learning was quite eye-opening to me, and I'm pretty surprised that this angle of binge-drinking isn't covered more by the media/etc. since almost all of my friends binge-drink to an extent and I never really hear discussion of alcohol and brain damage.

thanks for the info actually.
i need to stop getting so drunk..fml

DeathBy240
03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said ALOE JUICE!

Drink a glass of it before you start drinking an you're golden. I drink water regularly and gatorade but Aloe Juice really helps. Tastes kinda gross, but it works!

Spoons
03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Another one I forgot isn't a way to avoid, but instantly cure a hangover.

Honestly a joint, not even. One hoot of weed and I feel ready to go again.

legendboy
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by GorG

other thing i do is if im pre drinking with friends and im drinking vodka i'll take a swig of vodka and have a sip of Gatorade afterwards. By the time im done the vodka there is usually half the bottle of Gatorade left and i leave that alone until its time to pass out.

pedialyte does a good job, but it gives me crazy heart burn

JfuckinC
03-06-2011, 06:43 PM

I concour!

ddduke
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM

The only shitty thing for Kobe is that he's in Poland. It's pretty hard to find weed down there.

Kobe
03-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

The only shitty thing for Kobe is that he's in Poland. It's pretty hard to find weed down there.

Ummm no its not ;)

Easy to get weed here, hard to smoke it without grandparents killing me :P

ExtraSlow
03-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Just got back from 4 days in Las Vegas, here's the program I was on.
- Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 before heading out.
- 5 hour energy early in the night (vitamins and stuff)
- During the party, Food and a couple waters.
- Before bed, - Vitamin D and B12 pills, multi-vitamin, 2 aspirin, and 1 L of gatorade.
- when you wake up, 1L gatorade, 2 more aspirin, and food.

Not going to say i had no hangover at all on this trip, but I was drunk every night, and at least partially functional every day. This so far is the best system I've found.
Have heard good things about eating a banana in the morning, but i didn't have access to fresh fruit.

Kobe
08-20-2012, 06:54 AM
So I've found the cure for hangovers, I was actually reading online today and you shouldn't drink Advil with alcohol, but fuck it it works soooooo well and you live once..

2 ADVIL BEFORE BED IS THE CURE TO NO HANGOVERS!!

Zhariak
08-20-2012, 07:00 AM
So I've found the cure for hangovers, I was actually reading online today and you shouldn't drink Advil with alcohol, but fuck it it works soooooo well and you live once..

2 ADVIL BEFORE BED IS THE CURE TO NO HANGOVERS!!

Mixing Advil with alcohol isn't bad, it's Tylenol, or anything with acetaminophen in it that you have to avoid...

Advil before bed when drinking will stop the hangover for maybe 10-30 times before you get used to it. It worked great for me when I discovered it, but it stopped working after a while. Now I need to take advil to have a normal hangover, vs. a horrible one if I don't take it...

Another trick is stay up super late and drink tons of water. Let's say the drinking is done at 2a.m., drink a bottle of water, wait 30 minutes, do it again, wait 30, do it again... Keep rocking that till 5am... make sure you piss as much as you can too... This worked for me 10-20 times until now it doesn't do much...

For me right now, none of the tricks work, I just focus on minimizing hangovers... Eat 3 healthy (filling) meals a day up to when you drink, make sure you're getting proper sleep. And avoid stuff like jager. That's what I do, it's all I can do, haha

Kobe
08-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak

Mixing Advil with alcohol isn't bad, it's Tylenol, or anything with acetaminophen in it that you have to avoid...

Advil before bed when drinking will stop the hangover for maybe 10-30 times before you get used to it. It worked great for me when I discovered it, but it stopped working after a while. Now I need to take advil to have a normal hangover, vs. a horrible one if I don't take it...

Another trick is stay up super late and drink tons of water. Let's say the drinking is done at 2a.m., drink a bottle of water, wait 30 minutes, do it again, wait 30, do it again... Keep rocking that till 5am... make sure you piss as much as you can too... This worked for me 10-20 times until now it doesn't do much...

For me right now, none of the tricks work, I just focus on minimizing hangovers... Eat 3 healthy (filling) meals a day up to when you drink, make sure you're getting proper sleep. And avoid stuff like jager. That's what I do, it's all I can do, haha

I've actually been doing it for 6 months now if not longer.. It has cured more then 100 hangovers IMO

Sometimes I just don't get enough sleep, I was always told Advil wasnt bad to take with alcohol, but I was reading online and people said otherwise.. Either way Advil FTW

chibwack
08-20-2012, 08:21 AM
I can highly recommend a banana or two as well. The potassium does wonders. Mix that with some water, vitamin B, and a couple advil and you'll be good to go. Of course half the fight is mental, if I'm drinking saturday I don't care how hung over I'm not sunday, I won't be leaving that couch.

And of course hydrate beforehand. Drink as much water all day, avoid coffee, eat full balanced meals with a good dose of bread, etc.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2012, 08:31 AM

6 months .... 100 hangovers

http://www.ottawaaa.org/images/aa_front_pic.gif

Spoons
08-20-2012, 10:59 AM
I posted it earlier, but I chuckle to the people I was talking to on vacation this year. People have no problems popping every drug on the counter to try and find a cure, some with damaging effects mixed with liquor.

But then weed? Woah, can't do that. When it's the miracle cure you are all looking for. It works wonders. How do you think I snowboard every year on New Years Day?

But you're next option is if you don't get sober, you can't get hung over. Crack another beer.

My buddy house boating was taking percocet on the boat for hang overs. I offered him weed and he says, "No thanks, I don't do drugs." :facepalm:

thrasher22
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
What ever happened to sticking to beer?

I also find that having a big munch-fest when you get home makes a big difference. A big pot of KD is a win-win at 2am after the bar :D

ercchry
08-20-2012, 11:09 AM
im not reading all this... but vitamin B15 is the miracle cure

Zhariak
08-20-2012, 11:19 AM

I've actually been doing it for 6 months now if not longer.. It has cured more then 100 hangovers IMO

Sometimes I just don't get enough sleep, I was always told Advil wasnt bad to take with alcohol, but I was reading online and people said otherwise.. Either way Advil FTW

Oh, by all means man, keep doing it until it don't work anymore... Just keep in mind, eventually it will stop working! hahaha

I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic, but I used to entertain clients lots... During the boom, I was out every evening, or every second evening late late late, and up at 5:00AM the next morning for work... It was rediculas...