PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Roadtrip car $10K

I20I3
02-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi I am looking for a good car to take on a road trip from Calgary down the coast to California this summer.
I have never done anything like this before but would like to get something that will make it as enjoyable as possible given the budget.

Some things I am keeping in mind are:
•It should be quiet, low road noise is a plus. (So no custom exhaust.)

•It should be comfortable, with good suspension A/C and nice seats for long drives. (So nothing lowered.)

•It should be relatively fuel efficient. While I'm not overly concerned with this I do not want a SUV, Van, or truck.

•It should be quick. I wouldn't be here if this wasn't a factor, I love things that are unexpectedly quick, I'm much more of a go rather than show guy.

•It must be able to handle Calgary winters reasonably well as this will become my new year round car.

•Reliability is a must for obvious reasons, but a lot of that usually is luck.

I am not looking to spend over $10000 but if the right car comes along I might consider it. Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing what you have.

Graham_A_M
02-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Hopefully I wont lose any points for this message, but

You should take a look at a Saturn Aura, I think it fits your bill amazingly well. I just picked up an "07 XR, and holy shit for $10k its a nice car. Seriously, take one for a test drive and you'll see.
Amazingly quiet (as quiet as any Mercedes S class), yet fast (250hp/tq) and still good on gas. I get 38 mpg/ 10.0L/100kms on it with a mix of city/highway.
Super nice ride as well, yet handles very nicely for a 4door sedan and lots of creature comforts with an *awesome* stereo. Automatic climate control, with remote start built into the OEM key fob.
Also there is LOTS of room in the back & trunk is huge.
:dunno:
Unlike other cars in its price point. The rear passengers have their own individual XM satellite stations.

EDIT: Most people will dip enough on their price to make it in your price range. Mine was $13k + tax at the dealer, but I got it for $10k.

600rr
02-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I have an 03 subaru 2.5 ts special edition wagon with 94k km's, timing belt, clutch and waterpump done along with the other belts. Only looking for 9 grand, pm me if interested.