PDA

View Full Version : 2 new sexy ladies just rolled into the shop..

civic_stylez
02-22-2011, 01:20 PM
A few teaser pics for now... ;)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/hautsauz/IMG-20110222-00258.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/hautsauz/IMG-20110222-00259.jpg

Kardon
02-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Do people really think these Continental GTs look good? :dunno:

Cos
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
^^ no

VWEvo
02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I think they are amazing. Had the privilege of having one for a couple days, hands down one of the most amazing cars ever. All wheel drive, height adjustable suspension, makes it a perfect year round car for Calgary.

ExtremeSi
02-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm sure they drive great, but I really don't like the looks either. Looks like it has an off-roader's ground clearance.

GOnSHO
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
I'm sure they drive great, but I really don't like the looks either. Looks like it has an off-roader's ground clearance.

height adjusting suspension...

davesparky6
02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
If it said "chrysler" on the grill, I'd believe it. They just don't look like $160k + cars to me. Interior is a beaut though.

civic_stylez
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
I think they are amazing. Had the privilege of having one for a couple days, hands down one of the most amazing cars ever. All wheel drive, height adjustable suspension, makes it a perfect year round car for Calgary.

They're unbelieveable hey? I love how the steering actually stiffens when you put the car in sport mode. They are expected to sell well for us.

Khalil.e
02-22-2011, 03:38 PM
The 'new' CGT really doesnt look all that different from the 'old'. Lovely car, though the 'new' version was a bit of a disappointment..

95teetee
02-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by davesparky6
If it said "chrysler" on the grill, I'd believe it. They just don't look like $160k + cars to me. Interior is a beaut though. better than a 400k Toyota:D

Muji
02-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Loving the Frost fence grill. The interior is where it is at with these cars.

AE92_TreunoSC
02-22-2011, 10:43 PM
All bentley's feel like overpriced VW's to me.

Isaiah
02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
The mesh looks cheap; like an aftermarket cavalier body kit.

Xtrema
02-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
All bentley's feel like overpriced VW's to me.

Almost all cars are overpriced VW.

911fever
02-23-2011, 01:08 AM
still not a fan...

Singulari
02-23-2011, 01:44 AM

euro_racer
02-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Do they still have the mk4 vw key? Haha:banghead:

civic_stylez
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Singulari
James, the launch is tomorrow correct?

Bentley launch is tonight at the dealer. (02/23) All are welcome to come. The car is much better in person.

bastardchild
02-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Kardon
Do people really think these Continental GTs look good? :dunno:

Looks like a pig since its heavy, kinda like your G35. But the CGT actually has some balls.

Kardon
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by bastardchild

Looks like a pig since its heavy, kinda like your G35. But the CGT actually has some balls.
LOL rly? cept I only spent abit over 12g, and I have a real clutch, 6 gears, rwd, and it only weighs 3500~ pounds, not over 5000 like this POS. Your a newbie for a reason.

Singulari
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM

npham
02-23-2011, 06:12 PM

LOL rly? cept I only spent abit over 12g, and I have a real clutch, 6 gears, rwd, and it only weighs 3500~ pounds, not over 5000 like this POS. Your a newbie for a reason.

Get over yourself already. This is ~$175,000 car is not even in the same category as your "12g car". Unless you can afford one of these, and then still choose your G35 due to your "sound logic" then your argument may hold water. This car would absolutely destroy your "real clutch" car.

If you have ever been in one(high doubt it at this point), you will realize that you are paying for comfort, performance and exclusivity. With that said, I wouldn't buy one if I could afford it.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
:drool:

bastardchild
02-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Actually I've been around for awhile I just don't post whore.

Its funny how you think the CGT looks bad when you drive a G35 which is a heavy pig & gutless.

The CGT has a twin turbo V12 to make up for its 5000 lbs weight.

Enjoy losing to Honda S2000's in your G35. :rofl:

ddduke
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM

Its funny how you think the CGT looks bad when you drive a G35 which is a heavy pig & gutless.

Ooooooooo, ZING!

mikey008
02-23-2011, 07:28 PM
HERE one of the sexy ladies......

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/Untitled-2.jpg

Kardon
02-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by npham

Get over yourself already. This is ~$175,000 car is not even in the same category as your "12g car". Unless you can afford one of these, and then still choose your G35 due to your "sound logic" then your argument may hold water. This car would absolutely destroy your "real clutch" car.

If you have ever been in one(high doubt it at this point), you will realize that you are paying for comfort, performance and exclusivity. With that said, I wouldn't buy one if I could afford it.
I wouldn't even attempt to put the G35 into a remotely similar category of a CGT, I'm trying to show how opposite the two cars are ffs.

Like I explained to you, the G is only around 3500 pounds, which isn't exceptionally heavy compared to any other modern car, and I'd expect to lose to a fucking 2 seater sports car with a engine like that, the G has 4 seats and a v6 :rofl:

Singulari
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM

I wouldn't even attempt to put the G35 into a remotely similar category of a CGT, I'm trying to show how opposite the two cars are ffs.

Like I explained to you, the G is only around 3500 pounds, which isn't exceptionally heavy compared to any other modern car, and I'd expect to lose to a fucking 2 seater sports car with a engine like that, the G has 4 seats and a v6 :rofl:

Actually, the Continental GT was released as the "roomiest" 2+2 Coupe years ago. What i don't understand is why everyone here (well just Kardon really) is referring to the weight of the car. Bentley used to be Rolls-Royce's sister company. Both of them put luxurious touches on their vehicle which results in added weight. I don't see you comparing your vehicle to a Rolls-Royce ghost (5400lbs). As well, the vehicle costs significantly more than a standard car as it is handcrafted by people.

On another note, as a Bentley owner, I've been quite disappointed with the look of the new model. It looks a tad bit squished in the front and the rear. As well, the only differences I noticed were the Touchscreen Navigation, Sunglass holder in the middle, new instrument cluster, and I don't think that much else. However, I own a Spur (4 door sedan) not the coupe (way too uncomfortable).

If I recall correctly, the price has actually been reduced by 20-30k and has received 15 new horses under the bonnet and an additional 30lb ft of torque.

You can look at the brochure here. (https://bentley.keycast.com/bentley/media/med/Libraries/1/New_Continental_GT_Look_and_Feature_Book.pdf)

As well James, did you notice how the bonnet isn't connected to the grille much like the previous generation? Not sure if it's a good change or a bad one.

adidas
02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Where is bentley made nowadays?

Singulari
02-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Where is bentley made nowadays?

If I recall correctly, they are assembled at the Crewe Factory in Crewe England. However, some of the parts are brought in from VW. I'm not so sure on the latter though.

M.alex
02-24-2011, 01:08 PM
It's okay I guess, but I'm always underwhelmed by Bentleys - nothing about the design ever jumps out at me as a 'must have' .... they always look understated and almost blend in to a crowd, rather than stand out.

Sentry
02-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't get how people can not like these.

That grey one that the Aston dealership has is so good looking.

If I were trafficking coke, one of these would be my daily.

Sentry
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
http://pictures.dealer.com/b/bentleycalgarytc/1663/a929b9e80a0a006400107c2ff8904743.jpg

This one.

Someone buy it for me? :poosie:

Canmorite
02-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

I know someone who drives his year round, no problems at all with a set of winters and a 3M wrap. Quite the winter 'beater' though haha.

arian_ma
02-24-2011, 01:29 PM
CGT SS is amazing. Didn't they make them with rear seats as well?

I don't really think Bentlys are meant to be flashy. If you want to be flashy go buy a Lambo. If you want class and style stick with the Bently. It seems to me that sometimes people entirely miss the point of a certain car.

Type_S1
02-24-2011, 03:25 PM

Is that why you never replied in the business degree thread? You claim you make 600k+ a year and I've been wanting to talk to you about it.

I wouldn't argue with him since he can buy any car he wants with that kind of salary...he must know his shit. He was also selling a mazda3 previously so he must be ballin and know all about driving a fast car :rofl:

roll_over
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
very nice cars sir, thank you for sharing them with us :thumbsup:

civic_stylez
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
As well James, did you notice how the bonnet isn't connected to the grille much like the previous generation? Not sure if it's a good change or a bad one.

That was one of the first things that caught my eye. Its definitely different but it does make the engine look cleaner. Now all you see is the engine. With the older models you see more of the rad, support bracing etc. this just has the engine in a cozy little opening. The new look has grown on me ALOT! I did the training course with the team from Crewe that were here and you realize how many changes they really did make. The new nav/infotainment is by far the best upgrade. Google maps is available on it now. Ill get my hands on one of these soon and get some new wheels and exhaust on it.

bastardchild
02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

Is that why you never replied in the business degree thread? You claim you make 600k+ a year and I've been wanting to talk to you about it.

I wouldn't argue with him since he can buy any car he wants with that kind of salary...he must know his shit. He was also selling a mazda3 previously so he must be ballin and know all about driving a fast car :rofl:

No I didn't reply because I didn't care.

What does me selling a Mazda 3 have to do with anything?

I never claimed to be "ballin" by any means. I just stated that his remark regrading the Continental GT was unnecessary, especially coming from some dude who owns a G35, one of the most over-rated so called "luxury" vehicles ever.

KandabashiDevil
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Oooh... Always something exciting going on at Bentley & Aston Martin!

Only on beyond will you find a loser comparing his Infiniti G35 to a Bentley.... :rolleyes:
You're a case for the death penalty.

Type_S1
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM

No I didn't reply because I didn't care.

What does me selling a Mazda 3 have to do with anything?

I never claimed to be "ballin" by any means. I just stated that his remark regrading the Continental GT was unnecessary, especially coming from some dude who owns a G35, one of the most over-rated so called "luxury" vehicles ever.

If you look at your previous posts you state your easily a millionaire many times over...so I am saying your sooo rich you must know so much about nice cars...thats why you have a mazda3 :rofl:

The continental has always been pretty sick though...

Singulari
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM

Kardon
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
What i don't understand is why everyone here (well just Kardon really) is referring to the weight of the car.

WTF is going on here

Is that me bringing up the weight?? No.

In fact, the first one who brought up MY car (not the car the thread is about) for no apparent reason is that loserchild, why would I try and compare a fucking nissan to a bentley? You would have to be pretty stupid.

S2K2
02-25-2011, 02:58 PM

Really you have to bring me in to this really !!! I dont understand why you think you are king shit !! Because honestly no one really cares about your Bentley! I would have spent the money on a nice Aston Martin!!

iceburns288
02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
^Seriously what the fuck is happening here? This is one of the weirdest threads I've read in a while.

It's fast, comfortable, and stylish but not ostentatious. What's the debate?:thumbsup:

M.alex
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I have nothing really to add, so I'll just help this thread along by saying that my 04 cobra is faster and cheaper than Bentley, therefore it's a better car :)

Idratherbsidewayz
02-25-2011, 03:57 PM
My uncle has a flying spur and it just goes like stink. Feels like a really fast freight train.

I like the sedans much better, more comfy and exclusive. When I was in LA for a few days, everyone and their dog had a CGT. I do like the look of the new one though, CAR magazine had a good article on an orange one. Maybe I'll upload it later.

As for this thread, agreed with above posters... wtf is going on. STFU Bastardchild, nobody cares. A guy with a '73 rusty El Camino could come in, not liking the design, and hate on the car. Who the fuck cares what he drives...

bspot
02-25-2011, 04:46 PM

received 15 new horses under the bonnet and an additional 30lb ft of torque.

Unless you're British, knock it off.

Cos
02-25-2011, 06:40 PM
he wants to be the next top gear host

Singulari
02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Unless you're British, knock it off.

PM'd

Singulari
02-25-2011, 09:24 PM

ddduke
02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey civic_stylez, you never did end up coming back and posting some more photos.

Redlyne_mr2
02-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by ddduke
Hey civic_stylez, you never did end up coming back and posting some more photos.
That's because this thread went to crap. More pics please

alloroc
02-26-2011, 10:39 AM
http://www.stevehallcreative.com/images/stories/print_ads/bentley_ad3.jpg

http://www.friedmush.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Bently-ad.jpg

Cos
02-26-2011, 10:44 AM

Top Gear hates Bentley and I own one. Don't think that'll work out quite well.

Haha perhaps you are the perfect next host.

4doorj
02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Love the car:drool:
I want one :love:

Tik-Tok
02-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
Love the car:drool:
I want one :love:

Could only cost you $100... (http://www.foothillshospitalhomelottery.org/early.php)