PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Skull Vodka - 1.5L

D-Man
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Okay, so I've come across the smaller bottles of the crystal skull vodka. Has anyone seen or know where I can get the larger 1.5L bottle here in the city?

I've checked Co-op and Superstore and they only carry the smaller one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

nickyh
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
maybe try Costco liquor stores? I think I saw some not too long ago.

ThatRx7Guy
02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
You should try the costco liquor store.. Call them first to save yourself the trip.

lint
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I've seen it at costco, but I don't recall the size.

bjstare
02-23-2011, 01:21 PM
For anyone who actually enjoys vodka (I do), is this stuff any good, or are you just paying for the bottle?

adam c
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I've heard it's crap just a cool bottle

sxtasy
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I've seen them at the airport

Bizzareo
02-23-2011, 01:30 PM
its just a bottle, the vodka is junk... I saw a big one at the Liquor store on 17th closer to the mcdonalds about 8 months ago. Just call around someone is bound to have it.

rage2
02-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
For anyone who actually enjoys vodka (I do), is this stuff any good, or are you just paying for the bottle?
It's average at best.

If you like your vodka, try wyborowa exquisite. It's currently my drink of choice.

bituerbo
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2

It's average at best.

If you like your vodka, try wyborowa exquisite. It's currently my drink of choice.

I'm on a moonshine kick myself... Everclear.

wintonyk
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM

It's average at best.

:thumbsup:

I def wouldn't put it into the top 10 vodkas I have had. Just the awesome bottle.

Żubrówka is another awesome vodka

Graham_A_M
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
^ That Exquisite is amazing Vodka. Thats coming from a guy that absolutely despises the stuff too. If I had to drink a hard liquor, that would be the stuff.

Originally posted by bituerbo

I'm on a moonshine kick myself... Everclear.

While you're at it, keep kicking the shit out of your liver! Thats exactly what that shit does. :thumbsup:

yeahyeah
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Grey Goose or Kirkland vodka ftw

C_Dave45
02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
It's just regular stuff. The only thing cool about it is it's Canadian made and produced by none other than our very own Dan Aykroyd. He did as a lark to begin with. I bought a bottle for a Halloween party. I just refill it cuz it's a cool bottle.

sputnik
02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Don't waste your money on that crap just for a cool bottle.

Get a bottle of Reyka instead.

http://lovelypackage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/reyka1.jpg

rage2
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by yeahyeah
Grey Goose or Kirkland vodka ftw
I still love my Goose, but it really is only good in a mix. Goose is absolutely horrible straight up.

adam c
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I find Grey Goose terrible in Caesars

wintonyk
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I bought a 40 of that in iceland. It was dirt cheap at the duty free. 20 bucks maybe. Very good, I didn't even get to finish it. Forgot it at a chicks place and that was the end of it.

soiledunderwear
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Where can you find this stuff locally?

Mitsu3000gt
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Can you guys even tell the difference between vodkas in a mixed drink? I can't lol. If I'm mixing it, Russian Prince VS Grey Goose, it's all so strong it tastes the same to me haha. I've never tried drinking "good" vodka straight up though.

spikerS
02-23-2011, 04:36 PM
i personally like the regular absolute vodka. I know it is cheap, but I really like it. But then again, I have never been a fan of grey goose.

ercchry
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by adam c
I find Grey Goose terrible in Caesars

really? that and belvedere are my caesar vodkas of choice, ciroc goes in the more "fruity" drinks

belvedere ix with ginger ale is a different experience too, i say different because im still not sure if i like it haha

psycoticclown
02-23-2011, 05:13 PM

It's average at best.

The Wyborowa Exquisite is amazing, so smooth when you drink it straight up. Even all my friends who hate vodka love that stuff. And a sick looking bottle too.

wintonyk
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Can you guys even tell the difference between vodkas in a mixed drink? I can't lol. If I'm mixing it, Russian Prince VS Grey Goose, it's all so strong it tastes the same to me haha. I've never tried drinking "good" vodka straight up though.

I don't really ever mix premium vodkas with mixes. But you can taste a difference in cocktails vs highballs. Certain flavours lend well to each other.

My vodka drink is: double on the rocks with 2 dashes of orange bitters.

bourge73
02-23-2011, 05:30 PM
^ thats some of the best I have ever had. The Skull Vodka is Dan Aykroyd's Vodka. Ive seen it at Solo on Harvest Hills :dunno:

calgary403
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM

http://drinksville.com/?cat=30

adam c
02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

really? that and belvedere are my caesar vodkas of choice, ciroc goes in the more "fruity" drinks

belvedere ix with ginger ale is a different experience too, i say different because im still not sure if i like it haha

Yea really, just don't like it

I actually like Absolut the best with my Caesars now, I've tried quite a few to test them out and absolut is so far the best

89coupe
02-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Its not Vodka unless its Russian ;)

www.kaufmanvodka.com

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lexpi5F7Ob1qgp4t7o1_500.jpg

orrr if you don't want to pay a premium.

This.

http://elitbystoli.com/

http://www.southernwine.com/Portals/0/SWS_Images/NewYork%20Images/products/stoli_elit/full_ad_stoli_elit.jpg

Kobe
02-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

The Wyborowa Exquisite is amazing, so smooth when you drink it straight up. Even all my friends who hate vodka love that stuff. And a sick looking bottle too.

Drinking Wyborowa Straight ftw when its cold

The regular stuff runs for about $8-9cad for 700ml, there was a promotion.. buy the vodka get 2 shot glasses

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9308/img0304f.jpg

My liquor cabinet always has booze in it :)

Amysicle
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.alberta-liquor-guide.com/LC/LCCATALOGCONSUM.nsf/LocatorForm?OpenForm&Seq=1&CSPC=740396

Crystal Head Vodka - 1750 mL

rage2
02-23-2011, 11:23 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/74625_10150337899665640_899405639_16162938_5880748_n.jpg

I've converted tons of people on this stuff already. Best part is, it's only $2 more than goose, so it's not retarded expensive.

Kobe
02-24-2011, 08:40 AM
I've been talked to my cousins and they say there is really no differnce between the Wyborowa regular stuff and exclusive except that the bottle is a little different and a lot nicer so they jack up the price..

Non the less, this is my favorite vodka now...
Do you now where I can buy the regular stuff in Calgary when i get back in town? to bad I can only bring back 1.2L of vodka :(

rage2
02-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Normal Wyborowa is available at the Costco liquor stores. Exquisite is available at Crowfoot Liquor store, and that massive one on 17th ave SW close to BP's. I clear those 2 places out regularly tho haha.

As for restaurants, Saddledome has Exquisite, and Ruth's Chris has the regular wyborowa (I made them bring it in for me haha).

There is a difference between normal and exquisite aside from the sweet looking bottle. Try it straight up on the rocks, or as a double/triple in a mix, and you'll definately taste the difference. I can easily do exquisite doubles all night long, but slow down pretty quickly on doubles of the regular stuff. Of course, the regular stuff is an AWESOME deal, seeing as it's only 23 bucks or something, and is comparable, maybe even a bit better, than grey goose in taste.

chkolny541
02-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

My liquor cabinet always has booze in it :)

wouldn't be much of a liquor cabinet if it didnt, would it?

bjstare
02-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I am definitely going to have to try the Wyborowa. If I'm mixing with anything that has flavor (i.e. coke) then Alberta Pure does it for me. Actually not a bad taste at all IMO, and the soft drink will mask just about anything except Silent Sam haha.

I really enjoy a vodka with a bit of club soda as well, however the type of vodka makes more of a difference with that. Looking forward to trying the Wyborowa Ex. straight up.

The_1
02-24-2011, 10:53 AM
i think ive seen this at solo in the NW
this stuff is gross

Cîroc for shots
Goose for mix

JRSC00LUDE
02-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Its not Vodka unless its Russian ;)

I wouldn't say that in Poland if I were you. ;)

Kobe
02-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Normal Wyborowa is available at the Costco liquor stores. Exquisite is available at Crowfoot Liquor store, and that massive one on 17th ave SW close to BP's. I clear those 2 places out regularly tho haha.

As for restaurants, Saddledome has Exquisite, and Ruth's Chris has the regular wyborowa (I made them bring it in for me haha).

There is a difference between normal and exquisite aside from the sweet looking bottle. Try it straight up on the rocks, or as a double/triple in a mix, and you'll definately taste the difference. I can easily do exquisite doubles all night long, but slow down pretty quickly on doubles of the regular stuff. Of course, the regular stuff is an AWESOME deal, seeing as it's only 23 bucks or something, and is comparable, maybe even a bit better, than grey goose in taste.

I will need to think of other vodka to bring back to Canada then, I will try to find some Exquiste Wyborowa here, and we will drink it, but they dont allow me 2 have "doubles or triples" it is only shots in Poland.

Its crazy at the vodka is 3X cheaper here then in Canada haha..

How about this 96% vodka for about $6cad just laying at every store in Poland

96% vodka for about $6 at the store by my place

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3972/img0305k.jpg

Even my cousins say you shouldn't drink it straight and you need 2 thin it down with water hahaha

Speed_69
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I normally drink Ciroc or Grey Goose mixed with Water.
If I'm mixing it with anything else, I like to use Absolut. Don't see any point in mixing premium vodka with stuff like juice and pop.

Can the regular Wyborowa be found at any liquor store? I'd like to give it a try.

msommers
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Do people justify Grey Goose as being good because it's expensive? I've consistently heard it's not great compared to other vodkas that are cheaper from professional tasters.

Kobe
02-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Do people justify Grey Goose as being good because it's expensive? I've consistently heard it's not great compared to other vodkas that are cheaper from professional tasters.

I do not see a difference in Grey Goose when you drink it with a pop, however if it is straight shots you do not have 2 drink anything afterwards and it goes down a lot easier when its cold from most other vodkas.

For the price however I have learned there is much cheaper vodkas that do the same trick

AaronK
02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Where do you guys buy Ciroc in town? I havent seen it anywhere...

almerick
02-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by AaronK

I bought a bottle last summer at the Hamptons Co-op liquor store in the NW, they have an awesome selection there.

Jonel
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
So is it pronounced Vy-bro-va?

Speed_69
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by AaronK

I buy my Ciroc at the Taradale Co-op Liquor Store

dingbathero
02-25-2011, 12:31 AM
You can order yourself Ciroc at inglewood wine market.

Grey Goose is over-rated.

Russian Standard and Black Stallion and Kettle 1 are the better ones out there if you are drinking them straight from the freezer.

Neil4Speed
02-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Any of you guys pick up Chiroc at $20 at Co-Op a few weeks back??

For me, out of all the vodkas I have tried, all were roughly the same other than Absolute (which is absolutely fierce under any drinking circumstance, I have no idea how people like this stuff), and on the opposite end of the spectrum - Van Gogh. The Expresso is amazing, and the original is definitely the smoothest I have had.

Rage2 may be onto something with this Stoli Elit -

http://proof66.com/display.php?frm=y&t=vod&sel=Vodka&att=&tab=ratings&varsort=aggscore_hl

Kobe
02-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Jonel
So is it pronounced Vy-bro-va?

Ve-bor-o-va

is how you pronounce it..

mrlucky1313
02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
i got the vodka skull for christmas from costco liquare and i quite enjoy the vodka itself and was going to go buy another one cause its nice and smooth with a nice flavor and takes the edge off after along day of work :)
goes nice with dr.pepper and 7 up

K3RMiTdot
02-25-2011, 10:32 AM
awesome bottle, very smooth when drinking it.

bignerd
02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
Can the regular Wyborowa be found at any liquor store? I'd like to give it a try.

Yes the regular stuff should be pretty easy to find, I always just thought it was a normal item like grey goose etc...

Do you guys thinks Wyborowa is better than Chopin and Belvedere (although these two taste the same to me).

And to whoever asked if you can taste the difference in a mix-Yes! I can always tell when some bar uses Smirnoff... tastes like juice and hairspray. I don't think you need to use premium vodka in a mix but something a little better quality goes a long way.

Dave P
02-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I am hearing that Kirland brand vodka (costco) is Grey Goose. Anyone confirm or deny?

JRSC00LUDE
02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I really like ketel one.

Speed_69
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I did! Only got the 2 last bottles though..

dingbathero
02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
I am hearing that Kirland brand vodka (costco) is Grey Goose. Anyone confirm or deny?

It's NOT grey goose, but they produce the vodka for Costco. As I said before GG is over rated. The Costco brand isn't good either.

dingbathero
02-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I really like ketel one.

:thumbsup:

Try Russian Standard or Black Stallion next chance you get, not as sweet as Kettel 1 - but for fraction of the cost it is VERY smooth.

psycoticclown
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Anybody tried 26000 Vodka? It's some vodka from New Zealand, got a bottle last night, damn is it fucking good!

AaronK
02-27-2011, 09:16 PM
I bought some Wyborowa exquisite. Amazing. That's all.

rage2
02-27-2011, 09:26 PM
^ Yea, I haven't had anyone not love the stuff after trying it once.

theken
02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I saw a 1.75L in drayton valley. I don't like any vodka. Except belvedere.

squirtle
02-28-2011, 05:32 AM
exquisite vodka is $2 more? I used to work at a liquor store I guess the prices on them went up cause they used to be cheaper than grey goose.

I have a couple at home, everyone comments on how they look like colonge bottles. They're actually pretty good, it doesn't burn like shit when you drink it unlike smirnoff or other cheaper vodkas.

Van Gogh Expresso is pretty good for flavored vodka too, it smells amazing when you open the bottle I can tell you that..of course until you get drunk off of it, then you'll never want to smell coffee for a good week or so :nut:

Kobe
02-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Van gogh Double Expresso is even better to have a few shots off! prob the best vodka in the world..

AaronK
02-28-2011, 10:32 AM
^ Yea, I haven't had anyone not love the stuff after trying it once.

Yeah i bought the bottle and brought it to my buddies place and they were all drinking Smirnoff :barf: and they all loved Wyborowa too, good call, thanks rage!

89coupe
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
You guys should all get together and do a blind taste test with a bunch of different vodka's.

I think the results would be quite surprising.

rage2
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I've done the blind taste test several times. By my 8th drink, I usually can't tell. By the end of the night, I can tell because different vodkas give completely different drunk burps. :rofl:

89coupe
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
It would be a cool theme to a party as well.

Pour each vodka into a glass vask, each with a voting box that you would score from 1-5.

The party guests could sample each one and place their vote. Have a bowl of coffee beans for the nose & some crackers to clean the palet between samples.

At the end of the night tally up the votes.

Phil_McGraw
02-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Try Sobieski, a inexpensive, Polish Vodka. I don't know if it's in Canada. Discovered it here in the states, the taste is quite nice.

psycoticclown
02-28-2011, 03:16 PM
So had more of that 26000 vodka last night, I think this is my new go to vodka of choice. I absolutely love Wyborowa exquisite too, but this stuff is even smoother and slightly cheaper cause it's on sale at a liquor store here. Highly recommended if you can get your hands on it, never seen it anywhere else though.

ercchry
03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
So had more of that 26000 vodka last night, I think this is my new go to vodka of choice. I absolutely love Wyborowa exquisite too, but this stuff is even smoother and slightly cheaper cause it's on sale at a liquor store here. Highly recommended if you can get your hands on it, never seen it anywhere else though.

the liquor guide only lists willow park for that stuff... weird thing is that it doesnt list anyone that carries it for lethbridge

psycoticclown
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I know, it was weird. Gonna have to probably buy the rest of them haha.

Jesus
03-10-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm quite the Vodka fan, and although I'm taking a year off drinking for a bet I made, I thought I'd post anyways.

If you can find it, give Vox a go. Definitely smooth and has a nice aftertaste.

Exquisite I have yet to taste, but have a bottle for after my year of sobriety.

Also, try some of the Three Olive brand vodkas if you're into mixed drinks. The tomato goes good in caesars, espresso is good straight, and rootbeer does well straight if the bottle is chilled.

takkyu
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM
For those of you who think Grey Goose is actually good:
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/

n1zm0
03-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by takkyu
For those of you who think Grey Goose is actually good:
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/

:werd: i dont even know why ppl think its a good vodka, its horrible imo, just because some douchebags with permatans in N.Eastern USA drink it?

imo you wanna drink good vodka, drink the stuff that comes from the origin countries of vodka, eastern europe and the baltic countries.

HiTempguy1
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I absolutely love Wyborowa exquisite too

I have only gotten my hands on the non-exquisite stuff so far, but even it is miles ahead of smirnoff or the like!

Kobe
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I have only gotten my hands on the non-exquisite stuff so far, but even it is miles ahead of smirnoff or the like!

Wyborowa regular costs about $10-12cad for 700ml here in Poland while exclusive costs $40cad for 700ml

Is it really worth the difference here in Poland, do I really justify paying the difference?

HiTempguy1
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

Wyborowa regular costs about $10-12cad for 700ml here in Poland while exclusive costs $40cad for 700ml

Is it really worth the difference here in Poland, do I really justify paying the difference?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of vodka besides mixing. The Wyborowa is literally some of the best vodka I've ever had. So the exclusive is probably better, as Rage2 confirmed.

Of course, you could get 4 bottles of the regular stuff... moar party for the booze man ;)

89coupe
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Anyone willing to wager a bottle of their favorite vodka that they can distinguish it from other vodkas in a blind taste test?

chkolny541
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
^^pm Rage, seems to be pretty confident haha

nonofyobiz
04-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

For me, out of all the vodkas I have tried, all were roughly the same other than Absolute (which is absolutely fierce under any drinking circumstance, I have no idea how people like this stuff), and on the opposite end of the spectrum - Van Gogh. The Expresso is amazing, and the original is definitely the smoothest I have had.

Rage2 may be onto something with this Stoli Elit -

http://proof66.com/display.php?frm=y&t=vod&sel=Vodka&att=&tab=ratings&varsort=aggscore_hl

Alberta Pure is #15 on that list! lol

I dunno this tasting puts absolute right at the top behind only Russian Standard
http://www.thefiftybest.com/wine/the_wine_detective/vodka.html

Tram Common
04-10-2011, 05:46 AM
I enjoy Ketel One... but if it's going in a Ceaser then just give me rail liquor.

Neil4Speed
04-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz

Alberta Pure is #15 on that list! lol

I dunno this tasting puts absolute right at the top behind only Russian Standard
http://www.thefiftybest.com/wine/the_wine_detective/vodka.html

:rofl: There goes all my credibility - However, I have never had Alberta Pure before.

almerick
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Just picked up a bottle of Effen.

If OP was still looking, there's 1.75L Crystal Skull at Hampstons Co-op Liquor store for $109.99 :dunno:

flipstah
04-13-2011, 03:03 PM
If I'm going to make a mix, should I go regular Wyborowa or Exclusive?

I don't want to butcher my first experience with Exclusive by doing it wrong.