PDA

View Full Version : Soda at the Drive-thru

derpderp
02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Is strange to go through random fast food drive-thru's to fulfill my craving for a soda?

I've been doing this lately.

Type_S1
02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Yes...how much to you weigh? Soda is one of the worst drinks you can put in your body. Try drinking a lot of water to get rid of the cravings

jsn
02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
:werd: I stopped buying sodas years ago. I never have any at home. I only drink them occasionally if I'm at a friends house or bbq, etc.

Freeskier
02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
I make myself feel less greasy when I got to fast food by skipping the soda lol. Pfff what's two mcdonalds burgers gonna do? I didnt get a pop... +1 justification.

Graham_A_M
02-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I have the same habit, but with Fries. Nothing beats the munchies like some fries from McDicks or Wendy's. :drool:

I agree though (hypocrisy aside), softdrinks are very bad for you and your teeth. IIRC it takes 30 glasses of water to neutralize the acidity of one glass of Coke.

I've cut them out completely. I haven't had a coke in years.

TE4MFaint
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I just drank a delicious can of Vanilla Coke. Delish.

danno
02-23-2011, 10:20 PM
i've tried to cut out pop but it's hard to beat a dr pepper.

derpderp
02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Damn it Beyond, I didn't ask if you liked to drink pop or not.

Also I am 5"11 and about 140lbs. I know it is bad for me but I enjoy it so much, I just quit smoking, one thing at a time here ok! :cry:

sr20s14zenki
02-23-2011, 10:28 PM
You quit smoking. Your mind is
filling the void of the habit of smoking with drinking pops ;).
You always replace one habit with another

Mibz
02-23-2011, 10:32 PM
The only thing I get out of this thread is that 40% of Beyonders say "soda".

jsn
02-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
Damn it Beyond, I didn't ask if you liked to drink pop or not.

Also I am 5"11 and about 140lbs. I know it is bad for me but I enjoy it so much, I just quit smoking, one thing at a time here ok! :cry:

Wtf are you trying to get out of this thread then? Yes you're a deviant for going through drive throughs to buy pop. Is that what you're looking for?

max_boost
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
No different than people going through a drive thru to get a coffee.

Mack10
02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint
I just drank a delicious can of Vanilla Coke. Delish.

Are they selling Vanilla Coke again???

TE4MFaint
02-23-2011, 10:49 PM
^ Negative.
Guy I work for went to Montana for the weekend for a beer run and I made him grab me a case of Vanilla Coke, and Cherry DR. Pepper. :drool:

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Why are you going through a drive thru to buy a 2.00 soda that is flat and flavourless? Why don't you go to macks/Sev and get a bottle of cold coke with lots of fizz and decent flavour.

AE92_TreunoSC
02-23-2011, 11:09 PM
I drink too much pop but I have a super metabolism that keeps up with it. 6'4 170lbs

Cutting back is hard, I'm weak willed lol.

Guillermo
02-23-2011, 11:20 PM
you need to fixate on a more constructive habit, like masturbation.

HiTempguy1
02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I love Coke, I think it will be the death of me. I'm not super crazy "drink a 600ml bottle or 2 everyday" though. Just a couple cans a week. I do make sure to never have any at home unless a major gaming spree is about to happen, because then I most definitely will drink it.

In other news, almost as addicting as coke is the "lemon lime" 100% natural flavours/real sugar pop available from Mucho Burrito. :drool:

derpderp
02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by jsn

Wtf are you trying to get out of this thread then? Yes you're a deviant for going through drive throughs to buy pop. Is that what you're looking for?

Aha it is just funny how Beyond is so typical, ask a question, make a statement and everyone just talks about themselves, I'll admit I am guilty of it too.

It was simply because I had asked a friend if it was strange and they said yes, I was wondering because the drive-thru people sometimes seem confused.

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Why are you going through a drive thru to buy a 2.00 soda that is flat and flavourless? Why don't you go to macks/Sev and get a bottle of cold coke with lots of fizz and decent flavour.

Probably because it is cold and I live in the downtown area, which makes pulling over really annoying.

Originally posted by Guillermo
you need to fixate on a more constructive habit, like masturbation.

So I should masturbate when I want a coke? I think I can do that.

stealth131
02-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Yes...how much to you weigh? Soda is one of the worst drinks you can put in your body. Try drinking a lot of water to get rid of the cravings It's not bad for you really, I try and drink at least a liter of pop/slurpee a day and am not fat at all.

Vagabond142
02-24-2011, 09:28 AM

That's almost signature worthy XD

Zigo
02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Do you still have teeth?^^:eek:

Dumbass17
02-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by Zigo
Do you still have teeth?^^:eek:

uhhh, i think you're doing it wrong...

Kloubek
02-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by stealth131
It's not bad for you really, I try and drink at least a liter of pop/slurpee a day and am not fat at all.

I'm not really sure if this is true or not, but I used to drink a ton of pop and stuff too.

Then the metabolism party was over before I hit 30.

BigMass
02-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Fast food pop is about the most watered down, flavorless and flat overpriced beverage I can imagine. If you want a pop just stop in a convenience store and buy a sealed bottle. You said you live in downtown. So do I. There’s a convenience store in downtown every block. Just walk.

n1zm0
02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
The only thing I get out of this thread is that 40% of Beyonders say "soda".

:werd: 40% are american expats I guess

Mar
02-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I go through a case of Coke every 4 days and I've been doing so for the last 10 years so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll gain weight with regular stuff but according to my dietitian, if you're going to drink anything, regular is healthier than diet for your body. Aspartame is terrible for you.

However I do think stopping at fast food joints to fulfill this is weird.

Save your money and drink better stuff, go to Mac's.

CMW403
02-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by stealth131
It's not bad for you really, I try and drink at least a liter of pop/slurpee a day and am not fat at all.

You're totally right. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Alterac
02-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
No different than people going through a drive thru to get a coffee.

I do this all the time, its the only thing the drive through should be used for.

Coffee/Tea and maybe a donut / muffin..

If they have to make it (sandwich/iced coffee/etc) its wasting everyones time in the line.

Also, stop using fucking debit/chip credit at the drive through.. ugh. this turned into a rant of things I hate..

Anywhoo, Coffee itself is actually pretty good for you, its the cream/sugar you add to it that causes the problems.

Wait, is this thread about nutrition? or just going through the drivethroug for 1 item?

:D

Mar
02-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
Also, stop using fucking debit/chip credit at the drive through.. ugh. this turned into a rant of things I hate..

And the express line at Safeway! Should be cash only. :whipped: :whipped:

swak
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM

I do this all the time, its the only thing the drive through should be used for.

Coffee/Tea and maybe a donut / muffin..

If they have to make it (sandwich/iced coffee/etc) its wasting everyones time in the line.

Anywhoo, Coffee itself is actually pretty good for you, its the cream/sugar you add to it that causes the problems.

Wait, is this thread about nutrition? or just going through the drivethroug for 1 item?

:D

... OH MAN... This!

I could go on and on about how much this pisses me off. It backs up the drive-thru so bad when some douche-dick decides to order up the store in the damn drive thru.
.. With me sitting behind him with my $1.79 in hand... FUCK YOU!

CMW403
02-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by swak

... OH MAN... This!

I could go on and on about how much this pisses me off. It backs up the drive-thru so bad when some douche-dick decides to order up the store in the damn drive thru.
.. With me sitting behind him with my $1.79 in hand... FUCK YOU!

You have to be kidding me...

Anyone who orders food at a drive through is a "douche-dick"?

You sound like quite the person, I'd love to meet you.

BTW, I'll be waiting for my "FUCK YOU!".

swak
02-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

haha..
Dude, Tim Horton's drive thru's aren't built as efficient as the McDonald's drive thrus.
Its just like waiting in Safeway behind someone with a cart full of stuff, and all you have is a box of cereal.
Okay, im not gonna have a temper tantrum over waiting the extra 5min, but come on, you have to agree that its annoying.

Mar
02-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

When there are other options available, yes. It's for the greater good of the community if the people wanting more items go inside and not clog up the express option for people that will be quick.

Guillermo
02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by swak

haha..
Dude, Tim Horton's drive thru's aren't built as efficient as the McDonald's drive thrus.
Its just like waiting in Safeway behind someone with a cart full of stuff, and all you have is a box of cereal.
Okay, im not gonna have a temper tantrum over waiting the extra 5min, but come on, you have to agree that its annoying.

i don't think it has anything to do with the drive thru, it's that the Tim Horton's has perhaps the worst and most inefficient operations in the entire fast food industry... people think the reason there is always HUGE lines at Tim's is because there is such high demand. Not so! there are huge lines because it takes 5 minutes for the employees to make a fucking cream cheese bagel, the way they all run back and forth and tripping all over each other. I guarantee you that those lines would disappear if they put in a single food assembly line, instead of having those two separate "work counters" on either side of the restaurant.

/:banghead:

Mitsu3000gt
02-27-2011, 01:42 AM

I mostly agree, but people digging for exact change can take far longer. Personally, I can swipe my own card and type in a pin in less time than it takes to pay with anything other than a single bill. I think most of the "younger" generation can. I think it's more older people who don't know how to quickly use the debit/credit machines, or people who insist on digging through their purse, ash tray, etc. for exact change.

I agree also though that the larger orders should be done inside only.

Mibz
02-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I mostly agree, but people digging for exact change can take far longer. Personally, I can swipe my own card and type in a pin in less time than it takes to pay with anything other than a single bill. I think most of the "younger" generation can. I think it's more older people who don't know how to quickly use the debit/credit machines, or people who insist on digging through their purse, ash tray, etc. for exact change.

I agree also though that the larger orders should be done inside only. This. Most fast food places have the fastest debit service I've ever seen. It's approved before I could even try to take my card and pass the thing back. If you're capable of remembering "OK, Account, PIN, OK" then you're capable of making your debit transaction faster than anything but prepared exact change.

ddduke
02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Freeskier
I make myself feel less greasy when I got to fast food by skipping the soda lol. Pfff what's two mcdonalds burgers gonna do? I didnt get a pop... +1 justification.

LOL, I rarely eat fast food but I use the same justification as you when I do. I also tell myself "hey, atleast there's protien in these 2 burgers, just skip the fries and pop with 0 nutritional value".

Originally posted by Guillermo

i don't think it has anything to do with the drive thru, it's that the Tim Horton's has perhaps the worst and most inefficient operations in the entire fast food industry... people think the reason there is always HUGE lines at Tim's is because there is such high demand.

You got some info to back this up? Because I'm going to say there is a huge demand for tim hortons and that's why there's a line. Starbucks is equally useless and it takes them 5 min to make a single coffee and they're not as backed up as tim hortons. When I pull onto a site in the morning I see 50 guys all holding tims. People in Canada love the coffee.

911fever
02-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I love soda. I can't get enough of it, I don't have any in my house because if I did, I'd drink a case in a day or two. I still have it quite a lot every week though :facepalm:

swak
02-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
This. Most fast food places have the fastest debit service I've ever seen. It's approved before I could even try to take my card and pass the thing back. If you're capable of remembering "OK, Account, PIN, OK" then you're capable of making your debit transaction faster than anything but prepared exact change.

This.

.. the trick to having exact change though is fumble around for it while you're pulling up to the next window/waiting for the guy in front of you to get his sandwich :thumbsup:

calgarydub
02-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Ix_F7rEExqI

Kardon
02-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a carbonated beverage maybe once a week, but I actually prefer fountain coke zero to the stuff in can/bottle.

z2two
02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
i drink pop several times a week... o_O