PDA

View Full Version : Good Karaoke Places??

JayVee
02-26-2011, 12:01 AM
So, today my friends and I went to Superstar Karaoke Box on 5th avenue NE and I can say that the service sucked, the song selection sucked and everything about that place sucked. The staff were extremely rude. (Mainland China people) and thought that they could speak in Mandarin and have us not understand. Luckily, my friend knew Mandarin and we cussed her back out. When we told her we were unhappy about their service they started to raise their voices and said "It's not my problem, I'm not the boss" (In a fobby accent of course). I was extremely displeased and will never return.

So after my rant, I was just wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions? And preferably places that don't ID and have up to date songs.

Type_S1
02-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Nanta's or Sole....

I don't know I have always had decent service at Superstar...let us bring liquor let us smoke in the rooms...

dj_rice
02-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Nanta's or Sole....

I don't know I have always had decent service at Superstar...let us bring liquor let us smoke in the rooms...

My vote goes to Nanta's and Sole also. M1 is okay but I havent been there in ages. And what?If you want a place that don't ID, then hit up Chuck E Cheese

JayVee
02-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

My vote goes to Nanta's and Sole also. M1 is okay but I havent been there in ages. And what?If you want a place that don't ID, then hit up Chuck E Cheese

No need to hate. I can personally go but some of my friends are not quite 18 yet.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out the next time I want to go karaoke.

stealth131
02-26-2011, 01:37 AM
O sulivans on macloud and rat n parrot were good

dirtsniffer
02-26-2011, 04:20 AM
duckys has pretty good singers, well unless im there. usually a bouncer on the weekend though

dj_rice
02-26-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the OP is looking for asian karoke places.

flipstah
02-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Nanta's > Sole (before reno)

Haven't been to the Sole after-reno yet. Can anyone contribute? :)

KKY
02-26-2011, 05:57 PM
let us bring liquor let us smoke in the rooms...

Is this recent?

Type_S1
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by KKY

Is this recent?

For last few years or so. Few buddies know the owner so it's all good for smoking most nights for us.

They will let anyone bring liquor in just hand them the bag at the front counter when you are getting a room...I've never been charged but have heard other people have.

As for Nanta's vs. Sole...I prefer Nanta's still. Sole is nice since it's on 8th ave and have free parking if you know the code...Nanta's is a bitch to park unless you get lucky.

dirtsniffer
02-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I think the OP is looking for asian karoke places.

what's asain karoke?

dj_rice
02-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

what's asain karoke?

A place where there's no white people singing

jsn
02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
^^ I rarely go but last time I was at Nanta, some white guy busted out Jay Chow. Blew my mind lol

Skyline_Addict
02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Nanta for sure. Superstar is shit.

Blue
02-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Nanta, superstar are for those try hard asians now

ryder_23
02-27-2011, 05:45 AM
And now there on the AGLC hit list.

flipstah
02-27-2011, 11:29 AM

As for Nanta's vs. Sole...I prefer Nanta's still. Sole is nice since it's on 8th ave and have free parking if you know the code...Nanta's is a bitch to park unless you get lucky.

If you park on 6 St. past 5th Ave., you will ALWAYS find a spot. That or around 5th Ave.

Originally posted by jsn
^^ I rarely go but last time I was at Nanta, some white guy busted out Jay Chow. Blew my mind lol

I think I know who you're talking about. That same dude sang Korean! :rofl:

I go there a lot haha.