PDA

View Full Version : Might need to hire 1 or 2 casual developers

Mar
02-27-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm starting to turn away work and I got a call from a major company last week that I'm having a hard time saying no to.

I need at least 1 casual developer that I can offload work onto when things get too busy but for now it would just be casual as I can usually handle the workload myself.

If I take this new project, it's 4 months long and I need someone to take care of the 3 current projects I have going now for that total time frame (which will likely be extended)

1. A very simple website I need done for my condo board, just a simple 10 page site explaining the features of the board, the contacts, community and a blog (Wordpress?) for any new announcements and a section to pay the condo fees online via Paypal. It's as simple as setting up a Paypal link and custom page. Simple project so it's just a simple Wordpress install, I just don't have time to even look at it.

2. I'm also doing a site for my neighbour that is 75% done and may be finished by the time I manage to hire someone. But if not, I need to offload this too, she's pretty picky about the design. It's a Joomla install, just need someone to change the design so she likes it so some PHP/CSS coding needed but not much. Fairly simple.

3. The third one is my biggest client I've been working with for the last year, it's a completely custom system built from scratch in PHP and MySQL with a secure login that takes an input from the user, runs all the calculations from the database and spits out a quote. I need someone to build the PHP to add automated purchase orders as well. This probably should have been done in J2EE or something but it's PHP for now. This is an ever evolving project so after purchase orders it'll do crew management, project management, shipping, invoices, everything.

The third project is huge and probably about 15,000 lines of code so far and is completely uncommented......sorry. So if you can pick up someone else's PHP work fairly quickly and make enhancements to it let me know. Even if you're not comfortable enough to do the third project, I might be able to use you for the first 2 so let me know.

Message me on interest and I'll give you some more information and explain the application process. Thanks guys.

:goflames: