PDA

View Full Version : Alberta cowboy cuts loose from Mantracker

Guillermo
02-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey Guys,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/02/25/edmonton-mantracker-grant.html

msommers
02-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Hate to be Cpt. Bringdown but I never liked that show. Seems like the whole thing was totally staged.

Guillermo
02-27-2011, 11:27 PM
^^i agree - i think there was a member on here who worked on the crew, and said that they reenacted the whole thing a second time to get the video. anyhow, i do like the mantracker, and can't imagine that they'd continue the show without our High River homie... i mean, that dude IS mantracker!

BerserkerCatSplat
02-27-2011, 11:37 PM
That sucks, I always had a soft spot for that show and I doubt it will feel the same without him.

As Guillermo mentioned, it was "staged" to a certain extent - they did the actual event/hunt and then re-enacted it for the cameras as they would have a heck of a time keeping up with Mantracker lugging cameras and setting up shots. It's not uncommon to do that; Top Gear's epic car vs. public transport races are shot the same way.

black13
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Love the show! It won't be the same without him, get him back ffs, his salary can't be that much.