PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Fiasco - Lasers

beecue
03-01-2011, 09:29 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/303b8r7.jpg

Album leaked last night but I haven't listened to it yet. This one is definitely worth purchasing, Lupe is sick. Words I never said is such a good song. Album cover is pretty good too.

Lupe_Fiasco-Lasers-2011-H3X

thrasher22
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I thought this had already come out... I'll be checking it out regardless, Lupe is sick!

JordanEG6
03-01-2011, 10:01 AM
I'll wait until release. Haha. I've waiting this long already, might as well. Plus, I still purchase CDs if I know it's going to be worth it. I've been a huge fan since F&L.

SneakyNeek
03-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Lupe is one of my favorites, The last verse in Words i never say still gives me shivers every time i hear it.

bball2
03-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Been quite a long time since his last album, but I'll definitely be picking it up when it gets released next week :thumbsup:

Chester
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Good album

BenC
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
this album is sick!
definitely worth purchasing!

Tram Common
03-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Huge album, I can't stop listening to a few songs, "I Don't Wanna Care Right Now" is such a sick track.

SScott
03-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Over 4 years in the making

schocker
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Soo good, have just left the entire album on repeat. :thumbsup:

almerick
03-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Definitely picking this up, listening to it right now :thumbsup:

jsn
03-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Not that impressed so far. I really liked the cool but this one so far just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but so far it definitely hasn't.

Zephyr
03-04-2011, 12:42 AM
So far pretty good. Turns out Lupe doesn't like this album.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/interview-lupe-fiasco-hates-lasers

[Yu]
03-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
So far pretty good. Turns out Lupe doesn't like this album.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/interview-lupe-fiasco-hates-lasers

Hmm, when I read it, it just says he doesn't like the process involved in making it. He says a lot of the songs are "dope".

So I'm going to have to agree that the songs are sick indeed.

Disoblige
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
If Lupe says the album isn't really him, then no matter how dope the songs are, I have mixed feelings.

Lupe needs to drop Atlantic.

Jeremiah
03-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't get it? It almost sounded like they brought him beats/hooks/lyrics and he just rapped them. The cd is dope but it's definitely more commercial than F&L or The Cool which are both two of my favorite CDs along with college dropout and late registration....

Hmmm...

Just like Kanye his 3rd CD will be his most successful+ commercial offering...

I do like Lasers better than MBDTF though

JordanEG6
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
This album was alright for me.
Nothing spectacular, but I know, for awhile he's been wanting to dip into the mainstream. This album shows it. It was a little too 'poppish' and mainstream for my tastes. No doubt a good album, but he definitely took a different approach to this one as opposed to Food & Liquor and The Cool.

I liked it, but nothing really caught my ear personally like "I Gotcha", "Gold Watch" or "Kick, Push".

I guess with a little mainstream success from "Superstar" he probably decided to take a similar approach by using strong vocals for his courses and not-so-complex rhymes.

What happened to not wanting to "Dumb it Down"?

EDIT: I just read the link. Yes, he needs to drop Atlantic. Maybe move to G.O.O.D.? He'll make noise and be able to drop an album he's satisfied with.

Jeremiah
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
This album was alright for me.
Nothing spectacular, but I know, for awhile he's been wanting to dip into the mainstream. This album shows it. It was a little too 'poppish' and mainstream for my tastes. No doubt a good album, but he definitely took a different approach to this one as opposed to Food & Liquor and The Cool.

I liked it, but nothing really caught my ear personally like "I Gotcha", "Gold Watch" or "Kick, Push".

I guess with a little mainstream success from "Superstar" he probably decided to take a similar approach by using strong vocals for his courses and not-so-complex rhymes.

What happened to not wanting to "Dumb it Down"?

EDIT: I just read the link. Yes, he needs to drop Atlantic. Maybe move to G.O.O.D.? He'll make noise and be able to drop an album he's satisfied with.

I hear ya..

I was hoping with the success of this album Atlantic will let him do his own music, and he'll be able to drop the tracks that were supposed to be on lupEND

Jlude
03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I've only listened to the Words I Never Said song, pretty good.. but doesn't sounds like what I expected. Will have to download the rest of the album later.

beecue
03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I couldn't find the CD at Futureshop or Bestbuy here, they didn't get any. HMV got a few so I got it from there, cheaper anyways. Atlantic wasn't even going to release the CD till some people protested in Atlanta.

Jeremiah
03-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by beecue
I couldn't find the CD at Futureshop or Bestbuy here, they didn't get any. HMV got a few so I got it from there, cheaper anyways. Atlantic wasn't even going to release the CD till some people protested in Atlanta.

In New York in front of Atlantic to be exact ;)

And I looked online and it said "SOLD OUT"