PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut (Chessy Bites)

TomcoPDR
03-01-2011, 11:14 PM
This goes to show television advertising does work (even if you can sucker someone just once)

Been plastered with these Pizza Hut "Chessy Bites" commercials all around, personally I'm not a big Pizza Hut fan, haven't been there for years (5-8 year+). I believe my fondest memory of this place/corporation was 20 years ago when we were so poor that my brother and I took turns exchanging signatures on that Pizza Hut sponsored school reading program. (where if the kid reads 5-8 books, their parents sign off, and the kid redeems a free small pizza).

Called them up and the operator offered a current promotion 1 large chessy bite, 10 wings, 2L pop for $25.99... sure why not.

When the driver came, the total with delivery ended up to be $38.75 :confused: (looked into it further after eating, it was 1 large ONE 1 topping, we ordered a "pepperoni lover" which cost $21.99 just for the pizza, but ironically the only thing (TOPPING) that's on the pepperoni lover was the pepperoni, lol)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/CCF01032011_00001.jpg

The pizza was COD, cold on delivery. Burnt. The chessy bites looks nothing like the commercial, stale/cold cheese. You're better off heading to your local Superstore buying a loaf of discount bread, wrap it around a cheese string, throw it in the mircowave for 30 sec.

The 1 topping, oh sorry, "Pepperoni Lover" was so thin and tasteless, felt like it was made by some poorly funded junior high home-ed. class.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_4635.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_4634.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_4632.jpg

The $8.99 wings were great, while the full joyful basket of 10 lasted.

Service (phone operator) 1/5: He should had just told me the pepperoni lover was a ripoff and basically the same as a 1 topping; pepperoni.

Price 1/5: $40 forty buck for one large, 10 wings, 2L pop... Definitely way better pizza deals in comparsion out there.

Food 1.9/5: Their "Wing Street" wings weren't too bad... Truely awful pizza, disgusted, dissapointed, still fuckin' hungry... I still can't believe that was delivery.

Serviced by 15422 Bannister Road SE Midnapore location.

bastardchild
03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Dang I was gonna try this out. Good thing I've been too busy lately and saw your review before I ordered.

dj_rice
03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Pizza Hut pizza is really garbage BUT its cheap eats. I never eat there either cept for when they had unlimited toppings deal and I bought a large with 15 toppings with stuffed crust. The cheese was hard and chewy

TomcoPDR
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Pizza Hut pizza is really garbage BUT its cheap eats. I never eat there either cept for when they had unlimited toppings deal and I bought a large with 15 toppings with stuffed crust. The cheese was hard and chewy

No, Pizza Pizza in Ontario is cheap (pizza) eats.

baygirl
03-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Maybe you should learn to cook yourself...

Benny
03-02-2011, 03:54 AM
After discovering places like Vogglio's/Pizza Bob's/Rea's/Avatara, I never order from any of the 'fast food' type places anymore. The prices are almost comparable at this point too.

Priced out for the exact same meal: A large Vogglio Special, dozen wings, and a 2L = $37.25 (with tax)

Sure you have to go pick it up, but you KNOW it's gonna be fucking awesome. So to solve the problem of having to drive, you have to pay premium prices for sub-par food. The only way this would be viable is if I had been drinking and wouldn't drive.

Life is too short for shitty pizza :thumbsup:

n1zm0
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
everytime theres the cheesy bites promo, all i can think of is this classic:

http://babypizza.ytmnd.com/

Mitsu3000gt
03-02-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm guilty of the same thing....wait a super long time since a previous visit, see a tempting fast food or restaurant commercial on TV and try it again. EVERY SINGLE TIME I am disappointed, so I don't know why I don't learn haha. Pizza Hut has to be the worst offender though, I have never had a single acceptable piece of pizza from them. It is so bad I can't even believe it - much like you describe.

Western Pizza and Sammy's Pizza are pretty good I find if you just need some quick food for a party or something. A lot probably depends on the location, who is working, etc. because all it takes is one shitty pizza to ruin someone's opinion of a particular place.

spikerS
03-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I am currently LOVING vern's pizza! fucking awesome, at least to me. I just wish I was not on my diet, I would be ordering it for dinner lol

300zxfairlday
03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Only time I go there is if I want pizza for lunch and am super hungry (lunch buffet) even then I always regret going there afterwards!

phreezee
03-02-2011, 11:09 AM
For major chains, the only 3 I order from are :
1. Papa John's - best tasting
2. Pizza 73 - good promo pricing and location, get "free" wings.
3. Pizza Hut - sometimes I just crave that greasing pan pizza crust

adidas
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I find there is a big difference in taste when you do pick up over delivery, especially from pizza hut.

topmade
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Had the chessy bites a few times delivery and pickup and I thought it was pretty good. But every time it came pretty quick so it was still nice and warm and not burnt.

Aleks
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
They basically use cheese strings in these and stuffed crusts so if you don't eat it right after it comes out of the oven the cheese gets hard and goes back to being cheese string :drool:

Guillermo
03-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I got sick of paying $8 for delivery of cold pizza with congealed cheese, so I invested $30 in a pizza delivery bag, and just always get pickup. I usually arrive just as it's coming out of the oven, and am at home eating the hot fresh pie within minutes. i haven't had pizza delivered in probably 2 years, and don't see myself doing it again unless I am stuck in a hotel room somewhere.

cherpintow
03-02-2011, 01:25 PM
That looks pretty nasty.

The other night I ordered from Pizza 73, for $20 I got:

9 inch two topping pizza
Side of ranch
wings
curly fries
carrots
bag of those brownies
2L diet coke
2 for one movie pass