PDA

View Full Version : No more Mitsubishi Evo?

SilverRex
03-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Has the time come for Mitsubishi to ditch the evo line up?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autocarconfidential/archive/2011/03/01/the-mitsubishi-evo-is-no-more.aspx

I know this was coming, only a matter of time, the evo just doesnt fit the every day driving needs and certainly appears not making them enough money to keep the car.

this is (imo) where subaru is ahead of the game as they knew going mainstream is the key to success. This is also the reason why subaru does not want to produce an evo slayer

I never doubted evo's track performence, and I wonder if this news will drive up all evo use car sales which can become a collector's car.

Phenix
03-02-2011, 10:51 AM
well the price of he evo here keeps them out of reach of many. like really is it worth 55k fully loaded? Canadians get screwed with cars like this.

SilverRex
03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Phenix
well the price of he evo here keeps them out of reach of many. like really is it worth 55k fully loaded? Canadians get screwed with cars like this.

one thing is for sure, no evo = increase STI sales

there just isnt any car like the STI and offering for its price range.

but I understand eventually due to emission requirements, the STI may be a goner one day,

flipstah
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Their sticker price is what's killing it.

The Evo is an impressive machine and can stack up against the STi but to stay competitve, it has to be affordable; money talks.

A fully loaded STi is what? ~mid $40K? For almost the same thing, STi will be a better deal.

Looks wise though... I'd rather have an Evo.

'Tis a shame they're planning to kill the Evo.

heavyD
03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

one thing is for sure, no evo = increase STI sales

there just isnt any car like the STI and offering for its price range.

but I understand eventually due to emission requirements, the STI may be a goner one day,

I don't see this affecting STI sales very much. We are talking about really low volume cars here and the truth is that both cars don't really fit into the marketplace anymore as there isn't much of a market for +$40,000 four cylinder automobiles. It's not a coincidence that all the mods and longtime posters at NASOIC don't even own STI's anymore and have moved to BMW, Audi, Mustang, Vette, etc. The cars have priced themselves into upper territory where better options exist. The Mustang GT runs circles around both for less money for example.

Worldwide the EVO outsells the STI so it's got nothing to do with Subaru being ahead of the curve. The only reason the STI may carry on longer is that the company is doing really well in the US at the moment while Mitsubishi is diving head first into the electric/hybrid business and trying to change their image. Problem for Subaru fans is that without an EVO pushing Subaru will they even invest in torque vectoring AWD or twin clutch autos? Or will the STI turn into a Legacy GT type car that is soft?

As long as this isn't official and the Lancer continues to exist I still don't believe that there won't be another EVO anyway.

SilverRex
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
[B]

I don't see this affecting STI sales very much. We are talking about really low volume cars here and the truth is that both cars don't really fit into the marketplace anymore as there isn't much of a market for +$40,000

when the STI first came out it was $50K+, and look at it now, $37K, I see subaru continues to have a market place. both STI and evo dont make up their major sales anyway, but if the evo buyers were all to pick up a STI (for discussion sake) then that means STI sales could double which IS significant because this would keep the STI around a bit longer

four cylinder automobiles. It's not a coincidence that all the mods and longtime posters at NASOIC don't even own STI's anymore and have moved to BMW, Audi, Mustang, Vette, etc.

people grow older, and they have grown out of the STI and into more luxury performence brands, guess what as much as I enjoy my STI, my next performence car will not be the STI, even if the STI came out with twin clutch and 400hp, its because of my age, been there and done that, time for a car that fits my age and I think that is what's happening

Problem for Subaru fans is that without an EVO pushing Subaru will they even invest in torque vectoring AWD or twin clutch autos? Or will the STI turn into a Legacy GT type car that is soft?

I dont believe the subaru was pushed by the EVO, simply look at how the STI have evolved over the last few generations, clearly STIs has since gone soft and is trying to appear to the main market of buyers a long time ago, the STI is here today because subaru is making enough money to keep the model in their line up, they are keeping it at a level as to not piss off the STI crowd but at the same time keeping it affordable and practical for day to day drivers. Had subaru came up with something bigger and better as a result of the evo, it would have meant it cant be price competitively once again, over the years keeping where the STI is at, bought their price range down slowly, and if the future does not hold well for both EVO/STI why on earth would they throw more money at it?

Phenix
03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
it just sucks the evo is going away. dam thing just got here.

heavyD
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM

I dont believe the subaru was pushed by the EVO, simply look at how the STI have evolved over the last few generations, clearly STIs has since gone soft and is trying to appear to the main market of buyers a long time ago, the STI is here today because subaru is making enough money to keep the model in their line up, they are keeping it at a level as to not piss off the STI crowd but at the same time keeping it affordable and practical for day to day drivers. Had subaru came up with something bigger and better as a result of the evo, it would have meant it cant be price competitively once again, over the years keeping where the STI is at, bought their price range down slowly, and if the future does not hold well for both EVO/STI why on earth would they throw more money at it?

You don't think the 2011 revisions and sedan had anything to do with the STI getting whipped by the EVO in every comparison? You think the 2009 power bump and suspension changes to the WRX (usually never happens in a 2nd year model) were pure coincidence to the announcement of the 2009 Ralliart? I don't.

Subaru has been able to sell the STI at lower prices because they are selling essentially the same car as the 2004 model. That's about to change now as the the next generation will require a new engine and other updates which will cost money to engineer and build. Don't expect the next gen STI to sell under $40k Canadian and expect it to cost more which will make it hard to justify.

SilverRex
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM

You don't think the 2011 revisions and sedan had anything to do with the STI getting whipped by the EVO in every comparison? You think the 2009 power bump and suspension changes to the WRX (usually never happens in a 2nd year model) were pure coincidence to the announcement of the 2009 Ralliart? I don't.

Subaru has been able to sell the STI at lower prices because they are selling essentially the same car as the 2004 model. That's about to change now as the the next generation will require a new engine and other updates which will cost money to engineer and build. Don't expect the next gen STI to sell under $40k Canadian and expect it to cost more which will make it hard to justify.

no I dont, you are right about the cars are essentially the same as the 2004 model. Subaru is just touching up here and there just to satisfy the media and pull off a car cover at the auto shows. Sure the WRX got a bump in power thanks to the Ralliart, but we are talking about the STI here, wrx sales far out weight the STI so it would be business epic failure not to address some of its performance issue due to its competitor, they werent re-inventing the wheel here with the wrx 265 either, because they can they did it.

Good luck if you want Subaru to completely over haul the STI because of the EVO, otherwise they could have done it a very long time ago. The STI basically have the same car or similar spec since 2004, that should tell you immediately that subaru is not doing anything to stay ahead of evo, only limited changes to keep the cost down and sell more units.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I think the Evo is the better car but it's pricing puts it close to BMW/Audi/Mercedes territory which older buyers would tend to lean to but at the same time it costs a bit too much for the younger crowd, so they look more to STis.

Sorath
03-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I think the Evo is the better car but it's pricing puts it close to BMW/Audi/Mercedes territory which older buyers would tend to lean to but at the same time it costs a bit too much for the younger crowd, so they look more to STis.

This..

I wanted an Evo SOOOOOOO bad, i hated my sti, but for the price, just didnt make sense, thats why i bought a 335

Cos
03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Originally posted by Sorath

This..

I wanted an Evo SOOOOOOO bad, i hated my sti, but for the price, just didnt make sense, thats why i bought a 335

10000000% agreed. LOVE Evo's. Are amazing cars. 53,449 is insane for a decently loaded car.

Sugarphreak
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM

AaronK
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I might just have to go and buy an Evo X now before they are all gone. They were definitely the better car in the Evo vs STi comparison.

heavyD
03-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Good luck if you want Subaru to completely over haul the STI because of the EVO, otherwise they could have done it a very long time ago. The STI basically have the same car or similar spec since 2004, that should tell you immediately that subaru is not doing anything to stay ahead of evo, only limited changes to keep the cost down and sell more units.

How could they overhaul the STI? Their new engine developement is well behind most manufacturers and their cars are amongst the simplest, low technology as there is right now. 2004 WRX's had a more advanced AWD system compared to 2011 WRX's. Call a spade a spade here. We aren't talking about an innovative company that's pushing the boundaries. We're talking about a niche company that sells entry and mid level AWD cars. They are currently enjoying historical success in the US but as with all manufacturers there's ebb and flow and what goes up will come down. They have nothing going on in the electric or hybrid department and the fuel efficiency of all their vehicles are usually average or at the bottom of the class even with the new 4-cylinder. Really what is the excuse of 'the' AWD company to not even have one offering that does some sort of torque vectoring? Aren't they still selling cars with 4-speed automatics lol?

HiTempguy1
03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey Mitsubishi: YOUR PRODUCT LINE SUCKS.

Maybe they should fix that/their car company image before doing the hybrid/eco thing. The Lancer brought them back from the dead in North America considering the sales bomb the late gen gayclipse was.

Onassis
03-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I have a feeling Mitsubishi will pull out of the NA market if they keep on making shitty cars.

SilverRex
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM

How could they overhaul the STI? Their new engine developement is well behind most manufacturers and their cars are amongst the simplest, low technology as there is right now. 2004 WRX's had a more advanced AWD system compared to 2011 WRX's. Call a spade a spade here. We aren't talking about an innovative company that's pushing the boundaries. We're talking about a niche company that sells entry and mid level AWD cars. They are currently enjoying historical success in the US but as with all manufacturers there's ebb and flow and what goes up will come down. They have nothing going on in the electric or hybrid department and the fuel efficiency of all their vehicles are usually average or at the bottom of the class even with the new 4-cylinder. Really what is the excuse of 'the' AWD company to not even have one offering that does some sort of torque vectoring? Aren't they still selling cars with 4-speed automatics lol?

I will admit it subaru aint a big company, but as far as I am concern, because of their size, I dont expect them to be able to spend a fortunate on projects for the future. They will happily team up with other manufacture for this pursuit. (TOYOTA/SUBARU) is one example of such relationship,

the new found success in north america will bold well for subaru and can move them into the next phase of growing the company. You will be surprised at this day and age and the economic uncertainties, its one major reason sales have increase, since people WANTED cheap alternative to an AWD all round practical vehicle. while the poor get poorer and the rich get richer, the current Subaru line up hits home with consumer who cant afford a G37/335/A4 AWD and doesnt want a toyota/honda SUV.

also if you go here
http://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPageID=4773&WebSiteID=282

who said they didnt have anything going on with hybrid/electric? sure it has been a while since they release anything official and I do not think they will temper with their current model line up until they know for sure it will sell, after all, I dont think they can afford producing a car that aint ready for the market. when the time is ripe, they will have something, just because you dont hear it dont mean it aint there.

tawheed
03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I guess people are sick of spending nearly 50k on cars that have interiors of cars worth 15k

94boosted
03-02-2011, 03:55 PM
heavyD maybe you should hold off on selling your Evo in a year it may be worth more :rofl:

As enthusiaists of performance cars loosing the EVO is sad no matter how you slice it.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
So they are stopping production to change thier image to a eco-friendly car company? I am really getting tired of this save the planet bull-shit they keep trying to spoon feed the public with.

Guess what Eusegi, you don't get to decide what the public wants or doesn't wants. The next couple of years are going to be a steep learning curve for you....

I agree completely but the sad truth is that there are more and more people jumping on this stupid hybrid/plug-in hybrid/electric vehicle bus

heavyD
03-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
heavyD maybe you should hold off on selling your Evo in a year it may be worth more :rofl:

As enthusiaists of performance cars loosing the EVO is sad no matter how you slice it.

LOL too late.:( Driving a 2WD pickup truck in this weather is like some sort of twisted punishment for selling the EVO.

I imagine if in fact this is the last generation of EVO that values may hold well. It's a great car for what it is but Mitsubishi is struggling in the US market and truth be told sales haven't been kind to most performance cars since the recession started. It's possible they just can't to put all the R&D and engineering into a niche product. If the EVO was made by Toyota or Honda for instance it would have been shit-canned a decade ago because they only build cars that turn profits.

Mitsu3000gt
03-02-2011, 04:32 PM
The Evo is a massive rip off IMO. You'd have to be a pretty die hard fan to choose an Evo over a new BMW 335i or new Audi S4. I just can't see the appeal of those cars considering what else is in the price range. They make more sense around $35-40k IMO.

Anomaly
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Besides the lancer, what does Mitsubishi have in North America that actually sells well? I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see them pull out of North America :dunno:

flipstah
03-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Anomaly
Besides the lancer, what does Mitsubishi have in North America that actually sells well? I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see them pull out of North America :dunno:

What about the Outlander? I see a lot of them on the road. Including mine :D

ArjayAquino
03-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I've been seeing quite a few RVRs too.

heavyD
03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
What about the Outlander? I see a lot of them on the road. Including mine :D

Mitsubishi sales are almost toe to toe with Subaru in Canada based essentially on sales of Lancers and Outlanders alone.

carzcraz
03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol this is the 3rd consecutive car I've owned that has been discontinued....CL-S (Acura), S2000 and now the EVO X.

All the more reason to hold on to my X :)

Ymerej472008
03-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Mitsubishi leaves North America because Toyota makes a way better boring car.

Onassis
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Further to some comments published in the press recently, production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned. As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture. Stay tuned.

From Mitsubishi Facebook.

clem24
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by carzcraz
All the more reason to hold on to my X :)

The Evo-X is a soul-less car. It's just a big piece of technology that goes really fast. It's mass produced. It's based on a mass produced car. It stirs no emotion.

So sorry, it will never become a collector's car. In the future, others will come along and trounce it's performance. It just won't bear the Evo moniker. End of story.

heavyD
03-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by clem24

The Evo-X is a soul-less car. It's just a big piece of technology that goes really fast. It's mass produced. It's based on a mass produced car. It stirs no emotion.

The only real flaw in your statement is that you indicate the possibility that there have been other cars manufactured with soul. You realize that soul is just a word and expression right? You realise that a 1993 civic can stir emotion in its owner as emotion is an individual thing. I assume the car doesn't stir your emotion but I can assurs there are meny EVO owners that will claim the contrary.;)

clem24
03-03-2011, 02:53 PM

The only real flaw in your statement is that you indicate the possibility that there have been other cars manufactured with soul. You realize that soul is just a word and expression right? You realise that a 1993 civic can stir emotion in its owner as emotion is an individual thing. I assume the car doesn't stir your emotion but I can assurs there are meny EVO owners that will claim the contrary.;)

LOL I think you're missing the point or I just didn't finish my point. In any case, my impression is that people will somehow think the Evo will become a collector's item or that somehow the price will appreciate and I am saying no, even after the Evo is taken off the market, there will still be plenty of Evos for sale on the used market and their prices will continue to go down.

[Edit] Sorry just re-reading your post, yes you are correct. I suppose someone can find the Evo to stir their emotion.

carzcraz
03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by clem24

So sorry, it will never become a collector's car. In the future, others will come along and trounce it's performance. It just won't bear the Evo moniker. End of story.

Did somebody shit on your cornflakes this morning?

My husband and I cannot be bothered to keep our cars long enough in hopes of them becoming "collectors"... if this were the case, in our garage today and also at the acreage would reside a few of our past cars collecting dust. Cars are one of our hobbies, something that we have the option to waste our money on - not have to keep as an investment in hopes of eventually selling to pocket a couple measly, unremarkable thousand dollars.

Maybe I should have rephrased my quote but your "impression" was too haste. I simply meant that I do not have to anticipate eventually trading up my X for a potentially better/improved XI in a few years time.

Thank you though for the very constructive feedback. "End of story."

treg50
03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Hahahaha, Mitsubishi is smelling what Honda is cooking.

"Enthusiasts," that word makes me laugh. How about being enthusiastic about not killing the air you breathe? Or get out of you car and get a hobby to excite you instead of flooring your Evo to the next red light where the granny you thought you out ran in her Corolla will catch right back up to you.

X_EVO_X
03-08-2011, 09:27 AM
The evo isnt going any where. Very limited run of 2011's and the evo 11 will just be taking a new direction in terms of drive train, straying from the 2.0liter AWD gas engine that has been the staple powerplant since 92'. The rumor of the evo being discontinued all together is just that, a rumor.

A790
03-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by X_EVO_X
The rumor of the evo being discontinued all together is just that, a rumor.
Perpetuated by someone pretty high up at Mitsu...

clem24
03-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by carzcraz

Maybe I should have rephrased my quote but your "impression" was too haste.

Hahaha no one shit in anyone's cornflakes... "maybe" you should've rephrased your quote? Yeah maybe. Anyway I know what your mean so we'll just drop it.

Back on topic.. I think obviously Mitsu is losing money on these cars, which is something that Toyota and probably Honda has figured out. Sure they're losing market share and they're losing sales but I don't think it's anything to do with their loss of performance cars - it's their overall image, and their bland and/or ugly cars. And with bland cars I think they just need to spruce up both their styling and up their quality plus throw in better handling and more power. But I don't think they necessarily need an actual performance model in their stable. So with Honda and Toyota, even with them losing sales, they're still going to be making money, just less.

Look at Hyundai for example. They're doing just great, and their only performance model is the Genesis Coupe. I will make the assumption here that the Genesis Coupe isn't even that well regarded, nor are people that aware of the car. So it's obviously not what is drawing people into showrooms. It's the rest of the line up.

Cos
03-08-2011, 11:04 AM
The evo isnt going any where. Very limited run of 2011's and the evo 11 will just be taking a new direction in terms of drive train, straying from the 2.0liter AWD gas engine that has been the staple powerplant since 92'. The rumor of the evo being discontinued all together is just that, a rumor.

So not turbo, not AWD, probably electric. How is the Evo staying in anything but name.

X_EVO_X
03-08-2011, 11:11 AM
It will still be awd, and turbo is more not off the table at this point. It wouldnt be the first time a vehicle has continued to use a name plate when it differs from the orignal options and design of that vehicle.

7thgenvic
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
really happy that I didn't waste my money on a Evo....Too much money for a cheap feeling car.

Mibz
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
So the global product director says there will be no Evo XI, an anonymous tip says that the Evo XI will be a hybrid and a random sales guy says it will be awesome.

:/

A790
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
It will still be awd, and turbo is more not off the table at this point. It wouldnt be the first time a vehicle has continued to use a name plate when it differs from the orignal options and design of that vehicle.
Right, we saw that with the Eclipse. It went from a hot-rodded turbo AWD to a heavy, FWD V6. It's not even remotely the same car.

The Evo is a nameplate that has merit. It'd be a shame to bastardize it. I'd sooner see it killed than mutilated.

Onassis
03-08-2011, 01:22 PM
They need to bring the Ralliart colt over.

Cos
10-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Autocar reports this morning that — as we first reported over a year ago — the next Mitsubishi Evo will be powered by a hybrid powertrain and will go on sale within three years — this, according to an interview with company president Osamu Masuko has confirmed to Autocar. Although Masuko did not reveal the full technical details, it is understood that the Evo XI will switch to a diesel-electric hybrid powertrain, saving it from tightening emissions regulations while preserving its trademark mid-range shove. "We will start work on the project next year, and it will be ready within three," said Masuko. "I have set the goal of developing a sporting car featuring electric power." I have... no words.

A790
10-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by A790

Right, we saw that with the Eclipse. It went from a hot-rodded turbo AWD to a heavy, FWD V6. It's not even remotely the same car.

The Evo is a nameplate that has merit. It'd be a shame to bastardize it. I'd sooner see it killed than mutilated.
I stand behind my comment 150%.

A3GTiVR6SC
10-22-2011, 11:19 AM

My thoughts exactly.

:werd:

J.D.
10-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow, this would suck if it happens. Love the evo.

But if they do decide to go green I don't see them lasting long first off there way behind as Toyota's been doing green for a long time and has a reputation for good hybrids. And if they try to go with a cheap hybrid how do they figure there gonna beat the focus which is also cheap and again has been out already with time to make a reputation.

Losing Evo going green imo could be the end of them or at least a big wake up call.

georgemagana
10-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Thanks Tristam.

And Epic face palm at the op lol Seems like as soon as they see something online they post in on beyond and start making shit up to support it haha like the guy with the canadia (american) 100% accurate facebook rant haha

EVO XI is gonna be a hybrid, possibly diesel. :facepalm:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/10/mitsubishi-evo-xi-will-be-a-hybrid-confirms-company-president.html

Unknown303
10-22-2011, 12:20 PM
A hybrid diesel would be crazy awesome! I'd buy it for sure, :drool:

georgemagana
10-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Edit: computer is crazy double posting :facepalm:

X_EVO_X
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM
The rest of the industry is seeing a ton of nice hybrid sports cars, I personally would like to see it maybe 2014 with the evo 11. We should have 2011s soon and the 12s will probably be the same. I will try to keep everyone posted as I hear info.
-Tristan

n1zm0
10-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Onassis
They need to bring the Ralliart colt over.

YES! i would daily drive the shit outta one of those, those things have potential

89s1
10-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by treg50
"Enthusiasts," that word makes me laugh. How about being enthusiastic about not killing the air you breathe? Or get out of you car and get a hobby to excite you instead of flooring your Evo to the next red light where the granny you thought you out ran in her Corolla will catch right back up to you.

the "log out" button is up top, feel free to click it and never come back.

treg50
10-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 89s1
the "log out" button is up top, feel free to click it and never come back.
Quoting me from MARCH. :thumbsup:

But taken in context, my comment still stands, just like what everyone else is saying. The Evo is a tough sell from Mits which is why it's getting eliminated. The majority of people have priorities or standards the Evo doesn't meet.

X_EVO_X
10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
We will see a colt type car here within the year. I hope they keep the name the same instead of what they did with the ASX, RVR outlander sport type thing. I will keep you guys posted on that as well.

Tomaz
10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
So, they are bastardizing an already awesome (admit, quite pricey) car for change? Really, they should make something new, not fuck up something that was already good.

flipstah
10-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
So, they are bastardizing an already awesome (admit, quite pricey) car for change? Really, they should make something new, not fuck up something that was already good.

They're hoping to ride on the name for success. 'Tis a shame, really. :(

reiRei
10-26-2011, 10:19 AM

I've had diminishing interest in Mitsubishi's new products. I own an 06 lancer and I still love the car, but I just can't buy into their new model line up, they just look so homogenized and mass market... I'd hate to see the Evo change into something it isn't for marketing, or to appease the so-called "environmental" masses and become green. The car is an icon, and it should be given the respect it rightly deserves..

o8y4fiOkDsg

I hate to sound like an old fan girl, but they just don't make them the way they used to...

Tomaz
10-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

They're hoping to ride on the name for success. 'Tis a shame, really. :(

Gone the way of Honda. lol

Here's to hoping there will be something cool made again by mitsu in 10 - 20 years! :banghead:

Hallowed_point
10-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the Mitsubishi Evo has a very bland exhaust note? imo it doesn't have any character to it like the WRX, 350Z, RX7, SRT4 etc . Not really too sad to see it go. :poosie:

flipstah
10-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Am I the only one that thinks the Mitsubishi Evo has a very bland exhaust note? imo it doesn't have any character to it like the WRX, 350Z, RX7, SRT4 etc . Not really too sad to see it go. :poosie:

Evo VIII sounds pretty sweet! :drool:

A3GTiVR6SC
10-26-2011, 10:37 PM

I didn't buy an VIII for the exhaust note..
I bought it to out-perform cars like the WRX, 350z, RX7, SRT4 etc.

:poosie: :poosie:

heavyD
10-27-2011, 07:40 AM

LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .........................:facepalm:

heavyD
10-27-2011, 08:28 AM
It's official the EVO is alive!

If yesterday it was just a rumor, today it became official: the next-generation Mitsubishi Evo XI has finally received green light for production, according to company president Osamu Masuko. Although Masuko didn’t reveal, Autocar says that the new Evo XI will be powered by a diesel-electric hybrid powertrain due to the tightening emissions regulations. Thanks to the improved torque of the diesel engine and the electric motor, the new Mitsubishi Evo XI will be capable to sprint from 0 to 62 mph in under five seconds, yet delivering CO2 emissions of less than 200 g/km.

The current Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X is powered by a 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC engine delivering 291 hp. The car also uses the Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) four wheel-drive system, which integrates braking, steering and traction control.

The new Evo XI is expected to receive a revised version of the same system. The all-new EVO is expected to hit the market within three years, according to company president Osamu Masuko. “We will start work on the project next year, and it will be ready within three,” said Masuko. “I have set the goal of developing a sporting car featuring electric power.”

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/mitsubishi-lancer-evo-xi-hybrid-sports-car-gets-green-light-for-production/

0-60 mph in under 5 seconds, S-AYC, four cylinder diesel mileage. Where do I sign up?

n1zm0
10-27-2011, 09:09 AM
^ i wonder how many potential aftermarket possibilites there will be with this new powerplant, because as it's been since 1992, modification of the turbocharged 4 cyl has been part and parcel of what makes an evo a great car enthusiast platform imo.

but interesting to see the diesel/electric tech when it comes out.

Hallowed_point
10-27-2011, 09:36 AM
I was referring to the newest generation evo in terms of boring exhaust note (imo) :drama:

treg50
10-27-2011, 10:43 AM
^ I don't think they missed your point.

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
I didn't buy an VIII for the exhaust note..
I bought it to out-perform cars like the WRX, 350z, RX7, SRT4 etc.

:poosie: :poosie:
I will I was a massive fan of the IX overall.

It's official the EVO is alive!

Kind of nice to know Mits is going to keep trying.

X_EVO_X
10-27-2011, 11:12 AM
A3GTiVR6SC`s car sounds sick.

X_EVO_X
10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Also as I get specs on the next gen car I will make sure to start a thread for you guys.

Sorath
10-27-2011, 04:27 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5858/vindiesellol.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/vindiesellol.jpg/)

blackpeople
10-27-2011, 04:28 PM
^^^:rofl: :rofl:

asp integra
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM
considering you can get the new S4 for fully loaded evo prices im surpried the evo is still around. I would take the S4 in a heart beat compared to the evo

Sorath
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I was referring to the newest generation evo in terms of boring exhaust note (imo) :drama:

my car sounds way better than your boring "350z/wrx/srt-4" lol

took rx7 out of the list because i think they are badass :poosie:

flipstah
10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
considering you can get the new S4 for fully loaded evo prices im surpried the evo is still around. I would take the S4 in a heart beat compared to the evo

+1. I think you'd be more comfortable in an S4. Plus, manual slushbox if you're not into the dual-clutch dealie.