PDA

View Full Version : Need a therapist who actually helps with the problems?

n1zm0
03-02-2011, 11:37 AM
She does webcam sessions too

8uEyah7ALNU

There’s something about a naked woman that can make a man do strange things.

Like discuss his feelings.

That’s the theory, at least, behind “naked therapy,” a new psychoanalytic tool not approved by any professional mental health association, but practiced right now by a 24-year-old New York City woman named Sarah White.

“The goal is to show patients I have nothing to hide, and to encourage them to be more honest,” explains White.

“For men in particular, seeing a naked woman can really help them focus, look deeply into themselves and speak their minds openly.”

Sessions begin with White fully clothed. As the hour proceeds, she asks if the patient (who are, unsurprisingly, mostly male) minds if she removes her shirt.

Then her skirt. Then her bra and underwear. The patient rarely minds.

One-hour sessions cost $150, and at first are conducted over webcam. Once a level of trust has been established, patients can book in-person sessions, though the price increases fivefold.

The decision to keep one’s own clothes on is entirely up to the patient.

For my own naked therapy session, I opted to stay dressed throughout our discussion about my pesky (and life-threatening) problem of nicotine addiction.

As the naked therapist’s clothes came off, I found myself “more concentrated, insightful, thoughtful and excited about exploring [my] life and making positive changes.” Just as White predicted on sarahwhitelive.com.

I actually got downright effusive about my struggle with the smokes, as though I wanted to prove that I could analyze a complicated subject from every angle.

I was trying to impress her.

White hasn’t exactly been embraced by the mainstream of psychotherapy. But she has begun work on a Ph.D. dissertation about naked therapy.

Any sexual interaction between patient and therapist is considered highly unethical by the American Psychoanalytic Association, the largest and oldest such organization in the nation. Even physical contact violates its code of professional conduct.

But there is no physical contact in naked therapy. And, as White points out, “It’s not like I’m having relationships with any of my patients.”

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/02/28/news-naked-therapy-1-2/

D'z Nutz
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I think I'm going to sign up with her to discuss my obsession with breasts.

Type_S1
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
750$ an hour seems extremely high to watch some girl get naked. I can do that for $20 at some strip club hahaha...some would call that therapy as well.

n1zm0
03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
750$ an hour seems extremely high to watch some girl

$150/hr, you on a smartphone or forget your glasses lol

D'z Nutz
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

One-hour sessions cost $150, and at first are conducted over webcam. Once a level of trust has been established, patients can book in-person sessions, though the price increases fivefold.

fivefold = x 5

$150 x 5 = $750

you on a smartphone or forget your glasses?

Unknown303
03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Not sure if this would be the best place to go to discuss my obsession with women.

ExtraSlow
03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
for $750 an hour I'd better get a hotter chick than this:
http://sarahwhitelive.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/imbalance/images/splash05.jpg

Jlude
03-02-2011, 02:25 PM
^^ you said it... Cause you could get a PRO and a different therapist and still be up money.

Graham_A_M
03-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I really dont want to pay $750/hr to see HER naked... its like...
:rolleyes:
"It shows I have nothing to hide" really? shes all about the publicity this stunt will create, and the stupidity of the guys willing to pay her outrageous fees as a side result.

Type_S1
03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

You forget to attend grade two math... or just forget your glasses?

Thanks D's Nutz....

But yea it says she doesn't even have a graduate degree. It's like talking to your waitress about your problems...what a joke. She is cashing in on men's stupidity so good on her though haha.

Cos
03-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Not sure if this would be the best place to go to discuss my obsession with women.

Yeah me too.. lol

Is it just me or does it seem that the 'therapist' has problems of her own? need attention much?

streetarab
03-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

But yea it says she doesn't even have a graduate degree. It's like talking to your waitress about your problems...what a joke. She is cashing in on men's stupidity so good on her though haha.

If shes working on a PhD, EdD or PsyD then she already has a masters degree and might actually be a licensed independant clinical social worker or a licensed mental health counsel, most therapists in the field aren't actual doctors but they are still licensed by the state to do this. My counseling professor told me two days ago getting a doctorate wasn't really worth it when you can be a therapist without it, four years of internships instead of two doesn't get you that many more benefits and im not looking to teach