PDA

View Full Version : Stupid T-Top Question

epp01
03-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey, I have a stupid T top question for those 2nd gen owners out there. I just bought a second gen mr2 and I tried to take the T-top's off but they won't budge, it looks like there is a lock cylinder in the T-top but the ignition key doesn't seem to move it like it's frozen. The lock is facing straight up and down and not let to right. Also I figured to get the top off you just undo the one knob in the center and pull the handle? Doesn't want to seem to budge at all. Any tips? Or are my T-tops locked? I guess the real question I have is when the lock is straight up and down is it unlocked or when it's laying left to right is it unlocked.

Redlyne_mr2
03-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Dumb question but did you try pulling the handle? Sounds like its locked and you may need a locksmith.

epp01
03-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah I pulled pretty good on the handle, didn't want to pull any harder thought I might break it. Buddy I bought the car off of said they don't lock, I don't know, does anybody know if it's up and down that's locked or left to right?

Redlyne_mr2
03-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Up down is unlock I think, I can check my car tomorrow.

epp01
03-03-2011, 01:04 PM
I figured it out I must have been really tired last night. Mine has like a cover that goes under the glass to keep the sun out. I didn't know that under that cover there's a second little safety latch you have to push to pull the handle, did that and she came right out!

Tik-Tok
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by epp01
I figured it out I must have been really tired last night. Mine has like a cover that goes under the glass to keep the sun out. I didn't know that under that cover there's a second little safety latch you have to push to pull the handle, did that and she came right out!

Lol, yeah, I can't even have my covers on because my head hits them, so I tinted my t-top glass.