PDA

View Full Version : GZA-Dickens pub March 11

03ozwhip
03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.primeboxoffice.com/concert/tickets.aspx/gza/Calgary/202

anyone going? id love to go i just dont know about a pub for a venue. years back i saw EVE and the ruff ryders at Metro and it sucked balls. what do you guys think? discuss.

LadyLuck
03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Pretty appropriate venue for a show like that.
Seen acts perform there before, its decent.

EK 2.0
03-04-2011, 02:48 AM
GZA will be lucky to sell out a venue like that...

It sort of makes things cooler for fans because only "die-hards" and the drunken randoms will be in attendance...It's how I caught Slum Village a few years back and it was amazing because there were like 40 people to watch the show...and it just made things more intimate...

broken_legs
03-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Genius.

Billy_Billions
03-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Anyone got an extra ticket?

PM me

03ozwhip
03-13-2011, 11:07 AM
i went, fucking guy didnt come on til almost 1am. im old i barely made it lol was good though, good local talent there including Ricca and good old Chain Reaction. naughty by nature and house of pain are coming this spring/summer!

JimmyJones
03-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
i went, fucking guy didnt come on til almost 1am. im old i barely made it lol was good though, good local talent there including Ricca and good old Chain Reaction. naughty by nature and house of pain are coming this spring/summer!

Chain reaction is the backbone of Calgary hip hop, I remember he was playing on a drum and rapping at the opening of millennium skateboard park. Every now and then I see him around Calgary and make sure to pick up his new mixtape. nice guy.

03ozwhip
03-13-2011, 11:30 AM
ya ive got all Chains shit, cant say its all THAT great but youre right, definitely a big part of hip hop out here. im suprised at the white boy talent out here though, almost every act that opened was white and they rip shit up.